Thread: Full version of base game (patch 20 with EE and politics) now working on MAC + progress with latest DEI

Default Full version of base game (patch 20 with EE and politics) now working on MAC + progress with latest DEI

This might be against the forum rules as I'm just plugging an another active thread but in retrospect I created it under a very misleading title and I dont think you can edit titles

I have managed to get the full version of the base game (patch 20 with EE and politics) playable on Mac OS

Also I have managed to launch the latest version of DeI and can run custom battles. Just working on the campaign

See linked thread for details

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...te-steam-mods)

Default Re: Full version of base game (patch 20 with EE and politics) now working on MAC + progress with latest DEI

Yes, you can change your title through editing and then go advanced, just use 1 topic in the future please, as far as I can see you've already made 3 posts to talk about the same thing. But I'm glad it worked out for you, maybe we can put your method in the FAQ or something.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Full version of base game (patch 20 with EE and politics) now working on MAC + progress with latest DEI

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    Yes, you can change your title through editing and then go advanced, just use 1 topic in the future please, as far as I can see you've already made 3 posts to talk about the same thing. But I'm glad it worked out for you, maybe we can put your method in the FAQ or something.
    I'll take care of it

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    I'll take care of it
    I've got the campaign working!!!

Steps as follows

1. Download PlayonMac from:
    https://www.playonmac.com/en/download.html

2. Install PlayonMac and keep all options as default

3. Once installed click Tools along the top Mac bar, then manage wine versions, make sure under both (x86) and (am84) you have the latest version.

4 Back on the main screen on PlayonMac click install and search for steam. During the installation process keep all options as default except when it asks about the virtual drive, choose 64bit. Also create a desktop shortcut for steam when asked if you want to, this will allow you to run steam without having to open PlayonMac, I've noticed massive differences in game performance when PlayonMac is or isn't open

5. go through the typical steam installation process

6. download total war from the steam library

7. run the game for the first time and go through the first time setup process

Then for DEI-

1. Download the most recent TWC files

2. Extract the files - should give you a folder for each part with a pack file and an image file

3. This is where how I mentioned keeping all the settings as default during the installations as very important - you need to go into finder on your Mac and go Mactintosh HD - Users - (your username) - PlayonMacs virtual drives - steam - Drive_c - Program files (x86) - steam - steam apps - common - total war Rome II - data
    (if you didn't keep the install options the same the path to this folder will be different

4. copy the mod pack files into this folder

open steam launch the game and enable the mods in the mod manager

PS you may have to delete the Mac version of steam before you do this - I dont know if there are any compatibility issues, but at the least its confusing having two sets of steam folders in your finder

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Oh, that's great