Thread: Update mod with extra options?

Default Update mod with extra options?

Anyone else feel that the mod could use an update to include some extra options in the launcher such as turning on or off the Additoonal Unit Mod, or aspects of it?

So for example, say I only wanted the Great Northern War units I can tick a check box and the game launcher only loads that PACK file, or say I wanted all of the new units except the named regiments because they clog up the recruitment panel too much when I only want the stand units?

Considering that it has been 10 years since the game was released, I think a little update along these lines would be cool.

I would do it myself, if I knew how to mod and mod well. So far all I know is how to deactivate the units already implemented in the mod, but I dont know how to extract them with all of the relative paths to textures and units models. So practically beginner level nodding abilities.

Default Re: Update mod with extra options?

I know it's a double post, but I cant figure out how to edit the first one.

Adding onto the above, the mod could also add in a couple of extra start dates besides 1789, giving players extra scenarios to play out like the Seven Years War or War of the Austrian Succession. Things like this would be the sort of update I am suggesting.