Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - Steam compatible

zercopiteco's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - Steam compatible

Modify some things in the EDB so that it looks a bit more like the shell, now I am testing it if it works well I will share it, of course with the permission of the moderators.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by zercopiteco; May 30, 2020 at 10:44 AM.

Default Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - Steam compatible

Quote Originally Posted by zercopiteco View Post
    Modify some things in the EDB so that it looks a bit more like the shell, now I am testing it if it works well I will share it, of course with the permission of the moderators.
    Unfortunately, I cannot verify the file in practice. The mod didn't start when I pasted your file into the main folder. Any suggestions why?

In addition, I noticed that some units cannot be recruited at all in the campaign, for example, Sword and Buckler Man (Spain and Sicily). I don't think that this is critical for players, but I think that recruitment system in campaign should be fixed.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; August 02, 2020 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Merged.

In my opinion, it would be possible to fix the stats of the pikemen, since all pikemen - both militia and elite - are identical for all factions in their classes.

Default Re: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - steam compatible

this mod is awsomeeeeeee.... so one problem when u want to play multiplayer the England is not in visible is there a way to fix this?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

That's a weird one - the multiplayer faction selection screen is unedited as far as I know.

OK for 3 days we are playing this game with multiplayer that's a hell of fun!!! The multiplayer faction selector is stretched and half of the maps are unavailable... I did manually added them ... maybe that is why... I will reinstall the game to see if the problem goes... and also the trebuchet and catapult don't have special ability button... also Poland archers that could plant stakes can't fire firey arrows... so I will reinstall the game to see what happens if I don't modify the maps ... acutaly adding a lot of maps make the custom battle crash all the time.

so uninstalling did nothing unfortunately everything is as it was before

I tried everything, I even installed the original version of the mod and the multiplayer faction selection is even lack more factions, see the strength and weakness part in multiplayer section isn't smaller and is the original size, I think that's why... and some special ability buttons are missing like the balista and catapolt , to be more specific the cow shot and fire shots of bombard and etc... the exploding shots are there. is there really no way to fix this? we are enjoying this mod ssoooo much and one of us is an England main and some artillery are useless cause of the lack of special ability in custom and multiplayer battle

Blog Entries

Now I have a clearer picture, I was thinking of hot seat multiplayer, not custom battle. There is a limit how many factions can be enabled for custom battles in this mod (28), hence the undesirable factions get disabled by 'no' in the descr_sm_factions file, in the the custom_battle_availability line.

To enable england change the entry to yes and then set another faction to no

Krixux's Avatar Ordinarius

OK I am like a child now, waiting for downloads from STEAM and this Mod !!!
    - it is Definitive Edition compatible right ? !!!
    (steam 45% ..., mod 15 % downloads... no , honestly the excitement is biggus biggus! )
    D I V I D E - ET - I M P E R A

& A PROPER EMPIRE: TERRA INCOGNITA .... A P E - T I
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "Perhaps, as some wit remarked, the best proof that there is Intelligent Life in Outer Space is the fact it hasn't come here. Well, it can't hide forever - one day we will overhear it."

Blog Entries

It's compatible with Steam, here are some more mods I made compatible. If you have any issue with a kingdom mod's compatibility (can't find kingdoms exe) then check here for the fix.

Thanks Gigantus
    -
    I will live the following text as is for the posteriority ...
    as an example of how NOT to ...

""" I have this tiny (huge) problem:
    the mod starts in Grand Campaign Flawless !!!
    Everything Is working !
    Auto battles work as well...
    BUT: during Battles, any battle, campaign/custom/etc, the UI - were the units cards are - is just white with nothing on it. """

edit: OMG !!! The Long Road ! after so many years !
    thanks ! hope it works (fingers crossed)

2nd EDIT !
    of course the mod is perfect after I installed the patch ...
    Last edited by Krixux; October 19, 2020 at 08:31 PM.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "Perhaps, as some wit remarked, the best proof that there is Intelligent Life in Outer Space is the fact it hasn't come here. Well, it can't hide forever - one day we will overhear it."

Blog Entries

Only the unit cards are white?

I included my 'block graphic' fix in the installation to prevent UI glitches like that so a screenshot will help to identify issue.

For more 'repacks' like these have a look in this list.

I know I am an idiot , it is perfect now ...
    I edited my other post ...

Blog Entries

Never mind thanks for coming back on this.

Hello there @Gigantus !

Thanks for the work done on updating and polishing this mod ! I have some questions about some of the actions taken.

A few years back I modified this mod and fixed some things and added units to some factions.

In your modifications list I saw :
    removed surplus original files (lookups, enums, unused model files)
    provided missing files (sprites)
    re-formatted modelDb

I wonder, even though it might be impossible, if you could remember what models were removed, and what entry might have been modified in the modelDB ? Since some units I would like to implement might be part of it.

Thank you have a nice day !

Blog Entries

The files I removed where not referenced in the modelDB file, eg they were never used. The model entries in the modelDB file were not altered beyond some formatting. I did add some missing sprite files but I am not sure if they were for models that were in use.

Which means you should be fine with your implementation if it is based on 'old' modelDB entries as you seem to suggest.

gigantus thank you for all your work on this and other mods, if we ever meet i'll cheerfully buy you a pint!
    Something strange, cannon towers and sometimes ballista towers dont seem to fire at all is there any way i can change this?

Blog Entries

You could experiment with stuff in descr_walls. It could have to do with the min angle, eg how low they can aim. You may find some values of the projectile listed in the descr_walls entry in descr_projectile as well.

Icon1 Re: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - Steam compatible

Hey there Gigantus !

Coming back with an update, there're some little things that you could add in another update for the 5.2 version :

- The occupy glitch is still present in the descr_faction_standing (the part about razing after the consequence of the occupy settlement glitch isn't excluded).

- For a reason I don't understand (I'm not familiar with battlemaps), the siege equipement when sieging Jerusalem are too low, it doesn't affect gameplay but I think it is better said if there is an easy fix.

EDIT : Concerns every large city settlement.

- For this one, I've modified the mod quite a lot already, so I don't know if it's the results of my modifications or not, anyway :

When, while playing as the teutonic Order on the campaign map exclusively (custom battle aren't affected), I'm starting a battle with the Teutonic faction leader, the game crashs at one third of the loading screen.

The issue is recurrent with any kingdom general model used for the faction leader battlemodel indescr_strat (Hochmeister, Nur ad Din and Saladin also used for novgorod, moors, mongols and russia faction leader, byzantine faction leader, etc...). They do not have a sprite after the model line in the BMDB, which surprise me but I'm not familiar with sprite as a whole.

Does this happen in your unmodified 5.2 version that I used as base for my modification ? The system log didn't gave my any error on a level = * trace setting.

I checked the path spelling in the BMDB for the Hochmeister model and textures.

I remember removing the Heroes unit from the EDU and descr_strat, but I don't thinks it's related since they used the NE or ME or TO bodyguard soldier and don't directly refers to the BMDB entry of the heroes strat map model.
    The descr_strat make a direct reference of starting faction leaders to heroes battle models however, I'll try removing this reference and see the results. I suspect another problem in another file because the battlemodel must be referenced elsewhere as it is passed as well as the bug to the faction heir when the faction leader character dies.

Edit : Removing the descr_strat reference to the BMDB for turks, whom use an expansion BMDB, has removed the crash, I'm going to check if it happens to the heir aswell after the faction leader dies. Why does it crash for the expansion models and not the vanilla one is a mystery.

I'm wondering if you could give me some advice on this matters, I wish you a nice week !

- Khan's Guard and Mongol Bodyguard and Mongol Heavy Archers (mounted and dismounted) do not have their shield. Using the vanilla models instead fixed this issue.

- In this thread, there is a report of a CTD related to character trait of the 5.2 version. While a submod is concerned, I don't believe it changed anything to the traits, therefore the issue might be still hiding somewhere : https://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?803030-Submod-for-KGCM-5-0-2-More-Units-Guam-elements-implemented-more-accurate-EDB/page2

- About the farms dissappearance on the campaign map, post #15 (I believe the campaign map is better with them, as you wish) : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-campaign-map

- I made corrected models for sibyan al-khass, iqta'dar, saethwyr and Armenians of Cilicia (added quiver), I can send them to you if you wish.

EDIT #1 : By the way, looking at the pending stuff on the first page : The incapability to recruit low-tier unit in the late game is 100% intentional, I don't think making them recruitable in the late game is in the mind of the mod. However, I do recognise that the switch between units is too abrupt.

I did the following in my modifications, this describes a castle barrack recruitement pool accross time, this example only use 3 units that supposedly play the same role :

1) Low tier unit (fast replenishment and max avaibility = (+))
    2) Low tier unit (+) and Mid tier unit (low replenishment and low max avaibility = (-))
    3) Low tier unit (-) and Mid Tier unit (+)
    4) Mid tier unit (+) and High tier unit (-)
    5) Mid tier unit (+) and High tier unit (+).

Nothing special but I guess people would be satisfied by having access to two different unit costs for a single purpose at each level and a feel of progression (by excluding low tier, or even mid-tier for factions that possess a good number of high tier units, at some point). Different scaling could be implemented in order to correspond to each faction roster, this would also be easier if we were to give access to the units in the EDU that were excluded from the EDB, I don't remember how many I added back though.

The need for a feeling of progression is also why I added units for a number of faction : mostly poland, hungary, russia and novgorod, mongols, teutonic_order and crusader state, egypt turks and moors, byzantium. Units added aims to give credibility to those faction in the late game era or close a gap in their roster, with access to a unit of halberd, a pikemen unit, or zweihander unit, or else. A lot of units have also been dismounted (polish retainers, hussars, khan's guard, etc..). I plan to make it a submod but I'm still polishing and testing for now even tho every units are 90% complete in terms of model, unit card and unit description. Only the unit image on the battlemap right click description on pause is missing.

For some factions, I've also thought about giving access to a low recruitment pool and low replenishment rate of mercenary units in the EDB using buildings other than barracks. Why : For helping to fill a gap in a faction roster without giving a full access. Like : Ireland and access to mercenary welsh longbowmen. How : Threw merchant building, like it's done with Bedouin for egypt for example.

Some mercenary unit were directly implemented in factions barracks though : Unhorsed (crusader) knights and crusaders sergeants for the TO and the crusader states : could be migrated to ports for a kind of immersion (foreign fighters coming Outremer).

EDIT #2 : How about implementing Azumi's debt script in complement or instead of the actual debt script in KGCM ?
    The thread link : https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15509171
    Last edited by Firnafin; December 28, 2020 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Added info