Thread: Looking for Mod

Darth Arminius's Avatar Laetus

Default Looking for Mod

Hey guys,

Im looking for a mod with many new units (dont mind if historical or fantasy), reskins (can be historical) and a good overall AI.

I already played Darthmod, TAR, Empire of Destiny and really liked them. Now i want to try something new.

There are a few good ones out there:

Imperial Splendour, Imperial Destroyer, Empire Realism, A Proper Empire: Terra Incognita....

Wich of them has the most variety/ units ? Like Radious for example.

Thanks.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Looking for Mod

I've played Imperial Splendour and recommend it. I like Imperial Splendour's units. You can see examples of textures and game-play on their development thread, for example here and here. The modders behind Imperial Splendour use a concept of early, middle and late-period units, so you can see your roster evolving (at least, for major factions whose rosters have been completed). Imperial Splendour increases the differences between factions in other ways, for example the mod has different research trees for different factions and faction-specific buildings. Imperial Splendour has slower battles and uses the fatigue system to model unit cohesion for land battles.

Imperial Destroyer is the only mod (as far as I know) which turns wilderness areas into new regions, which is an cool feature. I believe that Empire Realism has a similar approach to realism to Imperial Splendour (slower battles, using fatigue to model cohesion) although I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Alwyn; July 06, 2019 at 11:28 AM.

Darth Arminius's Avatar Laetus

Thanks Alwyn, i will try it. Has it also AOR (area of recruitment)?

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

You're welcome! Yes, Imperial Splendour has different units recruitable in different parts of the world (such as Caribbean regiments), which I like.