Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caillagh For Novus

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Caillagh For Novus

Caillagh de Bodemloze for Novus

Caillagh is a pillar of Content, providing committed, consistent work and leadership. Caillagh attracted the attention of staff with an exceptional AAR, A Long Way from Home, which took first place in the AAR of the Year category of the Writers' Study Yearly Awards in 2015 and 2016. In May 2015, Caillagh joined Critic's Quill Staff, writing articles and reviews on AARs and creative writing. In September 2015, Writers' Study and Critic's Quill staff teams merged, which meant taking on responsibility for running Writers' Study competitions as well as writing publications. Caillagh's contributions were consistently excellent and this led to appointments as deputy director of the Writers' Study and Critic's Quill (from June 2017), Content Director for Content's News Staff (November 2017) and Content Hex (February 2019).

Caillagh's contributions are exceptional. In 2019, Content has few experienced staff. Caillagh is carrying out an exceptional number of leadership roles, including Content Director for News Staff, joint acting Content Director for the Eagle Standard and the Gamer's Gazette and deputy director for the Writer's Study and Critic's Quill - that's four leadership roles in Content as well as being Hex. Caillagh also provides detailed, valuable advice on the editing of articles for the Helios. This means that Caillagh is making active contributions to five Content Staff teams. Caillagh frequently participates in discussion about Content activities such as the planning of competitions and giving feedback on draft articles. Caillagh's advice and feedback is detailed and helpful. Caillagh's work is of exceptional quality and includes contributions to an unusual number of areas of Content's work, including front page announcements, articles and competitions.

Caillagh has gone beyond these contributions in Content by becoming a Hex for Modding Staff as well as Content Staff.

News

Since November 2017 when Caillagh became Content Director for News, Caillagh and News Staff have been contacting modders to offer front page announcements and in posting announcements for mod releases, major competitions, important Total War news and other significant events. You can see the announcements posted by Caillagh and News Staff in the following sections:

Modding News and Announcements

Gaming News and Announcements

Publication News and Announcements

Community News and Announcements

Articles

On the Path to the Streets of Gold and Children of the Forest: Two Suebi AARs for TW: Rome II

Masterpiece Review: Takeda - Plot, Writing and Characters

What Makes a Masterpiece? (with Alwyn, Lortanoand Merchant of Venice)

Scriptorium Reviews: Thus Spoke the Shark-Men by Copperknickers II, The Return by Iron Aquilifer and Theseus by Kip (with Alwyn and waveman)

AAR of the Year 2015 Interview: Shankbot and Alwyn interview Caillagh about A Long Way from Home (with Shankbot de Bodemloze and Alwyn)

Scriptorium Writing Competiton 2016 Reviews, part 2: Reviews of Catherina's Death by Tigellinus, Avarice by Salah ad Din Yusuf, Neko Haiku by 'Gunny and The Worst They Could by Kyriakos (with Shankbot de Bodemloze)

Reviews of Tale of the Week 257 stories by Admiral Van Tromp, Shankbot de Bodemloze, Socrates1984 and Mhaedros (with Alwyn)

The August 2017 Writers' Study Safari

Writers' Study (Belated) Christmas and New Year Reading List

The Writers' Study All-Seasons Fair

Organisation of After Action Reports (AARs) (with Darkan)

Writers' Study Bonfire and Fireworks Celebration

Writers' Study 2018 Awards Ceremony Feast

Reviews of Tale of the Week 284 stories by C-Beams, Kilo11, Turkafinwë and Big War Bird (review of the tale by Big War Bird)

New initiatives

Occasional Competitions

Caillagh is active in maintaining and improving Writers’ Study competitions. Caillagh is also an innovator, creating the concept of Occasional Competitions for the Writers’ Study. Before, our competitions were all regular ones. The idea of Occasional Competitions is that they appear occasionally and that each one offers a different kind of writing challenge. For example, our first Occasional Competition was to Write an Advert.

