Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Portland: Journalist injured during riot between Antifa and Proud Boys.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Default Re: Portland has fallen: the post-apocalyptic result of unchecked leftism.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    No. As I noted when you said previously claimed the FBI said "intend" with the quote marks:
    The article says "The FBI never intended to do so".FBI:
    “I can see where Clark County representatives came to that conclusion. That was not our intention. That’s not what we do, Cannon said’"
    Meaning the FBI did not label them as as such. The CC representatives mis-understood.
    So the FBI didn't intend to label the Proud Boys as extremeists. Meaning they labeled them as such.

Hmm...
    FBI to CC reps: 'Proud Boys have extremists in who are associated with white nationalists.'
    CC reps: 'Talked to FBI. Proud Boys are extremist white nationalists'
    FBI: 'I can see how you concluded that, but that was not our intention, when we said there are extremists among them. We don't do that.'
    Is that direct dialouge between the FBI and CC? Because it looks like you made up that entire conversation.

Was it useless to take it when it was first offered?
    Yep.

Default Re: Portland has fallen: the post-apocalyptic result of unchecked leftism.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    So the FBI didn't intend to label the Proud Boys as extremeists. Meaning they labeled them as such.
    Meaning the CC Sheriff misunderstood.
    But you still have not quoted the FBI labeling the Proud Boys as an extremist white nationalist group.

Is that direct dialouge between the FBI and CC? Because it looks like you made up that entire conversation.
    Does it have "" quote marks indicating it is a "direct dialouge"?
    But my apologies, I thought you would be quick enough on the uptake to understand I was presenting a way to show how the CC officials could misunderstand what the FBI said...

You know, since the FBI says they have not labelled the Proud Boys an extremist group and says they don't do that.

Civitate

Meaning the CC Sheriff misunderstood.
    But you still have not quoted the FBI labeling the Proud Boys as an extremist white nationalist group.

Does it have "" quote marks indicating it is a "direct dialouge"?
    But my apologies, I thought you would be quick enough on the uptake to understand I was presenting a way to show how the CC officials could misunderstand what the FBI said...
    So the FBI didn't intend to label the Proud Boys as an extremeist group and caused a misunderstanding with the CC officials. Glad we're on the same page.

You know, since the FBI says they have not labelled the Proud Boys an extremist group and says they don't do that.
    After backtracking of course. The FBI does label groups as extremeist though.

So the FBI didn't intend to label the Proud Boys as an extremeist group and caused a misunderstanding with the CC officials. Glad we're on the same page.
    If "we're on the same page", as you assert, then that would mean you agree that CC officials misunderstood what the FBI was saying.
    Last edited by Infidel144; July 07, 2019 at 08:33 AM.

Civitate

If "we're on the same page", as you assert, then that would mean you agree that CC officials misunderstood what the FBI was saying.
    I said it caused a misunderstanding with the FBI labeling the Proud Boy as extremeists then backtracking because it wasn't the FBI's intention to do so.

I said it caused a misunderstanding with the FBI labeling the Proud Boy as extremeists then backtracking because it wasn't the FBI's intention to do so.
    What you said was we (you and I) are on the same page. Since my position has been that CC misunderstood what the FBI was saying, then for us to be on the same page, you would need to be agreeing with my position.
    Unless you are being dishonest. And you would not be dishonest, would you?

In the event, the Clark County Sheriff's Office report (dated as received July 5th and completed August 10th 2018) asserts that the FBI has labeled the group extremist.
    In fact, the CC report directly asserts, and I quote:
    "The Proud Boys were publically categorized as an extremist group by the FBI in 2018...".

Since this was done publically, according to the report, it should be reasonably simple to provide a direct quote from the FBI.
    This still has not been done. I wonder why...
    Last edited by Infidel144; July 07, 2019 at 09:17 AM.

Civitate

I don't need a direct quote. I've got your source saying the FBI didn't intend to label them as such. Thats more than enough.

What happened Portland by the way? As far as I can determine the town has not suffered any form of occupation, nor indeed an apocalypse.
    Last edited by mongrel; July 07, 2019 at 10:10 AM.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    What happened Portland by the way? As far as I can determine the town has not suffered any form of occupation, nor indeed an apocalypse.
    Protests and counter-protests happened. Commenters got panicky in their comments. Look, this is not really anything new for any Western country. Life will go on.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Protests and counter-protests happened.
    And there is some 'official' discussion about anti-masking laws.

But no material damage to Portland, no effect on the governance of Portland and no injury to its citizens.

