Thread: Caesar in gaul and makedon wars campaign as Rome.

Default Caesar in gaul and makedon wars campaign as Rome.

i am about to start one of this campaigns as rome (i am going to play both of one, one after another) and I would really appreciate any tips u can give me. I have search in the forums for other people experiences in this campaigns but I found nothing. I would like to read how they are, how hard are they supposed to be, and what should I do for winning.

Default Re: Caesar in gaul and makedon wars campaign as Rome.

I played CiG as Rome not so long ago with DEI, it was a great campaign! The avernni was conquering many settlements in the west while I took many in the east. I had approximatly 11 settlements and Avernni had 8, the war started when Vicengetorix attacked my western port settlement ( which the AI defeated me). This declaration of war was an insult to Rome and I had to retake my lost city and kill the Gauls! While my armies were marching west Massilia betrayed me and took another settlement from me, I conquered the city of Massilia with much bloodshed but the victory felt like a defeat because by that time Avernii came with 3 armies and took away my gains.
    Julius Caesar gathered his remaining forces and is now marching to confront this barbarian invasion....
    I haven't been able to play cause of work, but it has been a VERY epic campaign, never have I seen in vanilla that the Avernii was a threat.

The last time I played the Macedonian campaign it was like 2 years ago, and I found it boring, the AI doesn't recuit enough armies, I took Macedon with virtually no resistance and the few battles I had I autosolved them because the enemy had very bad armies. I don't know if the DEI team has improved this campaign, I hope so.
    Last edited by chriswhr; July 08, 2019 at 12:56 PM.

I haven't played either campaign in quite some time. That said, CiG is more challenging and fun because of the lack of navies. The AI is unfortunately terrible at using a navy but is rather good when it only needs to focus on land, which is what CiG gives you. Macedonian Wars I found to be quite easy and boring.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by jonhgalt View Post
    i am about to start one of this campaigns as rome (i am going to play both of one, one after another) and I would really appreciate any tips u can give me. I have search in the forums for other people experiences in this campaigns but I found nothing. I would like to read how they are, how hard are they supposed to be, and what should I do for winning.
    Hello and welcome to the Forums
    I would advice you to check our DeI Strategy Guides and Gameplay Discussion thread for more info and advice from other users.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 16, 2019 at 05:19 AM.