Thread: The correlation between trait_triggers and Public Order

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Icon3 The correlation between trait_triggers and Public Order

While searching older posts and conducting some testing regarding traits, I discovered that the public order ratio between Nobility and Middle/Lower Classes is heavily influential for most of the acquired Minister traits, some ancillaries and even general traits.

Having a higher ratio of P.O. favouring the nobility results in Lewdness traits, Morally Impaired, and ancillaries like Landscape Gardener, Mistress etc. Having a higher ratio favouring the Lower/Middle leads to Honest trait (amongst other positive ones), Jug Head etc.

A happy nobility ratio appears to be related with a general chance of gaining "Drunk" traits as well. It seems that when a certain amount of points is accumulated (I supposed it's the "value" on trigger_effects_tables) every character gets a random chance of spawning a bad trait based on trait_trigger_tables.

This would also explain why further in campaign acquired traits are way less common. As you develop (government and entertainment building chain), your public order increases for both sides. That being so, it's way more difficulty for putting a big ratio between Nobility and Lower Classes: a 1 for Nobility versus 2 for Lower P.O. is a difference of 100%. A difference between 10 for Nobility and 11 for Lower Classes is of 10%, diminishing dramatically the chance of acquiring a trait.

On the same note, Constitutional Monarchies have less traits that favour the middle classes, opposed to Absolute Monarchy, which leads to the snowballing issue.

Moreover, it seems that - for some obscure reason - higher Public Order for the Nobility seems to only lead to bad traits, which also provide a bonus for Nobility happiness... causing the good ole snowball of more bad traits!

Where is exactly this located on the db tables? trigger_effects_tables does explain some things, but not the P.O. effect. Is there some comprehensible guide on trait triggers? Did someone fixed this weird system by modding?
    Last edited by iporto9393; July 11, 2019 at 04:28 AM.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Default Re: The correlation between trait_triggers and Public Order

No there is no guide I'm aware of. As far as I know, you're the first person researching this. What you might have missed is the "export_triggers.lua" a script in which the traits are actually triggered.

a random example from that file:

Code:
    --[[ C_Admiral_Blockade_Runner_Good_Trigger ]]--

events.CharacterCompletedBattle[#events.CharacterCompletedBattle+1] =
    function (context)
    	if conditions.CharacterType("admiral", context) and conditions.CampaignBattleType("naval_breakout", context) and conditions.CharacterWasAttacker(context) and conditions.CharacterWonBattle(context) and not conditions.CampaignName("episodic_1", context) and not conditions.CampaignName("episodic_3", context) then
    		effect.trait("C_Admiral_Blockade_Runner_Good", "agent", 1, 100, context)
    		return true
    	end
    	return false
    end
    Btw this file is in the main.pack.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Btw this file is in the main.pack.
    Thanks, Quintus.

As far as I know, you're the first person researching this.
    That's really disheartening. While exploring the tables, I've seen that there's a ton of stuff related to scripted events as well - mutinies, diseases, natural disasters, promotions etc...

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by iporto9393 View Post
    That's really disheartening. While exploring the tables, I've seen that there's a ton of stuff related to scripted events as well - mutinies, diseases, natural disasters, promotions etc...
    Yes, if you dig deep in the CA-files you find things that were never realised and would have been awesome. They should have worked on ETW a while longer and added all this stuff into the game.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop