Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - Steam compatible

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - Steam compatible

The allocation of these textures is done in the data\descr_aerial_map_ground_types.txt file. It's the 'cultivated' texture entries in the various climate sections.

If you want to change it you will need to make sure that it is either to a default texture or that the custom texture is present in the data\terrain\aerial_map\ground_types directory of the mod.

Another way would be to simply rename the txt file which then would revert to the default textures.
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 04, 2021 at 01:13 AM.

That worked out great! Thank you so much. Whenever I have time I'll probably go into export_descr_building and fix the recruitment pools, since they're still broken for a lot of the factions especially at higher levels.

Blog Entries

Glad you got it working out. Looking forward to your 'pool' efforts.

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

Could you share this file you edited with us, here, Delphor? Thank you

I installed this version is redirecting me on Steam. I do not have M2TW on steam and I do not want to buy because is way to expensive. Tried with another mod as well, and redirected me on steam. Basically now these mods are unplayable without steam edition? I used to play a few mods on M2TW few years ago had no problem.

Blog Entries

During installation the installer will look up your registry and install the mod accordingly, be it disk or steam.
    The BAT file linked to the desktop shortcut then checks if you have the kingdoms executable file (disk version only) and\or the medieval2 executable (steam only has this executable) and then starts the game by calling the applicable executable.

It actually beats me how Steam would be called if you have the disk version installed (even with steam installed otherwise) - never had that issue myself before converting to Steam as my CD showed signs of wear. Maybe a faulty registry issue that redirects to Steam?

Which reminds me: if you have your disk installation code then you can redeem the Steam version free of cost inclusive of the kingdom campaigns.

Not to be an ass, but do you actually have the disk version of medieval 2 total war installed? Because no legal mod will work without the original game already installed.
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 20, 2021 at 06:26 AM.

Makes sense! Even though the game is great it could always be improved to make the mod better. Once I am done with creating the patched version for bare geomod valy9002, you should try the mod along with the my latest patched version.

I'm still working on fixing export_descr_buildings (wasn't able to start until recently). Should I assume that certain things like removing militia units being recruitable from constructing city walls was intentional, and they should be left out?

e.g. in kingdoms you could recruit town militia from having wooden walls but not in kgcm.

Similarly, you can recruit certain elite units from having advanced walls; should I leave those out of the buildings they would normally come from?

Blog Entries

I suppose this was intentional, but I don't see an issue to move those recruit pools to the buildings that normally provide those units.

Alright. I'm gonna use my discretion a bit but all the units will be recruitable at appropriate rates and certainly they won't become unrecruitable as the city levels up.

Hey,

I'm just about done with export_descr_buildings, and will give it to you when done. However, while looking at the vanilla export_descr_buildings, I noticed something strange especially with castles. There would be "phantom units" listed in the following format:

recruit_pool "Levy Spearmen" 0 0.000001 0.999 0 requires factions { england, }

This confuses me, because at the rate of recharge it will take light years before it ever reaches a single unit, let alone more. Is there some other reason to include this type of entry? If not, I'm going to skip adding those to the mod.

Also, Unrelated to export_descr_unit, how do I change the voice pack used for a faction? For example, I'd rather have Antioch and Jerusalem use the French and British voice lines from the expansion than the German and Middle Eastern voice packs they have now.

Thanks, and almost done.

Blog Entries

No clue about the recruit pool entry - it normally is used with a regular replenishment rate and the 'retrain' only pool total.

You can change the accent of a faction in descr_sounds_accents by simply moving the faction entry accordingly, then delete the two events files in the mod's data\sound directory for the change to take effect.

Hey,

Now that I'm done with export_descr_buildings.txt how do you want me to get it to you?

Also, I took the liberty of moving the gunsmith tech tree out of the siege tech tree, so it's a separate building tree now.

Also also, I may be losing my mind because since editing export_descr_buildings.txt, my game is sometimes crashing when I try to open it and sometimes isn't, even if I don't change the files. Hopefully the length isn't a problem or something.

Blog Entries

You could try to use the EDB validator to see if it picks up some issues.

There was one issue where I had a faction name too close to a bracket like "poland,}" instead of "poland, }" and I fixed that, so hopefully no more errors. How should I give you the file? I'm not super familiar with this website or how to send them.

Also, I'm not sure if this is a good place to ask this, but do you know of a good program to edit .tga files with and maintain transparency?

Also also, I made most of the historical battles compatible with kgcm if you want those too.

Blog Entries

Best way to link files is to compress them (7Zip is freeware) and then upload them to a service like mediafire, then copy that link here.

For TGA graphics I use the GIMP, it's freeware. Transparency with TGA files does not work in UI stuff, it requires work around like using the UI background instead. Works that way for event pictures and ancillary pics and those little icons in settlement display. How to maintain transparency in portraits is described here.

I hope I'm doing this right since I have never used MediaFire before. Here is the link to the file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/m3jkg...nished.7z/file

The export_descr_buildings.txt should be correct for the vanilla kgcm I downloaded. Also all of the historical battles included should work now except for sentinel (I have no idea why it doesn't work), and I even replaced the hre with the teutonic order in tannenberg since the order is available with this mod.

Also, when it comes to the tga files, the new UI files used in kgcm for example maintain transparency despite being edited from their vanilla state. I wanted to do things like restore the original piety icon or edit unit portraits, and needed tga transparency for that.

Also, there shouldn't be any problems, if there are any issues with export_descr_buildings they are most likely in the Castle section, as editing that was when I first started randomly getting random crashes (though I looked through it and didn't find anything wrong).