Competitions co-run or run

MAARC
    (Monthly After Action Reports Competition)

MAARC LXIX

MAARC LXX

MAARC LXXI

MAARC LXXII

The 75th MAARC - MAARC LXXV

MAARC LXXVI

Occasional Competitions

The First Occasional Competition

Writers' Study Yearly Awards

WS Yearly Awards 2016

WS Yearly Awards 2017

WS Yearly Awards 2018

Tale of the Week

Tale of the Week 261: Dark Souls

Tale of the Week 264: Wizard School

Tale of the Week 267: ReformationTale of the Week 269: Solstice

Tale of the Week 270: Three Kingdoms

Tale of the Week 271: Henry VIII

Tale of the Week 272: Industry

Tale of the Week 273: Chichen Itza

Tale of the Week 276: The Path Within

Tale of the Week 285: Haunted

Tale of the Week 287: NYPD

Tale of the Week 291: Renewal

------------------

I await your inevitable approval...as the inquisition is always watching, of course

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Caillagh For Novus

This proposal has my inevitable support.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Caillagh has been omnipresent during my recent staff tenure also lending a hand with the modding staff and its projects. I always have to wonder about individuals who show this level of activity here at TWC. But for that I think much credit should be given. It is also true that the de Bodemloze originate from an ancient and honored bloodline that has produced many creative individuals who have contributed greatly to this forum.

So, yeah, support.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

I can't object to that and so it have my support as well.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Support from me and not because he happens to be a Bodemloze, but because I think he is an awesome character who has contributed quite a lot to this site. Well, Hader did a good job of making that obvious of course.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Support.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Not that long ago, Caillagh told me that when he joined the Content, he would have left after a week or so without the support, advices and humor from other staffers because thinking he didn't fit for the task. I'm glad he didn't leave. Nowadays, the situation is reversed and he's one who provides help, ideas and advices to others. His dedication to the site and other staffs is commendable.
    That's a no brainer here. Easy support.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Obviously this has my support!

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Support!
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Novus would be well deserved for Caillagh in my opinion.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Support!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

That's a bottomless award I can support

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Just a question: Unless I am mistaken this Novus award is Curia stuff. Why are we non citizens able to see this discussion and partake in it?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Just a question: Unless I am mistaken this Novus award is Curia stuff. Why are we non citizens able to see this discussion and partake in it?
    A recent proposal made it so the Proth was open to posting by the general membership for their contributions in discussion to be read and considered directly, despite an inability to cast a vote.

In this thread's context it's mostly pointless unless there is something substantial for the non-citizen to add, but ultimately, this is the reason, given all proposals are made here, and the closed doors curia approach now only applies for internal functions and for the actual voting process.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    More information about the Novus award.

Commondus is right and Hader's Curia Overhaul Order 66 proposal had one item and that was to move the Prothalamos forum from the Curia as a separate forum in the Administrative fora.

If the Prothalamos stayed within the Curia then only citizens can post, now can anyone post (full members only). In the past every member could read the Prothalamos but not post.

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    A recent proposal made it so the Proth was open to posting by the general membership for their contributions in discussion to be read and considered directly, despite an inability to cast a vote.
    Last edited by Leonardo; July 07, 2019 at 04:58 AM.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Not that long ago, Caillagh told me that when he joined the Content, he would have left after a week or so without the support, advices and humor from other staffers because thinking he didn't fit for the task. I'm glad he didn't leave. Nowadays, the situation is reversed and he's one who provides help, ideas and advices to others. His dedication to the site and other staffs is commendable.
    That's a no brainer here. Easy support.
    I remember well when Caillagh joined the Content some years ago... since than a lot has been done and even more has been achieved.. Caillagh's input to the Content (both in terms of quantity and quality) is invaluable, but still it's just a part of the story... I know I've told that many times but for anyone outside of the Staff it's impossible to be fully aware of what has been actually done, this is even more true when it comes to Senior Staffers, not to tell about Hexers.. there's little I can tell you about, but Caillagh's contributions to the improvement and management of the Content before and of Hex today are simply stellar, and I'm proud and excited to have the opportunity to work shoulder to shoulder in the Modding Staff, as well as being glad of having had the chance to cooperate for years in the Content and basically everywhere we were needed. This has my full support, from the bottom of my heart.

Also, Hader is not the only one who has a stamp, just saying eh

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Caillagh has been unbelievably helpful thus far in the modding staff. Caillagh has been involved in other branches for much longer, and extrapolating from my own experience and what others have said, it's been more of the same in those other branches. Exceptional!
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Does zebras have stripes? ...Have some more inevitable support, on me!

- A

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Although most things take Every Kinda People, it is said that the de Bodemloze are Slaves to the Rhythm of TWC Content. Through force of will & sheer determination of Spirit, Caillagh has built on that legacy and now stands as one of the pillars that makes TWCenter a special place to be.

Now as to this nomination in particular.....

You had me at
    Tale of the Week... no wait...

You had me at
    de Bodemloze ...

A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

I'm afarid it's going to have to be a big fat no ... way I'm going to not support this.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast