Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - Steam compatible

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - Steam compatible

IntroductionHaving come across this mod several times in the course of Q&A due to it's restriction of being an 'old' mod I decided to combine the available downloads and make it fully compatible with Steam. While at it I also set it up for use by the Mac version of the game as well as for the Geomod tool.

Please note that this is based on the original mod (3.0 plus patches 4.2 and 4.3) by Dave Scarface. Files were only edited to ensure compatibility, some were removed as they exist in the original pack or are no longer needed. As such the original permission for the mod applies.

InstallationThis is one of my 'click through' installations.
    • As long as your registry is fine the installer will find the correct installation path. If not, simply follow the instruction displayed in the installer.
    • At the end of the installation a file verification will take place, allow it to finish, check for error messages, close it and finalize your installation.
    • Steam users: no need to do anything - simply start the mod with it's desktop shortcut

NotesAssorted observations:
    • Missing text - should you come across missing text please run this tutorial included as of patch 5.0.002
    • Menu crash - despite the fix a crash will still happen when you switch back and forth between campaign and custom battle. A crash will also happen if you click on a large number of factions in the selection screen, the latter is an old M2TW problem.
    • Updates - please check this post for any updates

Version History5.0.002 - 07. July 2019
    - corrected formatting in win_conditions
    - provided 'block graphic' fix
    5.0 - 06 July 2019
    - Steam compatible, no further action is required
    - ready for use with Geomod tool
    - all files are small caps to support Mac installation
    - assorted graphic elements added to distinguish from earlier versions
    - compiled from these downloads:
    3.0 base installation
    4.2 and 4.3 patches
    menu crash fix
    movement fix
    - minor fixes and adjustments:
    removed surplus original files (lookups, enums, unused model files)
    provided missing files (sprites)
    re-formatted modelDb
    fixed various 'silversurfers'
    resolved duplicate triggers in EDA and EDCT (from original game)
    corrected invalid win conditions
    corrected minor format errors in script

Spoiler for original ReadMe
    Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod Version 3.0 ReadMe==============================
    ==============================

Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod
    Version 3.0
    Readme File
    15/05/2008

========================================
    REQUIRES MEDIEVAL II TOTAL WAR: KINGDOMS
    ========================================

TABLE OF CONTENTS
    =================
    =================

1.0 OVERVIEW
    2.0 CREDITS
    3.0 LEGAL INFORMATION
    4.0 CONTACT AND SUPPORT INFORMATION

1.0 OVERVIEW
    ============

Kingdoms Grand Campaign adds Kingdoms to the grand campaign on an epic map. The mod offers
    a tough challenge and starts in year 1180 AD. Two new Christian powers Antioch and the
    Kingdom of Jerusalem control the Holy land. Ireland must fight off invasions from both
    England and Scotland.

KINGDOMS CONTENT

-Retrofit mod by Unspoken Knight included.
    -Kingdom of Jerusalem, Antioch, Ireland, Teutonic Order and Lithuania added to the grand campaign.
    -Every new unit from Kingdoms campaign added.
    -New look interface for northern, southern and eastern European factions as well as middle eastern.
    -New music added including the Teutonic music for eastern European factions.
    -Heroes added to the campaign! Including new hero Frederick Barbarossa.

CAMPAIGN AND AI

-Improved battle AI thanks to Lusted.
    -Lusteds campaign AI (Modified by me).
    -Small garrison script to defend capital cities only!
    -Recruit priority offset done for every faction in the campaign!
    -New win conditions for each faction (outlive faction here determines the AI's main opponent)
    -Faction standing script completely redone, starting faction relations more historically accurate.
    -Character movement points increased (military stays the same for 0.5 years)
    -Money script for all AI factions for a harder AI opponent.
    -AI debt script.

MAP AND SETTLEMENTS

-Big map, including lots of new regions.
    -Better map textures for Big map thanks to repman.
    -Added Kings Models to the campaign map.
    -More units added to the buildings tech tree.
    -Longer building times for 0.5 years per turn.
    -Improved each level of gates slightly.
    -Every settlement on the campaign map starts with more advanced buildings and roads.
    -Every faction starts with more regions and has at least a level "city" capital.
    -More recruitment slots and free upkeep slots.

UNITS

-All new Kingdoms units added.
    -Burrecks high and early period unit skins.
    -Dismounted Feudal Knights now recruitable earlier from the Drill square.
    -Recruitable generals available at the barons stables or above.
    -Venetian Heavy Infantry (attack) increased from 7 up to 9.
    -Size of all cavalry units reverted back to 80 men (new balance changes stay the same).
    -Removed secondary fire from archers to avoid unrealistic fire spam (AI skirmish better with
    primary fire only).
    -Slight increase in morale for all units for longer lasting battles.
    -Cheap missile units now only buildable at bowyer!
    -Removed elephant artillery from invading Timurids.
    -Ballista not available above ballista range.

HISTORICAL AND EVENTS

-0.5 years per turn, 1180-1400 (very long campaign)
    -New historical faction leaders added to many factions in year 1180 AD.
    -Becomes King Script thanks to phutmaster for his idea!
    -Victory, Defeat and Death movies added for KOJ and Antioch in the campaign.
    -Events script redone to fit into 0.5 turns, Mongols invade at around turn 80, gunpowder
    discovered around turn 130.

2.0 CREDITS
    ===========

Creative Assembly: Kingdoms expansion pack
    Unspoken Knight: Installer/Retrofit Mod
    Bdotward: faction symbols
    Lusted: campaign AI
    Lusted: battle AI
    Spurius: big Map
    Repman: big Map improvements
    Tokus Maximus: BBB stuff
    Candelarius: help with adding units
    Burreck: unit textures
    Harry Lime: help and support
    Dr Jambo: feedback and suggestions
    Blackader: help with balancing units
    Dearmad: new ancillaries

3.0 LEGAL INFORMATION
    =====================

This is an unofficial Mod for Medieval II Total War: Kingdoms. SEGA and the Creative Assembly
    do not endorse or support this Mod.

All right, title, interest and ownership rights in this Mod belong to the Author of this Mod
    (as far as is legally possible).

The Author of this Mod (and for the avoidance of doubt SEGA and The Creative Assembly) will
    not be held responsible for the risks connected with any loss (financial or otherwise), damage
    to property, lost data, console, computer or handheld device failure, errors and lost business
    or other information as a result of possession, use or malfunction of this Mod.

4.0 CONTACT AND SUPPORT INFORMATION
    ===================================

Support for Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod is provided through the Total War Centre forums:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=559

For non-support related enquiries, the Author of the Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod can be
    contacted directly at: Bossdave2006@hotmail.com

Download here

Google Drive Mirror Link - thanks BagaturSasha
    Last edited by Gigantus; September 14, 2021 at 08:27 PM. Reason: added download liknk

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - steam compatible

Patches and other Stuff

Patch 5.0.002 - 611KB
    - corrected formatting in win_conditions

RobyGon's recruitment fix can be found here.

KGCM Delphor patch (1.13GB) by Delphor ( 6th Aug 2023)

Changes for Delphor's patch:

historical battles:
    1. swapped out the heroic units no longer in the game for generic bodyguards except for richard/saladin who have their respective hero units, and made sure the battles had the right locations to make the climates correct.
    2. The hre in tannenberg is replaced by the teutonic order but otherwise basically has the same army composition.

export_descr_buildings:
    1. Separated the gunsmiths/cannon makers out from the siege makers.
    2. Moved the city wall units from base kgcm up one level so players cannot access those elite units as easily.
    3. Used the kingdoms export_descr_buildings.txt (from britannia, crusades, teutonic) to populate the buildings with units, with minor adjustments. The recruitment rate for each unit grows as you build more advanced buildings. It starts out around the same level as kgcm but grows for each tier of units as you go up a level (e.g. motte and bailey units train slightly faster/have larger pools with the next tier) up to the vanilla growth rate. This means when you fully develop a building the most basic units train at a higher rate than the more advanced units, so you still have an incentive to make the basic ones. Also, after enough building slots, the old units start to gain veterancy due to superior training, further giving you incentive to make them.
    4. Castles now train cavalry and dismounted cavalry units without making stables, like in base medieval 2. Dismounted cavalry units have been moved away from the barracks to the base castle. Stable buildings are used like in the original medieval 2 total war to increase recruitment rate, and at the highest levels unlock elite units. The default Castle recruitment rate is low, and since there is no way to increase the dismounted cavalry training rate, players will only be able to construct these elite units at a limited speed.
    5. For factions with an excess of knights, like France or the HRE, some of these units have been moved to the tournament field to avoid double up unlocking (e.g. unlocking French noble and chivalric knights at the same time) and giving other buildings more variety.
    6. Castles no longer have free garrison units, that function is too overpowered when applied to the high-end castle military.
    7. Like in base kgcm, peasant recruitment rate is kept super low. They are mainly only usable if you want fodder to move a ram or something. This also makes the AI less capable of spamming them.
    Spoiler for Pending stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Used2BRoz View Post
    Another minor bugette :
    The catapult maker uses the wrong graphic for the small versions ion building browser for both city and castle (northern european at least)
    (might be the RTW catapult maker ?)
    Another day, another bug.
    Irish unit recruitment is incomplete.
    In the city barracks, Ceitherne (kern) are only recruitable at the 1st and 2nd tier barracks, but not above that level.

In the castle barracks, Cliathari (spearmen) and Peasants are only recruitable for the 1st tier barracks.
    This is a big issue as the Cliathari are the only spear unit the irish have and you lose them if you upgrade the barracks.

Not sure if it's intentional but ballista are only recruitable at 1st tier siege works ; catapults only recruitable at 2nd tier.
    Upgrading to Docklands and I lose he ability to build Cogs.
    The gunsmith / cannon building tree has been added to the siege works building tree, rather than be a separate line.
    Meaning you have to build all the siege works tree before building the gunsmith.
    (It's a neat way of avoiding having both buildings in the same settlement but it's counter to what happened historically and not how it is in vanilla M2TW)

Dating needs changing, the eg Black Death arrives about 100 years too soon.

