Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - Steam compatible

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - Steam compatible

Looking forward to your compilation - I can put it into an automated installer for you and add a global block graphic fix to it if you want. Kindly keep track of your changes, eg have a simple change log so people will know what has been addressed.

Ok will do.

To make sure my patches are compatible with mac, do I need to keep anything in mind besides filenames being lowercase?

Blog Entries

No, that is all. There is a lower case conversion python based script available in the Linux forum to make that an easy task.

After installing RobyGon's recruitment patch, cities seem maxed out at large (they won't grow into huge) and castles, likewise. I'm 132 turns into a pagan Lithuanian campaign, a point at which I'd normally have a number of huge cities, but, now, none! (I imagine that the pagans can't construct ballista towers or cannon towers, either, eh?)...

Default No Huge Lithuanian Cities, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Crow View Post
    After installing RobyGon's recruitment patch, cities seem maxed out at large (they won't grow into huge) and castles, likewise. I'm 132 turns into a pagan Lithuanian campaign, a point at which I'd normally have a number of huge cities, but, now, none! (I imagine that the pagans can't construct ballista towers or cannon towers, either, eh?)...
    Ok, I'm asleep at the wheel--in any other grand campaign, huge cities, etc. are possible for any other factions other than pagan Lithuania--I imagine the normal possibilities open up if Lithuania converts--but funny how in a pagan Lithuania campaign NO OTHER faction can build huge cities, citadels, etc. either!--Sorry for the snafu!

I noticed that a bunch of ancillaries have capitalizations but I'm not sure if they are even used. They are usually marked "Tokus" at the start. I used a linux command to check every file/folder for their names and could not find them. If they are unused why are they still there and if they are used then where are they used?

Also, I have finished compiling all of my changes into a single data folder. I tested copying them all into a clean install of kgcm and it seemed to work so I think we're good to go. I am going to write up a readme with a list of the changes. Tbh I consider a lot of them mandatory especially since they fix broken things in the base version (including a ton of unit models), so it might be best to include this in a main install rather than just a patch.

Here it is!

I tried testing these files by dragging the into a fresh install of kgcm and they seemed to work. I would consider this a mandatory patch for KGCM and should probably be included in the base installation. It would be awesome if you could also include your block graphic fix. The changelog is in the same directory as the data folder. This also should address all of the issues that Used2Broz posted except for the mercenary recruitment dates.

Hopefully there are no new bugs but I am only one person trying to find them.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/71mvh...CM_5.1.7z/file

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Delphor View Post
    Here it is!

I tried testing these files by dragging the into a fresh install of kgcm and they seemed to work. I would consider this a mandatory patch for KGCM and should probably be included in the base installation. It would be awesome if you could also include your block graphic fix. The changelog is in the same directory as the data folder. This also should address all of the issues that Used2Broz posted except for the mercenary recruitment dates.

Hopefully there are no new bugs but I am only one person trying to find them.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/71mvh...CM_5.1.7z/file
    Congratulations! But why dismounted ritterbruder are not available in the last upgrade of the barracks?

Dismounted units are available at castle upgrades (the same place as their mounted variants). Barracks are meant for infantry units who do not have a mounted variant. This makes standard infantry easier to mass than dismounted cavalry.

I have found a bug. For some reason the new world event triggers way too soon. Like 1185 instead of 1446 (game starts in 1180). I thought I have the proper dates in descr_events so idk what could be causing it. Campaign script also seems okay to me. I've added 261 years (1185 + 261 = 1446) but idk how Im gonna test that. Are there any ideas why that might be bugged?

EDIT: I'm also realizing this might be an issue with the original kgcm campaign, because the world is round stuff is not present in the campaign script (but it is still an event with an even sooner date than mine).
    Last edited by Delphor; September 03, 2021 at 11:43 PM.

I think it's a feature of the mod that you can discover Americas in turn 1.

I did not encounter that when originally playing I don't think. Could have just clicked through it without thinking though.

If gigantus wants I can upload an updated export_buildings.txt file to fix a text bug for the byzantines and an updated descr_events.txt to fix the new world event (I think it's fixed) and at that point it's good to go.

Found 2 bugs, Delphor. Tripolitan Squires and Knights of Tripoli are not trainable. I've checked everywhere.

Yes I've noticed that. I've fixed it and a few other ones that I am slowly noticing.

Hey I fixed that bug. I put it all in one new 7z so other people wouldn't have as many issues putting it together.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/t9nxy...CM_5.1.7z/file

Does anyone tried to merge https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...I-4-0-released! XAI mod with this?

I find out that CAI in this mod is very, very passive. I played about 98 turns. England and France stared war at 45 turn, but did not fight. England just grouped all stacks, about 5-6 stack, near London and does noting

Blog Entries

XAI mod is designed to be easily integrated with mods - do give it a try.