Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324

Thread: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - Steam compatible

Default Re: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - Steam compatible

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Crow View Post
    Here, at least, is the garrison script...Attachment 369274Attachment 369275
    thanks for that. haven't played MTW2 in almost 15 something years and it's all coming back. accidently made a wrong back up and can't compare files/scripts but all you need to do is manually delete anything related to "create_unit" for each cheating factions and no more AI spawns when being sieged. i've been playing for almost a week now and no CTDs. i also tweaked king's purse/unit hit points (different files) to make things fair. for ex. Pope State gets wh00ping 50,000 while Kingdom of Jerusalem gets only 1000 per turn but now everyone gets 5,000 annually. appreciate all who worked on this mod and made steam compatible as well. i've tried other mods like chivalry 2, medieval 1100 and 1199 but they didn't feel like i was playing medieval but more of a washed down version of Rome and Rome 2. not trying to bash other modders but i really wanted this mod to work and it did.

Libertus

Why does the game CTD when i change /modify some files during a campaign and when i press continue campaign the game crases???

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Because those changes are not save game compatible. Which files did you change and what did you change in them?

Sorry for not being around as much, my hard drive got corrupted and had to be reset; will resume work on the mod when I can.

@beermugcarl, I have in some ways but will take a look at what it is compared to the base game next time I work on the mod. I've gotten mixed feedback on the economy so far with some saying it's easier and some saying it's fine.

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Delphor View Post
    Sorry for not being around as much, my hard drive got corrupted and had to be reset; will resume work on the mod when I can.

@beermugcarl, I have in some ways but will take a look at what it is compared to the base game next time I work on the mod. I've gotten mixed feedback on the economy so far with some saying it's easier and some saying it's fine.
    Hi Delphor, could you tell us what else are you planning to add, since im using your submod as a base for a submod of mine for kgcm mod. I would like to know what you will add in the future because it will be easier then to copy your changes into my modification.

P.S Congrats for fixing almost all these weird glitches that happened to various shields. The only unit that still has this problem is cavalry militia.

Libertus

export_descr_units, export_descr_buildings, descr_settlemenent_mechanics. Strange, they used to be save compatible when i used different mods.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Because those changes are not save game compatible. Which files did you change and what did you change in them?

export_descr_units, export_descr_buildings, descr_settlemenent_mechanics. Strange, they used to be save compatible when i used different mods. Is there a way to make them save compatible??

Quote Originally Posted by Sixela View Post
    export_descr_units, export_descr_buildings, descr_settlemenent_mechanics. Strange, they used to be save compatible when i used different mods. Is there a way to make them save compatible??
    I think you can change this, by modifying something specific in your preferences file, im not sure though.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sixela View Post
    export_descr_units, export_descr_buildings, descr_settlemenent_mechanics. Strange, they used to be save compatible when i used different mods.
    In EDU and EDB the issue I think is whether existing units\buildings will be affected in a major way, see also here. In mechanics it should only be when you change the settlement conversion level values.

Restore one file at a time to see which one caused the issue. If you didn't make backups (rule #1 when modding) then install the mod into a different path (including patches) and copy from there.

Unfortunately there is no such way as crazyroman suggests. He may mix that up with the 'file_first' setting which forces the game to read mod files before original files.
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 22, 2023 at 08:17 PM.

@crazyroman I'm not sure if im going to add anything as much as just bugfix/rebalance at this point, unless I've promised adding something I forgot about lol. One fix that's definitely coming is making it so the crusader factions need to catholicize a region more before recruiting units, as they seem to bulldoze the muslim factions too easily otherwise.

For the shields, which faction(s) are you encountering it for? As per my testing the latest version, only Ireland/Wales should have the shield issues for Merchant Cavalry Militia/Mailed Knights/General's Bodyguard, and those are beyond my ability to fix sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphor View Post
    @crazyroman I'm not sure if im going to add anything as much as just bugfix/rebalance at this point, unless I've promised adding something I forgot about lol. One fix that's definitely coming is making it so the crusader factions need to catholicize a region more before recruiting units, as they seem to bulldoze the muslim factions too easily otherwise.

For the shields, which faction(s) are you encountering it for? As per my testing the latest version, only Ireland/Wales should have the shield issues for Merchant Cavalry Militia/Mailed Knights/General's Bodyguard, and those are beyond my ability to fix sadly.
    Thank you for you answer. I love the idea of catholicizing a region more, so a crusader faction can recruit it's units. As for the shields, i only seen problems with Merchant Cavalry Militia, not with the Mailed Knighs but i will see again.