Dates for mercenary troops also need revising. eg the Free Company men at arms and longbowmen need changing to start 1350 end 1450. Merc Arquebusiers should start about 1470.

Titles for notifications need fixing - so that leaders aren't automatically assumed to be kings.
    (ie Milan. Kiev, Wales, )
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 06, 2023 at 12:21 AM.

Will any of the submods work with this mod or not?

Blog Entries

They should, provided they worked with 4.3 - but simply try, the install path for this version is different from the 'old' installation (mods\kgmc), which means you can keep the old installation just in case something doesn't work out.

Have DL'd and installed this.
    Verified itself OK.

Found two problems so far.
    1) Many of the factions have their victory conditions missing. Top row and those on right hand side of second row.

2) There's a big problem with settlement battle maps.
    I've found this with two factions - Ireland and England, in different settlements, playing as defender and attacker.

When you open the battle screen everything seems normal.
    But as soon as you try to deploy anything you get these big white areas, units and UI are missing.
    This persists throughout the battle.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deployment.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	463.5 KB 
ID:	358849Click image for larger version. 

Name:	battle.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	457.2 KB 
ID:	358850

Blog Entries

The battle issue should be solved by applying the tutorial I linked to (missing text note). Included now in the 5.0.002 patch, feed back on this is highly welcome.
    win conditions - in the original they were totally missing as settlements instead of regions were entered, it's one of the things I fixed. While correcting it I overlooked an unintended correction in the milan entry, happened when I replaced venice with venice_provinve. Corrected it as shown below, included in patch 5.0.002
    Code:
    milan
    hold_regions Milan_Province Constantinople_Province Bologna_Province Venice_Province Ancona_Province Bern_Province Marseille_Province Dijon_Province Cagliari_Province 
    take_regions 50
    outlive venice
    short_campaign hold_regions
    take_regions 30
    outlive venice
    See post below for link to patch.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 07, 2019 at 12:37 AM.

Blog Entries

UPDATE - download here

Version 5.0.002
    - corrected formatting in win_conditions (not sure if save game compatible)
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 07, 2019 at 12:39 AM.

I got a question! Do you have the link to downloa and install Grand Faction Addon Mod? None of the links work.

When I downloaded the update I had to discard it. Any ideas why that is and how I can update the mod?

Blog Entries

I don't have a link for that mod.

Please explain what you mean by 'I had to discard it'.

I can confirm that both the battle and win conditions patch work.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the feedback, glad it was solved that easily.

EDIT - IGNORE THIS POST -

I DIDN'T REALISE THE START DATE WAS 1180 AND NOT 1080. APOLOGIES

Is there any possibility of changing the regions to reflect actual historical situation in 1080 ?
    E.G. : England should not control Dublin or Wexford, maybe better as independent Norse kingdoms, the same as castle Town on the Isle of Man.
    Brittany was an independent Duchy, not part of England.
    England needs to have the longbowmen removed from the starting garrisons as well and replaced with peasant archers and archer militia.

I haven't looked at the wider map, but if anyone has further suggestions I'd be interested.
    Last edited by Used2BRoz; July 21, 2019 at 01:08 PM.

I mean Gigantus that I tried to download the new update for this mod but I got an error saying that it was dangerous and harmful to my computer. So I was told to discard it. That is what I meant in my earlier reply. Do you know any forum that has the Grand Faction Addon Mod with a working link? I am dead set on that mod.

Another minor bugette :
    The catapult maker uses the wrong graphic for the small versions ion building browser for both city and castle (northern european at least)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    I mean Gigantus that I tried to download the new update for this mod but I got an error saying that it was dangerous and harmful to my computer. So I was told to discard it. That is what I meant in my earlier reply. Do you know any forum that has the Grand Faction Addon Mod with a working link? I am dead set on that mod.
    There should be no problem with the patch, it can however happen that an AV raises a false positive due to the BAT file which executes a code. It's one of the reasons why I include a file check with the installation. And no, I don't have that link.
    Another minor bugette :
    I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

How does this mod compare to Stainless Steel, if you don't mind me asking?

Blog Entries

I haven't gone into playing it for any extended time, best to give it a try yourself.

Pal Gigantus thanks and congrats for one more job well done..! So can we play the mods that you have made steam compatibles like "For King or Country" or when you manage to do something for "Rule Britannia" and if we manage to make "Kingdom oh the Scots" work that both are Kingdoms mod for the Britannia campaign and other mods with this mod so for all of the mods to work just fine or if istall this i will have problems with all of the mods I mention.!? Btw is mod foldered and buddy you know what I am waiting for if you manage to make it work.! No pressure thoug... The box bug worked for KotS but it CTD with a message thanks anyway pal.?

Another day, another bug.
    Irish unit recruitment is incomplete.
    In the city barracks, Ceitherne (kern) are only recruitable at the 1st and 2nd tier barracks, but not above that level.

In the castle barracks, Cliathari (spearmen) and Peasants are only recruitable for the 1st tier barracks.
    This is a big issue as the Cliathari are the only spear unit the irish have and you lose them if you upgrade the barracks.

Not sure if it's intentional but ballista are only recruitable at 1st tier siege works ; catapults only recruitable at 2nd tier.

Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast