Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - Steam compatible

Default Re: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - Steam compatible

thanks for your release Gigantus and fixes, i tought "did he fix those shields on whales knights and ireland cav that i did not make to fix in previous release long time ago" and i checked and i said meh it's the same so units that have glitch on shields are: wales - mailed knights and gen cav, ireland - merchant cav militia, not a big deal at all but who likes those glitches... thanks for your release again bb

Hello!

Is there a way to keep "Americas" literally in the dark, like in the vanilla map? I would like to play the mod with accuracy regarding the New World. Thank you.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

There is a file in data\world\maps\base - map_fog.tga
    Paint the approximate part of it black (RGB 0,0,0) and then delete map.rwm

Thank you!!!

Hi everyone,
    Firstly i wanted to thank @Gigantus for the awesome work he did in bringing this mod to Steam. KGCM is one of my favourites mod for Medieval 2 and i'm happy that now is really easy to install for everyone.

While i love KGCM it also has some flaws, mainly in the unit recruitment pool, in the form of missing units from the Vanilla game. In some cases there are some early or militia type units missing, in other cases there are some factions that lost good chunk of their original roster (hre, france, byzantium and sicily are the worst offenders here). What i did was trying to add all this units back in. In doing so i tried to stick as closely as possible to how the creator of KGCM originally designed the unit recruitment, using the vanilla recruitment sheet for reference everytime i needed it.
    I also tried to fix some weird recruitment stuff that, to me, seemed like straight up mistakes, like centerpiece units of some factions being lost when upgrading the relative recruitment building (Norman Knights for Sicily being available from Baron Stables only is an example). It wasn't my main focus though, as i wanted to fix the missing unit problem first and foremost, and i might left behind something in this regard.

In the spoiler below there is a list of all the added missing units for each faction and were to recruit them as well as other recruitment changes:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    General:
    -Feudal Knights added to Earl's Stables and King's Stable for all faction that could previously train them
    (Dismounted Feudal are recruitable from drill square up to armoury, i don't understand why the cavalry variant was limited to Baron Stables only.)
    -Fixed Citadel not having the same recruitment pool as Castle and Fortress (basically you were loosing out on units by upgrading from Fortress to Citadel...)

Byzantium:
    -Skythicon (Stables/Knight's Stables)
    -Pronoia Infantry (City Watch up to Royal Armoury)
    -Kataphractoi (Earl's Stables/King's Stables)
    -Byzantine Cavalry moved to Knights Stables/Baron Stables (to justify Skythicon addition)
    -Archontopoulai moved to King's Stables (to justify Kataphractoi addition)
    -Latinkon added to Earl Stables and King's Stables

Kingdom of Jerusalem:
    -Mounted Sergeants (Stables/Knight's Stables)
    -Templar Confrere Knights (Knight's Stables/Baron Stables)

Principality of Antioch:
    -Turkopoles (Stables/Knight's Stables)
    -Mounted Sergeants (Stables/Knight's Stables)

Moors:
    -Nubian Spearmen (Garrison Quarters/ Drill Square)
    -Desert Cavalry (Stables/Sheikh's Stables)

Egypt:
    -Nubian Spearmen (Garrison Quarters/ Drill Square)
    -Khasseki infantry (Militia Drill Square up to Royal Barracks)
    -al-'Ashair infantry (Town Watch/Town Guard)
    -Halberd Militia (Master Masons' Guild/Masons' Guild Headquarters)

Turks:
    -Kurdish Auxiliaries (City Watch up to Royal Barracks)
    -Turkish Javelinmen (Garrison Quarters up to Armoury)
    -Halberd Militia (Master Masons' Guild/Masons' Guild Headquarters)

England:
    -Heavy Bill Militia (Militia Drill Square up to Royal Armoury)
    -Billmen (Drill Square up to Armoury)
    -Heavy Billmen (Barracks/Armoury)

Scotland:
    -Scots Pike Militia (City Watch up to Royal Armoury)

Norway:
    -Dismounted Chivalric Knights (Barracks/Armoury)

Denmark:
    -Dismounted Feudal Knights (Drill Square up to Armoury)
    -Removed Gotland Footmen from roster (Even though Denmark can get them in Teuto campaign after the Kalmar Union, i decided
    to remove them here to make Denmark and Norway more unique)

Lithuania:
    -Sudovian Tribesmen (City Watch up to Royal Armoury)

Novgorod & Kiev:
    -Druzhina added to Earl's Stables and King's Stables (continuity with Dismounted version)

Poland:
    -Polish Retainers (Knight's Stables up to King's Stables)
    -Hussars (Earl's Stables/King's Stables)

HRE:
    -Halberd Militia (Militia Drill Square up to Royal Armoury)
    -Imperial Knights (Citadel and Earl's Stables/King's Stables)
    -Dismounted Imperial Knights (Citadel and Barracks/Armoury)
    -Reiters (Marksman's Range)
    -Zwei Hander (Barracks/Armoury)

Hungary:
    -Hussars (Earl's Stables/King's Stables)
    -Slav Levies (Garrison Quarters)

France:
    -Voulge Militia (Militia Drill Square up to Royal Armoury)
    -Gendarmes (Royal Officer's Academy)
    -Aventurier (Marksman's Range)
    -Lancers (King's Stables)
    -Voulgier (Barracks/Armoury)

Spain:
    -Gendarmes (Royal Officer's Academy)
    -Sword and Buckler Men (Armoury)

Sicily:
    -Halberd Militia
    -Sword and Buckler Men (Armoury)
    -Chivalric Knights (Castle up to Citadel and Earl's Stables/King's Stables)
    -Norman Knights are now recruitable from both Earl's Stables and King's Stables

Milan:
    -Men At Arms (Earl's Stables/King's Stables)
    -Dismounted Men At Arms (Barracks/Armoury)
    -Broken Lances (Earl's Stables/King's Stables)
    -Famiglia Ducale removed from Earl's Stables. Replenishment and Recruitment limit increased in Huge Stone Wall. (making room for Broken Lance)

Venice:
    -Stradiots (King's Stables)

Papal States:
    -Pike Militia (Militia Drill Square)

I did this to try and flesh out the mod even more and i thought that maybe other people here could find my work usefull.

I hope it helped.

How to use this file:
    -Download the attachment below
    -Make a copy of the export_descr_buildings.txt file located in Medieval II Total War\mods\kgcm\data in case anything goes wrong
    -Copy the file downloaded into Medieval II Total War\mods\kgcm\data folder and overwrite if asked.
    -Play
    Attached Files Attached Files

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

Nice work RobyGon +rep

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RobyGon View Post
    While i love KGCM it also has some flaws, mainly in the unit recruitment pool, in the form of missing units from the Vanilla game. In some cases there are some early or militia type units missing, in other cases there are some factions that lost good chunk of their original roster (hre, france, byzantium and sicily are the worst offenders here). What i did was trying to add all this units back in.
    Thanks for all the dedicated work! I have linked this in the patch post.

Thanks to you to both. If people notice other units missing from the vanilla M2TW campaign that i forgot, let me know.

Hi , French archers, dismounted Feudal Nights for Dänemark and norwegian dismounted chivalric Knights are missing. Can you please insert it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kartoffeldepp View Post
    Hi , French archers, dismounted Feudal Nights for Dänemark and norwegian dismounted chivalric Knights are missing. Can you please insert it?
    Hi Kartoffeldepp, the units you are referring to were not recruitable in the vanilla Medieval 2 campaign (or Kingdoms when talking about Norway) but they were only available in custom battles, so i decided to not include them in KGCM as well.

Hi. Somehow i cant load my save after 30-40 turns. When i try to load a save, it would crash at loading screen(it happens with quick change of the loading screen pic and loading quote disappears,then it says "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit." and crash).
    I already did reinstall (2 times). Can you help me? Thanks for great mod.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

I am afraid I can't help you there - the log only confirms that it is a loading screen crash but does not show the cause. It's possible (although very rare) that the save became corrupted. Which means you will have to start a new game.

Do make it a habit to save manually every now (incremental saves) and then and don't totally rely on the auto save function.

Hi i play as Milan. Genuese Crossbowman are not recruitable in the Fortress ... In the city too. can you pls fix that ?

PS. in Archery Range from Venice and Milan, Pavise Crossbowman are listet, but not recruitable .

sry , my last post are irrelevant^^ i played an older version with builders submod

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I am afraid I can't help you there - the log only confirms that it is a loading screen crash but does not show the cause. It's possible (although very rare) that the save became corrupted. Which means you will have to start a new game.

Do make it a habit to save manually every now (incremental saves) and then and don't totally rely on the auto save function.

Thats sad because its already second time....wonder if there is someone who has same problem.

Half of the factions don't have victory conditions So they are unplayable. Does anyone know a fix?

Blog Entries

How do you mean 'unplayable? Technically you should get a 'xyz faction has won' message at the start of the game if that is the case. Even then you can simply choose to continue.

But it's a simple edit in the descr_win_conditions file in the data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign directory: simply copy the section of one faction and replace the faction name.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    How do you mean 'unplayable? Technically you should get a 'xyz faction has won' message at the start of the game if that is the case. Even then you can simply choose to continue.

But it's a simple edit in the descr_win_conditions file in the data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign directory: simply copy the section of one faction and replace the faction name.

Oh they are playable but their victory conditions aren't written on the select screen. So when I try to select Venice, Byzantines, and half of other factions I just get a blank box so I don't know what the conditions are. But they are playable other than that.

use the geomod tool. it shoud help you out.

I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but when I build farms the farm texture does not show up anywhere in the campaign map. I've replicated this using different factions in different territories. Is there any way to return the farm texture to the campaign map when I build farms, like in vanilla?