Thread: Script question: is it possible to hide auto resolve win chance?

Default Script question: is it possible to hide auto resolve win chance?

So I found the override_attacker_win_chance_prediction command, and I'm wondering if I could use that to finally "mask" the Rome 2 auto resolver that shows us with 100% accuracy if we will win or lose a battle.

I've spent many hours trying to do this via db editing and have thus far been unsuccessful. I'm going to try my hand at scripting to see if I can solve this once and for all.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    "What? Men dodging this way for single bullets? What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance. " - John Sedgewick, Union General, his last words before being killed by a sniper.

Default Re: Script question: is it possible to hide auto resolve win chance?

Quote Originally Posted by HappysLegi0ns View Post
    So I found the override_attacker_win_chance_prediction command, and I'm wondering if I could use that to finally "mask" the Rome 2 auto resolver that shows us with 100% accuracy if we will win or lose a battle.

I've spent many hours trying to do this via db editing and have thus far been unsuccessful. I'm going to try my hand at scripting to see if I can solve this once and for all.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Where did you find this "override_attacker_win_chance_prediction" ? In auto_resolve script, or in db?

If in db, please point out the actual table*

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Yeah, where did you find it?
    It's not a lua function (nor it's present into auto_resolve script), maybe it's just a sort of label you've found somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Yeah, where did you find it?
    It's not a lua function (nor it's present into auto_resolve script), maybe it's just a sort of label you've found somewhere?
    Apologies! I should have posted it in the original post! Here is the link: https://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_Wa...ript_Interface
    "What? Men dodging this way for single bullets? What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance. " - John Sedgewick, Union General, his last words before being killed by a sniper.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

that's for attila and there is still no "override_attacker_win_chance_prediction command".

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    that's for attila and there is still no "override_attacker_win_chance_prediction command".
    Very...interesting... Can't wait to see were this is heading

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee