Thread: Peasants only campaign

Default Peasants only campaign

I tried to play with only peasants on VH/VH. It`s looking impossible. One enemy general can easily beat entire stack of peasants. Did anybody conquer entire map with only peasants?

Default Re: Peasants only campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Onufriy View Post
    I tried to play with only peasants on VH/VH. It`s looking impossible. One enemy general can easily beat entire stack of peasants. Did anybody conquer entire map with only peasants?
    I did a peasants and generals only Imperial campaign with the Julii once. It's slower, of course, but doable.

I think a full map peasant campaign would be interminable.

Legend of Total War started a M2TW campaign using Egyptian peasants several years ago. You might want to look at his YOUTUBE videos for some ideas.

Once suggestion from me would be to experience up your peasants as much as you can so they are more like weak infantry. I think I got some of my peasants up to silver in my p&g campaign.
    I'm OldTotalWarrior on YouTube.

Default Re: Peasants only campaign

On VH/VH difficulty, that's pretty much ing impossible. It might be doable on M/M difficulty, or maybe H/H -- if you're very good.

If you'd like to make it as easy for yourself as you possibly can, do the following:

• Play as a barbarian faction (I think, if memory serves, that the Gauls are the best) which gives upgrades to attack and defence via temples.
    • Play as the Macedonians. They get upgrades to weapons & armor via temples, and, can expand -- relatively easily -- into some of the wealthier cities of Greece -- I.E. Athens. If you take Sparta quick, whilst it is wall-less, you can also take advantage of its Large Temple of Nike, which will give (I think) +3 exp. to troops trained there.
    • Don't use Very Large unit-scale, so recruiting peasants doesn't halt your population-growth, thereby reducing your tax-base & income.

You're in for a very tough ride though, regardless of what you do, and, especially if you're dead-set on VH/VH.

-V

-
    G. Ward