The true issue as far as I can ascertain from the incoherent ranting is whether some obscure person who makes a living from nailing his colours to one side of a culture war can freely do so unmolested.

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    But no material damage to Portland, no effect on the governance of Portland and no injury to its citizens.
    If I am not mistaken, Andy Ngo lives in Portland and was injured when the un-nazi, un-pathetic, un-cowardly antifa engaged in a masked gang-defensive action from behind with weapons, as he was indulging in the murderous behavior of filming.

It seems some Portland police were injured:
    "Two officers were pepper sprayed, an officer was punched in the arm by a demonstrator, and an officer sustained a head injury from a projectile, police said. The injuries were not life-threatening."

CNN noted several days back that there were eight people injured, including three cops.
    Not sure they are all "citizens" of Portland.

This likely incurred additional costs (including ramped up police presence, paramedics); would that be "material damage" (along with whatever vandalism and necessary clean-up happened)?

If the Portland "governance" is going to pass some anti-masking laws, that may also incur additional costs and have some effect on them, particularly if it is brought to court.
    Last edited by Infidel144; July 07, 2019 at 12:26 PM.

If I am not mistaken, Andy Ngo lives in Portland and was injured when the un-nazi, un-pathetic, un-cowardly antifa engaged in a masked gang-defensive action from behind with weapons, as he was indulging in the murderous behavior of filming.

It seems some Portland police were injured:
    "Two officers were pepper sprayed, an officer was punched in the arm by a demonstrator, and an officer sustained a head injury from a projectile, police said. The injuries were not life-threatening."

CNN noted several days back that there were eight people injured, including three cops.
    Not sure they are all "citizens" of Portland.

This likely incurred additional costs (including ramped up police presence, paramedics); would that be "material damage" (along with whatever vandalism and necessary clean-up happened)?

If the Portland "governance" is going to pass some anti-masking laws, that may also incur additional costs and have some effect on them, particularly if it is brought to court.
    I stand corrected, not much by way of injury or damage so it seems. Rather piss-poor for an 'apocalypse'.

Assault is an assault, even if victim doesn't suffer life-threatening injuries.

Praeses

Its a pretty pointless thread. I think the main gist was "left wing people hit a gay non-white man".

I agree with this, if you're at a political rally not showing your face is a declaration of ill will. Maybe there's another side to it, "Big Brother" surveillance etc, as well as religious stuff like the Niqab so it should be talked over.

IIRC there's dead-letter laws in Australia and the UK about "going masked" in public, bu currently its legal.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Assault is an assault, even if victim doesn't suffer life-threatening injuries.
    Yet Portland has not 'fallen' and an apocalypse did not happen.

Much like California, we see Democrats being incapable of doing basic government stuff, be it sanitation in San-Francisco, or not letting left-wing mobs randomly attack people in Portland.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Much like California, we see Democrats being incapable of doing basic government stuff, be it sanitation in San-Francisco, or not letting left-wing mobs randomly attack people in Portland.
    How many people have been attacked in Portland by left-wing mobs in the past month?
    The Armenian Issue

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

I think on the masking thing there is, or at least should ideally be a certain social contract that citizens will not mask their faces, and the government won’t excessively surveil or spy on the citizens. I guess both the British and American governments don’t hold up their end of this hypothetical bargain.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    I think on the masking thing there is, or at least should ideally be a certain social contract that citizens will not mask their faces, and the government won’t excessively surveil or spy on the citizens.
    Yep, couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    I guess both the British and American governments don’t hold up their end of this hypothetical bargain.
    Strong governments and wealthy societies become the victims of their own success. the British Empire had a good run as "top nation" and acquired a wealth of enemies as a result.

In my time in London I was astounded by the racial profiling and fairly open racism/bigotry against Irish Catholics. That said the IRA trying to kill the Queen, the PM etc. Harassing Irish men from Cork living in London was a good place for police to start: I knew a bloke called Gerry (not Adams), one of three Gerrys who frequented my pub, who had his van stopped and searched at least once a month. He was a Corkman with a delivery van and a number of businesses, AFAIK not IRA but you could see why he was targeted.

Me, I never got stopped or searched once, not when i visited Parliament, or Buckingham Palace, never. Apparently Aussies are profiled too (positively), the Poms are only afraid of us on the sports field.

This sort of saturation surveillance works in mitigating terrorism and violence. Racial and religious and gender profiling works too. hey are ugly tools but the Leviathan protects itself with the tools at hand.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat