Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - Steam compatible

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - Steam compatible

Right, got the files. I'll put them in the correct directories in an installer before uploading. Could you provide me with a short list that points out the changes you made, always gives an incentive for downloading it.

The historical battles are pretty straightforward I swapped out the heroic units no longer in the game for generic bodyguards except for richard/saladin who have their respective hero units, and made sure the battles had the right locations to make the climates correct. The hre in tannenberg is replaced by the teutonic order but otherwise basically has the same army composition.

Setenil DOES NOT WORK so please do not upload that one. I have no clue why it doesn't work, since it seems the location is fine and all the units are in kgcm.

For export_descr_buildings:
    1. Separated the gunsmiths/cannon makers out from the siege makers.
    2. Moved the city wall units from base kgcm up one level so players cannot access those elite units as easily.
    3. Used the kingdoms export_descr_buildings.txt (from britannia, crusades, teutonic) to populate the buildings with units, with minor adjustments. The recruitment rate for each unit grows as you build more advanced buildings. It starts out around the same level as kgcm but grows for each tier of units as you go up a level (e.g. motte and bailey units train slightly faster/have larger pools with the next tier) up to the vanilla growth rate. This means when you fully develop a building the most basic units train at a higher rate than the more advanced units, so you still have an incentive to make the basic ones. Also, after enough building slots, the old units start to gain veterancy due to superior training, further giving you incentive to make them.
    4. Castles now train cavalry and dismounted cavalry units without making stables, like in base medieval 2. Dismounted cavalry units have been moved away from the barracks to the base castle. Stable buildings are used like in the original medieval 2 total war to increase recruitment rate, and at the highest levels unlock elite units. The default Castle recruitment rate is low, and since there is no way to increase the dismounted cavalry training rate, players will only be able to construct these elite units at a limited speed.
    5. For factions with an excess of knights, like France or the HRE, some of these units have been moved to the tournament field to avoid double up unlocking (e.g. unlocking French noble and chivalric knights at the same time) and giving other buildings more variety.
    6. Castles no longer have free garrison units, that function is too overpowered when applied to the high-end castle military.
    7. Like in base kgcm, peasant recruitment rate is kept super low. They are mainly only usable if you want fodder to move a ram or something. This also makes the AI less capable of spamming them.
    *. I suppose I should mention here that there is a chance that my export_descr_unit.txt causes a crash. I rarely have this problem but it does happen. I cannot see the output to see why this happens, or I would fix it. My best guess is there are too many entries in the castle section, as putting those there was when the very rare but still present crashes began. I will see if I can make this go away entirely.

Unrelated to my files:
    The changes I made mostly assume base medieval 2 kingdoms stats which works with almost but not all of the units, due to kgcm modifying the base medieval 2 unit statistics. If you'd like, I could also modify export_descr_unit.txt to create a version with the kingdoms balancing instead of the original kgcm balancing (which is not vanilla)

Blog Entries

Right, got the list - I'll see if can I manage to get the installer out by the weekend.

Blog Entries

Added your patch to the second post.

That's awesome! I also think that with my patch a lot of the quoted bugs are fixed, such as the second comment, third comment, and the first part of the fourth comment mentioning the building lines.

I haven't had any crashes anymore with the export_descr_buildings.txt, so hopefully no one else does either.

Also, I've been trying to add the custom maps from the expansions into the mod. The british isles custom maps port over just fine but the teutonic and crusades expansion maps cause the game to crash whenever I click on custom battles after adding any of them. Is there a reason this might be happening?

Blog Entries

I am not sure what the issue might be, the IWTE guys could have a clue.

Hi from Russia! Your mod is awesom
    I have found in this mod not total game conversion but best minimalistic things that bring new point of view in all game for me. But I need help with some options
    First of all, I don't like garrison script (located: mods\kindoms grand campaign mod\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial campaign ...) but I'm not sure how to modified that file. Do you have clear file without garrison script for 5.0.002 version?
    And second, sistem when old units replaced by new one after some time. When you don't have money but you have to order more expensive unit it's not good idea I think. Can I turn this sistem off by edited some files?
    Sorry if I asked too much. Anyway your mod very intersting!

Reduced garrison script is in the submods thread here https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...Script-for-4-3

Hey by the way,

I got a new computer recently and needed to unpack the base medieval 2 files to avoid a block graphics error with a clean install of this mod (and the version I've been working on too). Not sure if that's needed for anyone else downloading it or why I'd need it but thought I'd let you know.

At this point I'm working on adding the custom battles from the expansions into this mod, and then will probably work on ui bugs / music, unless there's something else urgent that needs fixing.

Delphor, you didn’t think about adding mercenaries to EDB?
    mb tavern?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Delphor View Post
    Hey by the way,

I got a new computer recently and needed to unpack the base medieval 2 files to avoid a block graphics error with a clean install of this mod (and the version I've been working on too). Not sure if that's needed for anyone else downloading it or why I'd need it but thought I'd let you know.

At this point I'm working on adding the custom battles from the expansions into this mod, and then will probably work on ui bugs / music, unless there's something else urgent that needs fixing.
    Unpacking wasn't really required for the block graphic fix - check here.

Thanks for the advice I will be sure to do that next time!

I'm fixing some of the mismatched unit textures and models and I've fixed a bunch (especially for the rebel faction) but it looks like a few have errors beyond my abilities. Units that appear in new dlc factions have errors if they appear in multiple new dlc factions. For example, Merchant Cavalry Militia belong to Wales/Ireland in the British Isles dlc, and the Teutonic order from the Teutonic dlc. I can only fix the appearance for the overlapping units for one dlc. The other unit I am having this problem with is the early generals bodyguard which appears both for Jerusalem/Antioch and Wales/Ireland. I decided to fix the Merchant Cav for the Teutonic Order and the Early Generals Bodyguard for Jerusalem/Antioch to isolate the problems to Wales/Ireland, but do not know nearly enough about unit model editing to fix it for those factions. Is there some easy way to fix this problem?

Blog Entries

There are two steps (ignoring the EDB stuff here) to make a unit accessible to multiple factions, eg merging it once you have decided which one forms the base:

1. Add ownership in EDU
    2. Add faction textures in modelDB

The latter can be a bit tricky if you are not familiar with the way that file works. Check this tutorial for more details.

I already added their ownership in modeldb and export_descr_unit. The problem is the attachment sets won't map the textures properly onto the models if the same unit appears in multiple dlcs because the unit models are different in each dlc I believe. So the attachment sets only map to their respective dlc.

Blog Entries

That would appear fairly logical that textures only match if the models are identical in that aspect. Usually that's case within the main game but DLC models may be different. You could ascertain that by unpacking the DLC in question and checking if the model is present. It's presence would mean that while the name is the same the model will have differences. You would then need to transfer it's texture details onto the files of the model you are using - not an easy undertaking. Alternatively 'clone' the unit's EDU entry and use the other model for the factions in question. A slight change in the data name will be required, but the actual text can simply be copied. You obviously will need to have space in the EDU (500 units max) to do that. It's basically the 'adding a unit from another mod' principle.

Я запускал сражения в DLC, чтобы увидеть модели knights_hospitaller_ug1 или knights_templar_ug1. После вашего сообщения я начал надеяться ,что они существуют))) в 2007-09 я делал шкуры для таких случаев
    https://ibb.co/bPhsh9W
    https://ibb.co/PgfbVSq

Hey guys,
    Absolutely love this mod, and just downloaded the latest version that's compatible with Steam.
    The game works, but I can't seem to get the "no garrison" script to work as it did with the 4.3 version.

I pasted the "descr_character.rar" into the mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign folder, but I'm still getting annoying garrisons everytime I try to take a new settlement.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get the no garrison script to work?

Thanks again for all your amazing work on this mod!

EDIT: Apologies, I found the fix (posting incase anyone else runs into this problem.)
    You need to replace the campaign script , rather than the descr_character one (the file which you want to replace the original campaign script with, to disable garrisons is here: campaign_script.txt
    Last edited by KillThatPenguin; August 21, 2021 at 07:19 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DepBlasphemous View Post
    I ran DLC battles to see knights_hospitaller_ug1 or knights_templar_ug1 models. After your message, I started to hope that they exist))) in 2007-09 I made skins for such cases
    https://ibb.co/bPhsh9W
    https://ibb.co/PgfbVSq
    Hospitaller Knights can be recruited in the St.Johns chapter house which works like a guild, meaning that yo have to earn it through specific actions before you can construct it. Sargeants, bowmen etc get recruited through the regular buildings. You are welcome to post a link to your skins for this unit.

Quote Originally Posted by KillThatPenguin View Post
    I found the fix (posting incase anyone else runs into this problem.)
    You need to replace the campaign script , rather than the descr_character one (the file which you want to replace the original campaign script with, to disable garrisons is here: campaign_script.txt
    Yup, the script has the stuff for the garrisons - it's usually referred to as 'the garrison script' for that reason. descr_characters governs stuff about the models used on the strategic map.

I'm still working on a big bugfix patch for the mod, but wanted to thank you for all the help so far it's been fantastic.