Thread: Question about character salary and death chance.

Core-i7-inside's Avatar Domesticus

Default Question about character salary and death chance.

So now I have 2 wishes that seem not be too hard to archive and should make the game more fun;
    1 to greatly reduce generals satisfaction, 2 to make generals more mortal to illness. I am totally new to modding(like 2-day new) and have been tinkering through it for ... 2 days, and here are my questions.

1. I've been trying to edit character salary and sanctification from promotion in the effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions, when I click to give a general a promotion, it says as modded but when promoted their upkeep and satisfactions are still the same as in vanilla, any idea?

2. I've been trying to make generals start dying from illness earlier in age by editing the character_death_distribution_points. It worked somehow but have no idea what number does what exactly. Any idea?

3. In the loyalty_effects and loyalty_factors files, I've been trying to greatly reduce satisfaction in general. Most of them seem to work but not the 'pass_experience_grudge' and 'upstart_sons'. Idea?

4. Is there a way to make the 'faction leader die' effect to ... effect every generals?

5. Is there anyway to modify the 25 'innate satisfaction' every general has?

6. This last one is what has been annoying me from the day this game came out. How do I make the I-Can-See-Through-The-Fogs-of-War-AI to focus more on actually fighting you than occupying defenseless county?

Please help, thank you.

Default Re: Question about character salary and death chance.

These are good questions I've messed around w some and have similar road blocks, some work some dont

1) I havent messed with the buffs from promotions, however if you find the title of the text in local_en you can trace it back into the db most times.
    HOWEVER, ive noticed effects like "Innate Satisfaction" which can be found under campaign_variables doesnt change in game, so some things might need a startpos edit.
    Additonally- some effects such as "3k_main_effect_character_job_satisfaction_penalty_modifier_reduced_faction" require you to end the turn for it to take effect despite having an advancement stage of :start_turn_completed: like so many others that dont require such shenanigans.

2) havent messed with the deaths much as others have made long life mods and im ok w it using 8TPY

3) see point 1

4) maybe one of the minister tables? could have a check box that only faction leader has,
    similiarly I couldnt find the #s for :death of a friend: modifier as I wanted to increase that,
    as when lu bu dies, zhang liao only gets -5 death of a friend,
    however this traces back to :character_relationships: under the loyalty table which says 50/-50 and doesnt make any sense what triggers it

5) like above in 1, mabe startpos using assembly kit

6) not sure exactly what ur getting at here- there are aggression factors - radious mod turned them way up, table is
    cai_personality_strategic_components_tables
    play in there if u want more aggressive AI

Also heres a link to my personal satisfaction mod,
    might save u some time
    https://mega.nz/#!ZTAlVYhD!op5wVQ0l-...GZxO2ElZ5wlQds

My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TW Arena Campaign Generals (R2)
    Achilles (2018) mod