Thread: Liby Phoenician cavalry armor value

Default Liby Phoenician cavalry armor value

This probably belongs in Rad's balancing thread, wherever that is, but do Parashim Afriqim (Liby-Phoenician cavalry) seem to have less armor than their appearance? They all are wearing helmets, linen cuirasses, and greaves. Some even have breastplates. But they still only have 4 armor. The early Eporeda Donnoi also have 4 armor, but some are even unarmored except for a helmet. There are also other units that have 4 armor but are look better armored like the Eporeda Triuerion, or to some extent the Epades Pennoberton (some don't have helmets, but all have body armor). Why are all of these units only at 4? The Parashim Afriqim definitely look better armored than that.

Default Re: Liby Phoenician cavalry armor value

I already pointed it to the team some time ago (noticed it while doing a custom battle). Their armour has been increased to 5

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    I already pointed it to the team some time ago (noticed it while doing a custom battle). Their armour has been increased to 5
    That’s great! Has anyone said anything about those other units? I think even the Lonchophoroi hippeis are in the same position.

I don't know about the others but if you think it is in the same position put here why and compare it with others.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    I don't know about the others but if you think it is in the same position put here why and compare it with others.
    I used the early Eporeda Donnoi as a base, since they also have 4 armor. They all have helmets, but some don't have body armor. The Treveri and Lonchophoroi both all have body helmets and body armor, so I would think they should have a higher armor value. The Epades Pennoberton also all have body armor, but many don't have helmets. They are a bit questionable, but an armor bump also keeps them competitive with the Eporeda Donnoi later.

Going outside of those situations, I edited a number of a number of cavalry units to get an armor bump of 1. I didn't do it to elites or cataphracts, but with units like the Celtiberian riders (to 4 since most are fairly armored) or the Getai heavy cavalry (Tarabostes and I think the bodyguard who have an armor value of 3, though I think they compare to the armor of the early Eporeda Donnoi, or even to the middle variant of Eporeda Donnoi). There are other comparisons, like the Lusitanian light cavalry (2 armor) compared with the Iberian light cavalry (3 armor), so I gave a bump to the Lusitanians there.

This is just based on me eyeballing their armor, so take it with a grain of salt.