Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - Steam compatible

Default Re: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - Steam compatible

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    An executable file is the best way to guarantee a flawless installation, in this case it actually looks up your game's registry entry and adjusts the installation path accordingly - may I know what your issue is with the executable?
    It's just less safe downloading 3rd party stuff that are "exe" type instead of an archive or something, in this case Windows is freaking out every time I try to run any of the exe files related to this mod. I don't know how this mod works but isn't it enough to just be put in the "mods" folder in your installation directory of the game and that's it ?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

In theory it sounds easy. If you know your way around a computer and how to uncompress a RAR\ZIP file and how to create desktop shortcuts. You'll be amazed how many users require a lengthy video to get that right eventually. Try asking around how many actually know how to find the 'mods' directory.

Apart from that: windows will always caution you (see pic at bottom, from different installer) if you try to install from an executable file that isn't signed by a registered company. That's all it is: a caution. Simply click 'show details' and 'run anyway'. If you don't trust your own AV to take care of actual threats that might arise while accessing any of the downloaded files during installation then I can't really help you, because using compressed files doesn't change the underlying issue:
    The same approach will happen if you uncompress the files: your AV will check every single one of the files you uncompress. All you are achieving is skipping is a simple caution for the price of doing everything yourself and a reasonable chance to get it wrong. Starting with uncompressing issues caused by faulty downloads.

If you are interested on how the installer works have a look at my guide.

Last edited by Gigantus; May 14, 2022 at 12:51 AM.

In theory it sounds easy. If you know your way around a computer and how to uncompress a RAR\ZIP file and how to create desktop shortcuts. You'll be amazed how many users require a lengthy video to get that right eventually. Try asking around how many actually know how to find the 'mods' directory.

Apart from that: windows will always caution you if you try to install from an executable file that isn't signed by a registered company. That's all it is: a caution. Simply click 'show details' and 'run anyway'. If you don't trust your own AV to take care of actual threats that might arise while accessing any of the downloaded files during installation then I can't really help you, because using compressed files doesn't change the underlying issue:
    The same approach will happen if you uncompress the files: your AV will check every single one of the files you uncompress. All you are achieving is skipping is a simple caution for the price of doing everything yourself and a reasonable chance to get it wrong. Starting with uncompressing issues caused by faulty downloads.

If you are interested on how the installer works have a look at my guide.
    Thanks!

Blog Entries

I added the defender pics later, don't know if it you saw them.

kapiszon10's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Delphor View Post
    Hey I fixed that bug. I put it all in one new 7z so other people wouldn't have as many issues putting it together.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/t9nxy...CM_5.1.7z/file
    This should be pinned at the main post.

Great job and thank you Delphor!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by second post (patches and other stuff)

I noticed in kapiszon10 comment that he quoted Delphor's last compilation which is from September 2021, but in the Update post the Optional patch is from July 2021. Maybe kapiszon10 meant that the Optional patch installer in the Update post wasn't the last version of Delphor's compilation? I'm confused which one I should install.

Blog Entries

Good catch - I'll see that I update the optional patch asap.

You can use the older one in the meantime, I am however not sure if the new one will be save game compatible.

Edit: the update is 300MB as compared to the initial 15MB, it may take a little time.

Edit2: the September patch by Delphor is now available as installer in the second post. The size is bigger then his 7zip file - the installer does not compress as much. The files are 'as is' by Delphor.

KGCM Delphor patch (472MB) by Delphor
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 25, 2022 at 03:30 AM.

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

After applied patch from Delphor and tested i found that Milan no longer have Genoese crossbowman and Genoese crossbowman militia, checked files i also found out that those units have this requirement: event_counter holds_genoa 1 which I don't know how to get since Genoa is mine since beginning

Should i try RobyGon fix?
    Edit3: Okay i tried and the game CTD right away
    look like RobyGon fix not compatible with Delphor's patch
    Edit4:
    I checked campaign_script file and found that Genoa and Milan never appear in counter_event for those unit
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

;------------------- RECRUITMENT - POWER CENTRES -------------------;

;Must hold power centres to recruit key units

;Jerusalem - Knights of Jerusalem, Dismounted Knights Of Jerusalem
    ;Krak de Chev - Hospitaller Sergeant, Hospitaller Crossbowmen, Hospitaller Gunner
    ;Cairo - Sibyan al Khass, Khassaki
    ;Baghdad - Hasham, Dismounted Hasham
    ;Constantinople - Archontopoulai, Greek Firethrower
    ;Genoa, Milan - Genoese Crossbowmen, Genoese Crossbow Militia

;Detect if settlement has been lost
    ;Decrement event counter

monitor_conditions not I_SettlementOwner Jerusalem = jerusalem
    and I_EventCounter holds_jerusalem == 1
    and I_NumberOfSettlements jerusalem > 0
    set_event_counter holds_jerusalem 0
    ;inc_counter jerusalem_reinf 1
    end_monitor

monitor_conditions not I_SettlementOwner Baghdad = turks
    and I_EventCounter holds_baghdad == 1
    and I_NumberOfSettlements turks > 0
    set_event_counter holds_baghdad 0
    ;inc_counter turks_reinf 1
    end_monitor

monitor_conditions not I_SettlementOwner Krak_de_Chevaliers = antioch
    and I_EventCounter holds_krak_de_chev == 1
    and I_NumberOfSettlements antioch > 0
    set_event_counter holds_krak_de_chev 0
    ;inc_counter antioch_reinf 1
    end_monitor

monitor_conditions not I_SettlementOwner Constantinople = byzantium
    and I_EventCounter holds_constantinople == 1
    and I_NumberOfSettlements byzantium > 0
    set_event_counter holds_constantinople 0
    ;inc_counter byzantium_reinf 1
    end_monitor

monitor_conditions not I_SettlementOwner Cairo = egypt
    and I_EventCounter holds_cairo == 1
    and I_NumberOfSettlements egypt > 0
    set_event_counter holds_cairo 0
    ;inc_counter egypt_reinf 1
    end_monitor

;Detect if settlement has been taken
    ;Increment event counter

monitor_conditions I_SettlementOwner Jerusalem = jerusalem
    and I_EventCounter holds_jerusalem == 0
    add_events
    event counter holds_jerusalem
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor

monitor_conditions I_SettlementOwner Baghdad = turks
    and I_EventCounter holds_baghdad == 0
    add_events
    event counter holds_baghdad
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor

monitor_conditions I_SettlementOwner Krak_de_Chevaliers = antioch
    and I_EventCounter holds_krak_de_chev == 0
    add_events
    event counter holds_krak_de_chev
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor

monitor_conditions I_SettlementOwner Constantinople = byzantium
    and I_EventCounter holds_constantinople == 0
    add_events
    event counter holds_constantinople
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor

monitor_conditions I_SettlementOwner Cairo = egypt
    and I_EventCounter holds_cairo == 0
    add_events
    event counter holds_cairo
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor

Edit 5: Fixed by copy and edit a script for Milan(New game needed, not work with old save)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

monitor_conditions not I_SettlementOwner Genoa = milan
    and I_EventCounter holds_genoa == 1
    and I_NumberOfSettlements milan > 0
    set_event_counter holds_genoa 0
    ;inc_counter milan_reinf 1
    end_monitor

monitor_conditions I_SettlementOwner Genoa = milan
    and I_EventCounter holds_genoa == 0
    add_events
    event counter holds_genoa
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor
    Last edited by vietanh797; July 11, 2022 at 07:54 PM.
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

Blog Entries

Neat fix - have you checked if 'holds_genoa' appears otherwise in the script? It could be a historic_event entry, not a set_event_counter entry.

Neat fix - have you checked if 'holds_genoa' appears otherwise in the script? It could be a historic_event entry, not a set_event_counter entry.
    I checked, but found nothing, he must have forgotten it.

Another problem is the Portugal have sword and buckler unit(in building file) which they normally don't(in unit file only Spain and Sicily have them) and because of that the unit have no unit card and not even in game for Portugal, the only thing appeared is the name of unit in the desc of the building. I am thinking about remove that unit completely and bring all "America only units" back to Europe, it did not really make sense when unit like Dragoon only available in America. They become unit that all EU fielded later on after all.
    After checked the code, I decided to make it that as long as you have Huge city those units will be available in both Old and New world. If you don't then only America have them in smaller cities, and I also add "and event_counter gunpowder_discovered 1" for those New world units in Huge city. Should make those units can only appear later in game. Oh yes, I deleted sword and buckler of Portugal. Changed name of the "Spanish Dragoons" in to "Dragoons"(Portugal have them too, right?) and "New World Cuirassier" become "Cuirassier".

I edited the file about building so Teutonic Order now have the Teutonic knight appear in castle and stables like the Jerusalem have Templar or Antioch have Hospitaler. That seem make TO a little better since they have better infantries but by lower the recover rate for all TO 3 best cavalries should balance that out.

I increased the melee attack of Norse archer by 1 from 5->6 that make Denmark and Norway can use them in melee if need and also make them a little harder to kill by some spear militia early on(just a little, they still an early archer unit, facing English retinue longbowmen in melee is still suicide).

I also increased the range attack of Welsh longbow unit(i forget the name) by 1 point since their range attack was too low that even with "effective against armor" trait, they weren't enough to make an impact on battlefield not mentioned that Wales have only them as range unit in the whole game. If I am not wrong then that will make the "Welsh longbow unit" have the same range attack as English longbowmen but 30 men more in each squad. If English able to hold out until they get later range unit like Yeomen or Retinue combine with infantries then Welsh won't be a threat for them. But the Ireland-Wales-Scotland-France alliance should be able to destroy English now.

One last thing is I still think that people should be able to choose which Knight order they allow to build in most Central and West Europe Countries, Delphor make each faction only have access to one order doesn't sound right for me. For example historically I don't think France only have Hospitaller, I remembered that French King did bail out his debt of Templar by hang them all?

p/s: sorry if I was a bit annoying, I worked as tester for Dave back in the old version and used to give feedback to him about rebalancing, also worked on my own mod in RTW so rebalancing unit stats became my habit.
    Last edited by vietanh797; July 15, 2022 at 03:40 AM.

Thanks for all involved in keeping this mod alive.

I noticed that in the "4.3 Thread" it is stated that the Aztecs are playable by changing the descr_strat but they don't seem to be available in this 5.0 version. Starting as Aztecs gives the faction defeated screen (likely because of Fog of War).

Also, would the No Garrison Script for 4.3 work with this version? I don't understand much about modding but I think since it has to replace descr_character it would consist in replacing an updated file.

Again, thanks; Dave, Gigantus, RobyGon, Delphor and Vietanh and everyone involved for your commitment! Hope you guys live long and prosper!

Hi there. Thanks for keeping this mod alive. I used to play it way back in the day on a PC. Now I am trying to download it for Mac, i have M2TW on Steam.

I completed the download but then get the message 'You can't open the application 'KGCM 5.0.EXE because microsoft windows applications are not supported on MacOS" How do you get around this? I ensured that I selected the Mac compatible version during download. Thanks!

Blog Entries

Have a look here on how to run mods on Mac. There are a number of tips regarding mods and other stuff as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosduh02 View Post
    Thanks for all involved in keeping this mod alive.

I noticed that in the "4.3 Thread" it is stated that the Aztecs are playable by changing the descr_strat but they don't seem to be available in this 5.0 version. Starting as Aztecs gives the faction defeated screen (likely because of Fog of War).

Also, would the No Garrison Script for 4.3 work with this version? I don't understand much about modding but I think since it has to replace descr_character it would consist in replacing an updated file.

Again, thanks; Dave, Gigantus, RobyGon, Delphor and Vietanh and everyone involved for your commitment! Hope you guys live long and prosper!
    It's kinda like a trade, Aztec as AI is better.
    No Garrison Script not gonna work. It will cause ... CTDs. I personally suggest you try to play Delphor patch
    I attached the script file fix for Delphor patch just in case someone too lazy to fix it himself
    unrar then throw it into kgcm/data/world/map/campaign/imperial_campaign, replace to file when asked
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by vietanh797; September 03, 2022 at 06:12 PM.

Default Re: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - steam compatible

[QUOTE=sullivanclan1;15808885] Spain has all hand gunners and dragoons are missing in Campaign but present in Custom battle even though I have 5.002 updated mod. After gun powder was discovered I build all the buildings and still no hand gunners units and I was hoping you will add Dragoons because it was available in American Campaign. Please I request you that fix it because I love hand gunners units and wanted to play with dragoons in Europe.

Spain has all hand gunners and dragoons are missing in Campaign but present in Custom battle even though I have 5.002 updated mod. After gun powder was discovered I build all the buildings and still no hand gunners units and I was hoping you will add Dragoons because it was available in American Campaign. Please I request you that fix it because I love hand gunners units and wanted to play with dragoons in Europe.

Hey! Can you pls help me. I am playing with Spain and Sward and Buckler units, all type Handgunners and Dragoons are missing in Campaign. You mentioned above you fixed it can you please help me so I may fix in to in my pc. explain me the process or share me the file which ever is possible. Please.

Blog Entries

Have you applied patch and fixes from the second post? It may not be compatible with your current save.
    Last edited by Gigantus; October 07, 2022 at 09:21 PM.

Hi Gigantus.
    Thank you for bring back the KGCM mod to Steam version of M2TW.
    Back in 2012 I was playing the 4.2 version from Dave and HHB addon from Soul Firez. Unfortunately they were all lost due to my PC upgrade later.
    10 years has passed. Yesterday I got TW:Attila during SEGA sales in Steam and MK 1212 mod in the hope of getting back the old good memories of Medieval warfare.
    The Attila-based MK1212 is just HUGE in faction counts. But many factions are so small vs a more consolidated M2TW faction settings and I feel overwhelmed by Attila system.
    So what I did is getting M2TW today from the SEGA sales to get exact the taste too.
    I feel so fortunate that you guys (Dave, Gigantus, RobyGon, Delphor and Vietanh and everyone involved, qouting from Nosduh02's post made the mod standing upon this day, for a game that is more than 15 years old.
    My compliment to you guys all.

Back to the mod set-up order: is the right order as below?

M2TW definite edition from steam(M2TW + Kingdoms)
    KGCM 5.0
    KGCM 5.0.002 fix
    KGCM Delphor patch
    vietanh797's 4th Sep hotfix for KGCM Delphor patch
    RobyGon's recruitment fix

Please let me know if I missed anything such as other major fan-made hotfixes/patches that you may know.

I'm not sure if Soul Firez's HHB still work without problem after all these patches(his addon is for KGCM 4.2 anyway), since there seem to be considerable amount of content being reworked by other patches.

Many thanks !