Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - Steam compatible

Default Re: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - Steam compatible

worked fine yesterday, been playing since; id email it if the link broke somehow?

thanks @gigantus

or gigantus lol

Artifex
    Patrician

I played it a bit, and I get crashes during battles every now and then. Usually reload works, so it's not too bad, but in my most recent campaign the same battle (sally out during siege of Budapest) keeps crashing, so I can't progress (other than by doing autoresolve).

Is there any way I can debug such issues? It's just fresh Steam installation with this mod and nothing else.

(There's also crashes in the menu if I click different factions a lot, but these I can just ignore.)

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rayan View Post
    Hi there, when I click the download link I just get a blank page. Is the link broken or could it be something my end?
    The link in the OP directs you to TWC's download section where the actual download link is - and that one leads to mediafire.

Just checked and it works, could have been a temporary glitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorlaan View Post
    I don't know about other factions, but when i upgraded my infantry building as Scotland it no longer included older unit types, so I lost the ability to train or retrain them, and with only 1 available of the new type...well it basically ended the game.
    It does seem as though other buildings may also lose older unit types when upgraded.
    This can't be intentional?
    I'll have a look at continuity of recruiting, added it to my to-do list.

zercopiteco's Avatar Libertus

Do I need to have the previous versions of the KGCM ??

Blog Entries

No, this is a completely new\fresh Installation - it also installs into a different mod folder, meaning it will not interfere with a previous installation.

zercopiteco's Avatar Libertus

1) For some reason, Norway cannot recruit all the units it has in custom battles.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	574.8 KB 
ID:	359296

2) The recruitment system is bad , it's not like the vanilla. Replenishment of units in buildings is slow example:

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	145.9 KB 
ID:	359298
    I'll see if I have some time to modify the export_descr_buildings.

3) The construction times of some buildings are really long and very expensive compared to vanilla

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	584.8 KB 
ID:	359297

After that the mod is very very good and I had no problem
    Last edited by zercopiteco; August 21, 2019 at 05:41 PM.

Blog Entries

The recruitment in general appears to be inconsistent if you look at the list in post #2. Would be great if you found time to address this issue.

Hi everyone!
    While playing Norway game never offered to build Assassins guild even after I hired a lot of assassins. ( Have several towns without any guilds )
    And its really annoying to be unable to hire old units in new (upgraded) barracks.
    And is it okay that every enemy settlement generates full stack army once I seige it? Is it garrison script? How can I change it?

Default Re: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - steam compatible

Ribaults have texture issues, rebault crewmen seem to have gold textures

Default Re: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - steam compatible

I think there should be separate export_descr_buildings.txt that is more vanilla like to download. For example to be able to recruit all units from the faction instead of having elite only units to recruit.

You're welcome to use and amend the files attached.
    It includes a revised EDB, descr_mercenaries, settlement_mechanics, descr_regions among others which should help slow down settlement growth and make the recruitment more logical.
    Didn't finish the EDB - and you may not like some of the changes I made either (Crossbows now are made in ballista buildings.
    Gunpowder artillery can be built without demolishing stone throwing weapons etc. Removed recruitable GBs as the AI abuses them.)

Had to abandon this as RL intervened - and tbh I got to the point of thinking modding this is pointless anyway
    due to the shoehorning of 4 sub-campaigns into the grand campaign each of which has a totally different start date.

data.7z

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

Hello . I just wanted to inform everyone that the submod Heroes, Hordes and Beyond won't work with this version, but with version 4.2 . Just tested it . Please, if there is someone else who did the same test and got different results, please post here .

LordKasten's Avatar Laetus

I used to love this mod, then after using it for some time It suddenly changed and became completely unplayable because of bugs.
    I tried to work it out but I'm no expert in this stuff and just couldn't, I tried it more than a couple of times over a couple of years, so I kinda never gave up but never got to fix it.
    I just came across this newest update, so I will give it another try. I'm sooo hoping it will work for me.
    Thanks so much for your work!!!! If it works you'll just have made me the happiest person alive.

Hello everyone! Mod is great i have added the knight jeddi submod with the fix and it works fine. However, when I try to load a saved game( I was Republic of Venice) it would crash when I trying to load the saved game. Idk why!

14:58:00.074 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    14:58:00.074 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    14:58:00.078 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    14:58:00.078 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    14:58:00.079 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    14:58:00.080 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    14:58:00.081 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    14:58:00.081 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    14:58:07.179 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongol Empire, citadel -> city, castle_smith[5](c_gothic_armourer) -> smith[5](gothic_armourer)
    14:58:07.180 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Ayyubid Dynasty, citadel -> city, castle_smith[5](c_gothic_armourer) -> smith[5](gothic_armourer)
    14:58:07.180 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Seljuk Sultanate, citadel -> city, castle_smith[5](c_gothic_armourer) -> smith[5](gothic_armourer)
    14:58:07.181 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Moorish Caliphate, citadel -> city, castle_smith[5](c_gothic_armourer) -> smith[5](gothic_armourer)
    14:58:07.181 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Byzantine Empire, citadel -> city, castle_smith[5](c_gothic_armourer) -> smith[5](gothic_armourer)
    14:58:07.181 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, village -> motte_and_bailey, core_building[0](wooden_pallisade) -> core_castle_building[1](wooden_castle)
    14:58:07.181 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, town -> wooden_castle, core_building[0](wooden_pallisade) -> core_castle_building[1](wooden_castle)
    14:58:07.181 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, town -> wooden_castle, hinterland_roads[0](roads) -> hinterland_castle_roads[0](c_roads)
    14:58:07.181 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, large_town -> castle, core_building[0](wooden_pallisade) -> core_castle_building[1](wooden_castle)
    14:58:07.181 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, large_town -> castle, core_building[1](wooden_wall) -> core_castle_building[2](castle)
    14:58:07.181 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, large_town -> castle, port[0](port) -> castle_port[0](c_port)
    14:58:07.182 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, large_town -> castle, hinterland_roads[0](roads) -> hinterland_castle_roads[0](c_roads)
    14:58:07.182 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Aztecs, large_town -> castle, hinterland_mines[0](mines) -> hinterland_castle_mines[0](c_mines)
    14:58:07.182 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Timurids, citadel -> city, castle_smith[5](c_gothic_armourer) -> smith[5](gothic_armourer)
    14:58:25.109 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Would anyone know how I can fix this problem? Please let me know at your earliest conveneince.

Blog Entries

Set your log to trace by opening the mod's CFG file with Notepad then make sure the log section looks like below. That will generate a large, detailed log which you then compress (7Zip is freeware) and upload.

Code:
    [log] 
    to = system.log.txt                    # path and name of log
    level = * trace                        # detailed log
    #level = * error                    # basic log

How do I compress the log file when using 7Zip?

Urien's Avatar Tiro

Firstly I'd like to thank Scarface for putting this mod together and secondly Gigantus for making it available to a wider audience of players at Steam.

I'm playing as Welsh and have taken Castle Town and allied with Irish and Scots to repel the English menace, much to the Popes' chagrin.
    I plan to besiege Dublin and win it for the Welsh or my Irish friends.

My armies lay wait outside Dublin, garrisoned by a mere 500 odd English. My navy blockade the port. My scouts report no English reinforcements in the area and a large Irish army moving up from the south. One turn away.
    I besiege Dublin with my 600 welsh warriors, their King as leader.

I get taken to the pre- battle screen, where i order a ram, and two ladders. A one turn siege.
    Before i even hit next turn Dublin is full of English. Like Full stack. WTF did they come from?

I get back on my boat and go home to SS.

I know weird things happen in M2TW, but sheez, like three turns in?

Virian's Avatar Civis

This is normal and meant to stop players from pretty much curbstomping the AI (who needs the help badly). By itself it wouldn't be so bad if the troops spawned made sense and they got mercenaries or some cheap/ city units or at least stuff that's recruitable in the besieged settlement.

If it was any of that I'd be praising the system but instead it's bloody infuriating that after you had like 3 fights against the enemy AI your army is in shambles and your reinforcements which are a turn away are little better than peasants. Then the previously 100 strong peasant garrison turned into a 1k+ garrison full of elites when you have a quarter stack left of semi professional troops after your armies had been brutalized.

A way I've seen to avoid this is to have some enemy stack in the vicinity of the settlement but not close enough to actually help.