Thread: Steam Workshop details

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Steam Workshop details

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/announ...hree-kingdoms/
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Announcing Mod Support for Total War: THREE KINGDOMS!

July 4 2019

We know that modding is an important part of the Total War community, and so we’re happy to officially announce the release of the Assembly Kit and Steam Workshop support for Total War: THREE KINGDOMS.

I’m not a modder – what does this mean?

This means you can expect to see a wide variety of Total War: THREE KINGDOMS mods including unit reskins, balance tweaks, new battle maps, scripted mods, new UI elements, new events, new characters, and much more.
    You’ll be able to find these on the Steam Workshop, much like you would for other titles such as Total War: WARHAMMER II or Total War: ROME II. Simply find the mod you like, subscribe to it, and check it’s loaded in the launcher’s mod manager next time you launch the game.
    Known Issues

There are currently some unexpected issues when downloading custom battle maps through multiplayer lobbies. On occasion, acquiring a map this way can cause the game to become temporarily unresponsive, and may additionally place players in separate lobbies. There is also a crash that can occur when loading a replay after quitting a game on a map acquired through the lobby.
    While we are working on a fix, we recommend you acquire maps from the Steam Workshop before attempting multiplayer battles that use them.
    And for the modders?

First and foremost, the modding process will largely remain the same as in previous titles.
    As such, if you want to take a dive into modding THREE KINGDOMS we recommend you take a look at some of the guides out there for ROME II onwards to get you ready for release on Thursday the 4th of July.
    The tools available

The Assembly Kit makes a return with Dave (for database editing), Terry (for battle map creation), BoB (for compilation of pack files), and the Variant Editor (for editing unit model collections). We’ve also provided a number of art resources to assist in the creation of custom assets.
    We listened to the modding community and have given all of these thorough testing to help with stability and provide new features to help with usability. You should also be good to edit pack files with the community made pack file manager tools.
    What’s moddable?

Below is a list of the moddable aspects of the game:

• Startpos
    • CEOs (see below)
    • Database tables
    • Variant mesh definitions
    • Battle maps
    • Lua scripts (thanks to Vandy for his contributions here!)
    • New character portraits.
    • Custom models and animations

However, the following as aspects of the game are not currently moddable:

• Campaign battle maps
    • Campaign map hexes (i.e. the logical campaign map)
    • Audio files
    • Game code
    • Creation of battle assets, such as:
      • Prefabs
      • Audio files
      • Composite scenes
      • VFX

Tools upgrade

We’ve worked on a few new tricks for the old tools to make modding even easier – check them out below.
    BoB

• Now includes an action for processing CEOs

Dave

• Docking support tabs – with more freedom to place multiple tables
    • Excel integration – including the ability to edit tables in Excel within Dave
    • Table dependency graphs, showing you how tables are linked
    • Pin groups, allowing you to quickly access tables around specific tasks (e.g. adding new units) and the ability to share these with other modders and integrate these into Excel
    • Tables continue to be filterable, searchable, and show their schemas as well as the same other basic functions as before
    • Similar preference settings to before
    • The ability to display database differences, apply commands from files, save update commands, and open local changes folders are all present
    • In addition to regular exporting, Dave also has a new CEO export function
    • SQL queries, global search, and Tweak tools are present as before

Terry

• More AI hint types than what was supported in WARHAMMER II
    • We’ve enabled the placing of capture locations (capture zones), river splines, and composite scenes

What’s new

The game is much more data driven than previous titles, so be sure to check around to see how the old systems you know have been fleshed out further – for example, there are now additional data tables for unit mods that control performance in the auto-resolver and AI evaluation.
    Furthermore, character traits and ancillaries are now combined into a new system called a Campaign Effect Object (CEO). These are a subset of tables within Dave that, once complete, need to be built into an ESF file with the build CEO option in Dave.
    Unfortunately, at this stage the game can only read a CEO file from one mod at a time so much like startpos mods, mods that edit CEO files will not be compatible with one another.
    We’ve created resources in the Assembly_kit/artist_resources directory to allow modders to create their own 2D character artwork, split into components that reflect mood and armour. The documentation for this can be found in the same directory.
    Workshop Curation

At this point we’d like to remind mod authors that we will be curating the workshop and remove any mods that breach the modding terms found in the game’s EULA. Please refrain from creating mods that are designed to provoke, intimidate, or antagonise other groups, reference other IP, or create content of a sexual nature. You can read the EULA in full here.

DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Default Re: Steam Workshop details

We have entered the waifu age. Prepare yourselves.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Anyone have issues not being able to download the tool? Doesnt appear in the list. CA mentioned that there's some issue based on promotional version of the game. Bought mine during Lunar sale back in March (2 days befor the game been delayed).

Yes, I have the same issue and own a regular version from steam, bought one week before release. They said it'd be fixed today, so I'm hoping for that although them claiming it would only affect "a handful of promotional versions" doesn't make me feel very confident.
    Last edited by Arni the Terminator; July 05, 2019 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Formatting

Yeah, cannot find the tools too. And if we look at SteamDB...because not only games are there https://steamdb.info/app/1012260/ look at number of people in app. 4-10. I haven´t seen higher numbers. So my conclusion is, pretty much nobody is able to use AK right now. :-)
    Last edited by Daruwind; July 05, 2019 at 02:36 AM.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Yeah, cannot find the tools too. And if we look at SteamDB...because not only games are there https://steamdb.info/app/1012260/ look at number of people in app. 4-10. I haven´t seen higher numbers. So my conclusion is, pretty much nobody is able to use AK right now. :-)
    Some mentioned that it appears after deleting steam cache, restarting steam and changing region. I tried all 3 and still do not appear.

Hey guys sory about posting this here but i didnt see a abugthread or anything and im kind of out of ideas.

I seem to have a problem where steam is downloading the mods but i dont see them in the 3k data folder and even though they appear on the mod manager and they obviously dont appear ingame. Ive never had this problem with previous total war so no clue how to fix this.

Um...wild quess. With ToB CA started to store mods under new location.. \Steam\steamapps\workshop\content Try to check there?

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Um...wild quess. With ToB CA started to store mods under new location.. \Steam\steamapps\workshop\content Try to check there?
    Thanks for the quick reply.

F:\steam\steamapps\workshop\content\779340

I followed this addres and i can see that in content the mods ar there but even if i copy the files into the data folder they still dont appear ingame and they dont appear in the data folder on their own.