Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - Steam compatible

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - steam compatible

Quote Originally Posted by Basil the Second View Post
    Pal Gigantus thanks and congrats for one more job well done..! So can we play the mods that you have made steam compatibles like "For King or Country" or when you manage to do something for "Rule Britannia" and if we manage to make "Kingdom oh the Scots" work that both are Kingdoms mod for the Britannia campaign and other mods with this mod so for all of the mods to work just fine or if istall this i will have problems with all of the mods I mention.!? Btw is mod foldered and buddy you know what I am waiting for if you manage to make it work.! No pressure thoug... The box bug worked for KotS but it CTD with a message thanks anyway pal.?
    I'll get there eventually, right now I am doing the 100 Years war mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Used2BRoz View Post
    Another day, another bug.
    Irish unit recruitment is incomplete.
    In the city barracks, Ceitherne (kern) are only recruitable at the 1st and 2nd tier barracks, but not above that level.

In the castle barracks, Cliathari (spearmen) and Peasants are only recruitable for the 1st tier barracks.
    This is a big issue as the Cliathari are the only spear unit the irish have and you lose them if you upgrade the barracks.

Not sure if it's intentional but ballista are only recruitable at 1st tier siege works ; catapults only recruitable at 2nd tier.
    Added to my list on top. That's stuff that was there in the original version, keep it coming - once I have finished he 100 Years war I'll attend to those. Fixing too many mods at a time is sure recipe for a mess up.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 10, 2019 at 08:51 PM.

Default Re: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - Steam compatible

How many slots do you have left?

Blog Entries

Plenty slots , looking at Rule Brittania and Kingdom of the Scots after I finish porting the 100 years war mod. You can always check what's new here.

So you are making a new 100 years old? Is this because no one was able to play the mod in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Plenty slots , looking at Rule Brittania and Kingdom of the Scots after I finish porting the 100 years war mod. You can always check what's new here.

Great buddy you are the "Lord of the Mods", I mean it not kidding here..! 100 years mod I did not have a clue don't tell me that one of the heroes is Joan d'Arc..!? Btw is great that after 100 you will go for the RB and KotS so to have a Britannia Medieval campaign. Keep it up you doing great work so to have
    all of those great mods comp with steam.

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    So you are making a new 100 years old? Is this because no one was able to play the mod in the first place?

Pal he does not make new mods he make it mpatible with steam and 100 years war too comp with steam.!

So he is remaking to make it compatible with steam?

Blog Entries

To make it compatible with kingdoms and steam in the case of 100 years.

so how far have you gotten to making 100 years war steam compatable for kingdoms?

Good news : Ive reached 1300 without a single CTD
    Admittedly I'm using the modified kingdoms.exe but even so all good so far.

More stuff :
    (Still playing as Ireland)

Upgrading to Docklands and I lose he ability to build Cogs.

The gunsmith / cannon building tree has been added to the siege works building tree, rather than be a separate line.
    Meaning you have to build all the siege works tree before building the gunsmith.
    (It's a neat way of avoiding having both buildings in the same settlement but it's counter to what happened historically and not how it is in vanilla M2TW)

Dating needs changing, the eg Black Death arrives about 100 years too soon.

Dates for mercenary troops also need revising. eg the Free Company men at arms and longbowmen need changing to start 1350 end 1450. Merc Arquebusiers should start about 1470.

Titles for notifications need fixing - so that leaders aren't automatically assumed to be kings.
    (ie Milan. Kiev, Wales, )
    Last edited by Used2BRoz; July 15, 2019 at 06:26 PM. Reason: added information

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    so how far have you gotten to making 100 years war steam compatable for kingdoms?
    I have been sucked into the 3K vortex for a while (that version is truly amazing in comparison to the last few) but I'll be back onto it by the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Used2BRoz View Post
    Good news : Ive reached 1300 without a single CTD
    Admittedly I'm using the modified kingdoms.exe but even so all good so far.

More stuff :
    (Still playing as Ireland)

Upgrading to Docklands and I lose he ability to build Cogs.

The gunsmith / cannon building tree has been added to the siege works building tree, rather than be a separate line.
    Meaning you have to build all the siege works tree before building the gunsmith.
    (It's a neat way of avoiding having both buildings in the same settlement but it's counter to what happened historically and not how it is in vanilla M2TW)

Dating needs changing, the eg Black Death arrives about 100 years too soon.

Dates for mercenary troops also need revising. eg the Free Company men at arms and longbowmen need changing to start 1350 end 1450. Merc Arquebusiers should start about 1470.

Titles for notifications need fixing - so that leaders aren't automatically assumed to be kings.
    (ie Milan. Kiev, Wales, )
    Adding this to the to do list. I do however have not much of an idea about mercenary start dates, if you could provide more details. Nor for the 'king' notifications, a list of title changes would be welcome. That text can be found in data\text\historic_events: {faction name_KING_EVENT_BODY}

Have completed my Irish campaign.
    No CTDs - but I did auto-resolve a lot of battles to save time.

I'll do a revised mercenaries file, but it'll take a while as I have to check the EDU to see exactly which merc units are in the game.
    I'll prolly use my revised version of the stainless steel desc_mercenaries file as a basis for the revision.

I'll see if I can work out the changes to the titles file once I've done that,

I suspect using a more appropriately sized british isles and ireland might be too much to ask for ?

Blog Entries

I have no issue with correcting obvious errors and any input is welcome - but that's as far as I will go from my side. Redoing\changing stuff like the map would be the scope of a sub mod.

@Gigantus : No probs with not re-doing map, it doesn't affect gameplay.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    You might like to look at Sar1n's revision of builder's sub-mod.
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post14940583

It allows for retraining of obsolete units when buildings are upgraded, but very much reduced availability.
    There's also revisions to EDU and descr_projectiles.

EDIT : NOTE the EDU and EDB are not directly compatible with KGCM 5.0.
    I'll need to redo the v5.0 version by hand, which will take time.
    I'll skip the EDU revisions for now.
    Hopefully the descr_projectile file will work OK.
    -------------------------------------------------

Historically the mod claims to start in 1180 but that's 40-50 years too early for the Mongols and Teutonic Order to have settlements.
    Perhaps we should start mod in 1230 ?

(I didn't notice start date when I made initial comments on Ireland, so those can be disregarded about Viking settlements.
    I'm used to grand campaign starting in 1080 or 1100.)
    Last edited by Used2BRoz; July 21, 2019 at 07:57 PM.

Hello guys, I started with Kingdom of France, but Town Militia can not be recruited in Paris, capital. That is why I am not sure this is bug or not. I am waiting your helps. Thanks...

I am currently playing the older version.

Quote Originally Posted by serkan86 View Post
    Hello guys, I started with Kingdom of France, but Town Militia can not be recruited in Paris, capital. That is why I am not sure this is bug or not. I am waiting your helps. Thanks...
    Yes this is a problem with v5.0 inherited from v4.3 version of mo (maybe even earlier)
    It's a design feature to force the AI to recruit the best units available when buildings are upgraded.
    This applies to all factions.
    I can understand the logic of it but it means you can't recruit cheap units for public order purposes or rebuild obsolete units or rebuild units in settlements with higher level buildings than the ones they were originally recruited in.

I'm going to try and change this so you can at least rebuild units at higher levels but not recruit in any quantity
    This may have to be a sub-mod and will take a while to do and test.
    Last edited by Used2BRoz; July 21, 2019 at 09:34 PM.

Have started a Portugal campaign.
    Not sure why this a non-playable faction.
    Simply moved it from one section of descr_strat to the other. Seems to work fine apart from the faction choice screen it lacks a map.

Other observations - the settlements grow much too quickly for a 2 turns per year mod.
    Don't have time to upgrade buildings before the next level of walls is available.
    That's prolly a settlement mechanics fix.

The Thieves Guild bug is much in evidence.
    There's a fix for that somewhere

other than that Portugal is doing fine.

Hmm, if it is really related to force AI to recruit the best units against us and there is no bug, i ll continue playing in this way, bro.

@serkan86 As you wish It bugs me so I'll change for my use.

Generally the population growth doesn't look like a settlement_mechanics issue but the farming level in descr_regions.
    Many have a value of 6 or 7 which gives very rapid population growth.
    I'll halve the values and see if that helps slow things down.

Seems to have helped but not a lot.
    Changing the values of population required to upgrade settlements might help and using settlement mechanics to boost plague effects and reduce SPF for farming might help as well.
    Last edited by Used2BRoz; July 23, 2019 at 11:03 AM.