Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - Steam compatible

Default Re: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - Steam compatible

Noticed some bugs. Magnelwyr do not have the correct firing sound of gunmen. I suspect Calivermen, Mounted Calivermen, Lithuanian Arquebusiers, and Spanish Dragoons may also not have the correct firing sound. I tried to fix it myself, but the game kept crashing, and I was forced to do a fresh install even after attempting to use my backup files. So I'll just live with it for now.

Horseboys have a shield value of 6, yet they have no shield. In my personal copy I've nerfed them.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Any change in the script or the map files is not save game compatible.

RECRUITMENT - POWER CENTRES: never a good idea to use 'condition' monitors in a script unless absolutely necessary. They get tested about 5 times per second and put a lot of strain on turn end processing, eg they extend the time it takes for the end turn to execute.
    Here is a simple monitor that will set the 'holds_jerusalem' counter to 1 when the jerusalem faction holds the jerusalem settlement and it also sets the counter to zero if that is not the case. There is no need to test for the prior state of the counter nor if jerusalem is still alive via settlement count.
    Code:
    monitor_event SettlementTurnEnd
        if I_SettlementOwner Jerusalem = jerusalem
            set_event_counter holds_jerusalem 1
        end_if
        if not I_SettlementOwner Jerusalem = jerusalem
            set_event_counter holds_jerusalem 0
        end_if
    end_monitor

Some visual bugs this time. Zwei Handers (HRE and Milan), Forlorn Hope, and Dismounted Gothic Knights are missing their swords.

@Gigantus. Thanks for that code and the explanation. I'm going to have to see what M2TW scripting tutorials are out there.

Blog Entries

You're always welcome to ask questions in the 'text' workshop.

Did a little testing and discovered the 2h Swords disappear after installing Delphor's patch. I am on Mac if that is the issue. Will try to find 'sword file.'

Happy to report that the invisible 2h problem was fixed by copying over the mesh files for the 2h units in the 5.0 KGCM to Delphor's Patch.

I still don't know why I can't modify the unit firing sounds without permanently crashing every time I mess with the events.idx (I read it should be deleted to regenerate the new sounds after modifying the descr_sounds_units_fire.txt). Maybe on a fresh install the events.idx won't be generated yet? Anyway, I'll try to figure that out at a later point.

Pronoia Infantry for Byzantine Empire has incorrect shield texture. Idk if it's helpful for me to post the bugs I see, or if it's annoying. I'll try to figure out how to fix this one, too.

Blog Entries

Depending on the change you may need to first unpack the sound files in the data\sounds folder. If you only do a change in the text files like replacing a sound with an existing sound then only events DAT\IDX files need to be deleted.

Please describe how you have been proceeding to change the sound other then editing descr_sounds_units_fire.txt (provide a copy of the changed section)

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Watchful48 View Post
    Pronoia Infantry for Byzantine Empire has incorrect shield texture. Idk if it's helpful for me to post the bugs I see, or if it's annoying. I'll try to figure out how to fix this one, too.
    Actually, many units have problems with their shield textures. Check for example, Wales and Ireland. It also happens in other vanilla-like mods and i don't understand why. I tried to solve that issue, but even with textures that are directly copied from vanilla folders, the issue still exists.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyroman View Post
    Actually, many units have problems with their shield textures. Check for example, Wales and Ireland. It also happens in other vanilla-like mods and i don't understand why. I tried to solve that issue, but even with textures that are directly copied from vanilla folders, the issue still exists.

I think it has to do something with the original creator of kgcm using mesh files from the kingdoms expansions for the units. I tried to fix this and eventually did, but apparently whatever I uploaded before doesn't work. The newest version I am working on is updated and has none of the issues on my end.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphor View Post
    I think it has to do something with the original creator of kgcm using mesh files from the kingdoms expansions for the units. I tried to fix this and eventually did, but apparently whatever I uploaded before doesn't work. The newest version I am working on is updated and has none of the issues on my end.
    That's nice to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Please describe how you have been proceeding to change the sound other then editing descr_sounds_units_fire.txt (provide a copy of the changed section)

The only changes I've made were in the descr_sounds_units_fire.txt (adding the unit type in the section for gunpowder), and the export_descr_unit.txt (making sure the "gunmen" attribute is added, but that's probably just to help the ai use them?). I just recently installed Wine on my Mac, and forgot that I can probably unpack the pack files now. I'm sure that's why I'm crashing when the audio files get rebuilt, since plenty seemed to be missing last time I tried.

@Delphor. Can't wait to see the update whenever it is released.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyroman View Post
    That's nice to hear.
    I will say there will still be one or two errors I can't fix. I think they might be on the mailed knights/general's unit for ireland and wales (like you mentioned) but everything else should be okay.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Watchful48 View Post
    The only changes I've made were in the descr_sounds_units_fire.txt (adding the unit type in the section for gunpowder), and the export_descr_unit.txt (making sure the "gunmen" attribute is added, but that's probably just to help the ai use them?). I just recently installed Wine on my Mac, and forgot that I can probably unpack the pack files now. I'm sure that's why I'm crashing when the audio files get rebuilt, since plenty seemed to be missing last time I tried.
    The attribute has no effect on sounds.

Saving a file in an Mac environment has it's hazards, like changing the EOL format of a txt file. Please upload that txt file and state the line number so I can have a look. Did you delete the two events files in data\sounds to enable the change?

As I mentioned: you would need to unpack KGCM's sound files before you can rebuild them.
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 03, 2022 at 10:10 PM.

How do I do this so that at the start of the campaign holds_x is set to 1? E.g. I have: declare_counter holds_genoa
    set_event_counter holds_genoa 1
    at the beginning of my file to set holds_genoa to 1 by default, but it doesn't seem to work until I end my turn.

Blog Entries

It doesn't work because you are setting an event counter and not the regular counter:

event:
    declare_event_counter holds_genoa
    set_event_counter holds_genoa 1 <-- that's what you added

regular:
    declare_counter holds_genoa <-- that's what you have
    I_CompareCounter holds_genoa [token and value] <-- the conditional test for it, somewhere in the script
    set_counter holds_genoa 1 <-- that's what you need to set the value

In case anyone is wondering, I've made a very large number of changes/improvements/fixes over the past few months, and have integrated all patches into the newest update. I am now working on the slow process of some balance fixes, so should release what I have at some point in the not too distant future. It should replace all previous patches, and is the only thing you'll need to install besides the base mod. If anyone has any last minute suggestions please let me know. It's at the point where I'd consider integrating it into the base install as a new version, depending on the requirements for that.

Blog Entries

Looking forward to the patch. I suppose you have a list of the changes then so we get an idea?

I can put everything (5.002, RobyGon's fix, your latest update) into a new full installer - do let me know if you include RobyGon's fix (or even an updated version) as well so that there is no confusion.
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 20, 2023 at 08:18 AM.

I think RobyGon's patch isn't compatible with Delphor's fixes, maybe I'm wrong though.