Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Portland: Journalist injured during riot between Antifa and Proud Boys.

Default Re: Portland has fallen: the post-apocalyptic result of unchecked leftism.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    What? I claimed two of them were men. I was only wrong on one. Never claimed all three were men.
    Hey now, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions about that. I mean, two have male names, and the one that actually looks male identifies as female on xer Facebook page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Default Re: Portland has fallen: the post-apocalyptic result of unchecked leftism.

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    Hey now, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions about that. I mean, two have male names, and the one that actually looks male identifies as female on xer Facebook page.
    Yea i guess i assumed their gender. Can't help it.

I'll wait for more information to come out before we start assuming who they are and their ideologies.
    Last edited by Vanoi; July 02, 2019 at 11:38 AM.

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

What evidence? They didn't present any. But i'm not surprised. You did use a right-wing source to again just confirm your own bias.

I'll be waiting here for you to prove they're all Antifia.
    What am I supposed to produce a membership list with their names on it? It doesn't work like that. Lets look at it another way. If was people who looked like they were Proud Boys that had been arrested, I think we know what the stories run by the likes of Slate, Huffington Post, CNN, Vox and the like would be saying.

But what am I saying, you can't go three for three on identifying consecutive people on their sexes, there is no way you are going to pick up on something requiring that much social context.
    Last edited by Big War Bird; July 02, 2019 at 11:46 AM.
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Big War Bird View Post
    What am I supposed to produce a membership list with their names on it? It doesn't work like that. Lets look at it another way. If was people who looked like they were Proud Boys that had been arrested,
    It does work like that though. Thats exactly how evidence works. How did we know James Fields was a white supremacist? Because they found evidence that openly participated in one.

I think we know what the stories run by the likes of Slate, Huffington Post, CNN, Vox and the like would be saying.
    Well the Huffpost is actually blaming the alt-right to they point they are trying to claim it could have been an alt-righter who attacked the journalist.. I don't believe that but you'd surprised.

Portland is still looking to arrest others too. Wanna take a bet they're not going to be all Antifia?
    Last edited by Vanoi; July 02, 2019 at 11:52 AM.

It does work like that though

So far as I know Antifa does not keep membership lists. They wear masks in public when they are beating people vandalizing property, that makes it hard for them to identify.

White supremacists - not as smart as Antifa people, they do leave paper trails with their names on it. They do show up without masks.

Its been a while since Charlottesville, but in the hours and days afterward I don't recall seeing his picture and having a scant bit of info on James Fields and thinking, I just can't tell what he's all about. Maybe you did, I didn't.

Portland is still looking to arrest others too. Wanna take a bet they're not going to be all Antifia?
    Wanna make a bet on those three already arrested? If they are Proud Boys, I will log out of TWC and never return, If they are Antifa, you log out for good.
    Last edited by Big War Bird; July 02, 2019 at 01:28 PM.
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Sure. The un-pathetic, un-nazi, un-coward Antifa engaged in a masked, armed, gang-defense from behind action on a lbgtqa journalist of color (you would likely refer to him as a 'brown person' (he is East Asian/Vietnamese do you refer East Asians as 'brown people' as you do with various other ethnicities?) on Saturday and put him in a hospital. The journalist had engaged in the violent, murderous behavior called filming...
    HTH
    Can someone else translate the OP into standard English please? Infidel had just one job and he failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Prodromos View Post
    I see what you did. Actually the site you refer to is quite biting with it's satire. See this...

https://babylonbee.com/news/tactical...-now-available
    Last edited by mongrel; July 02, 2019 at 12:40 PM.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    Uh, yes?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-ne...ist-chat-room/

Are they though? My impression is that most people don't even know what Antifa is and even if they do I don't think most people would support their violent activities. I think Antifa is more of a convenient bogeyman to be honest and if anything conservative media constantly harping on about Antifa has only made the organisation more visible/popular.
    In the worst case here they are defending Trump. And even Trump isn't defending the killer.

Had Trump or Fox said ''the killer acted in self-defense'' then you'd have a point. For the sake of that one, I think that was the Daily Stormer argument and the consequence of it is that they get booted from multiple countries ISPs. Should we give the same treatment to Huff Post and Haaretz?

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

So far as I know Antifa does not keep membership lists. They wear masks in public when they are beating people vandalizing property, that makes it hard for them to identify.

White supremacists - not as smart Antifa people, they do leave paper trails with their names on it. They do show up without masks.
    I think football hooligans could fit in that list.

Honestly, I think these thugs are often people (mostly young men) who know or fear they won't amount to anything on their own, so they join some group of likeminded people to help shore up their low self esteem. It's a human enough impulse, but only the weak give in to it.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

hey ponti, congrats for getting that job at breitbart, or was it infowars? daily stormer?

surprised you didnt mention the magic cement they threw at him, disguised as milkshakes. which they were allegedly also drinking, being supersoldiers and all that.

as to your question, we will have antifa as long as we have fascists, since people like you and mr. Ngo cant be arsed not to do your damnest to be their willing accomplices.

do i have to remind you what happens the moment "minorities" of whatever kind are no longer useful to the far-right?
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; July 02, 2019 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    hey ponti, congrats for getting that job at breitbart, or was it infowars? daily stormer?
    Or maybe he just has a real job, unlike some.

as to your question, we will have antifa as long as we have fascists,
    Your definition of "fascist" is amazingly flexible. May I ask who is not a fascist, according to you?

do i have to remind you what happens the moment "minorities" of whatever kind are no longer useful to the far-right?
    The only thing your graph tells me is how retarded the terms "left" and "right" are when it comes to political movements. Why is one brand of racist included in the "right" section and the other in the "left"?
    Well at least it's from the ADL and not the SPLC.

Praeses

Keen to see the start of the fight with Ngo, so we can put my fake Proud Boys rumour to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post

Last time I checked, the "Proud Boys" were conservative, not alt-right. Unless the latter term now includes any vaguely patriotic people of all races.
    Its fascinating googling these freaks. There's a comedian called Vic Berger who stitches them up in one of his videos.

That KKK hunting group SPLC says they are a far-right Hate Group. They have a subgroup called the Knights of Something Something, the former 2-I-C once sacrificed a goat and drank its blood (he said it wasn't done sadistically though so its OK), and he doesn't believe in eugenics any more.

You can't make this stuff up.

Proud Boys hide their membership too. I think the founder and leader of this self described gang of baby eaters denies it was ever a gang or that he led or founded it. Then there's that weird video of him with a sex toy (definitely didn't need to see that), its blurred thankfully. Weird flex, not sure how it furthers white supremacy...

No doubt the FBI is all over their social media. My step daughter is involved in some mild environmental protesting and the "leadership group" got scooped up in one night in a series of raids, which messed up plans for a big rally.

Easy enough to infiltrate superficially I would imagine but online comms can be slippery. They bagged these three pretty quick so they'd be fringe drones.

.White supremacists - not as smart as Antifa people, they do leave paper trails with their names on it. They do show up without masks.
    I dunno, if they ramble around looking for fights they all look equally stupid to me.

.Its been a while since Charlottesville, but in the hours and days afterward I don't recall seeing his picture and having a scant bit of info on James Fields and thinking, I just can't tell what he's all about. Maybe you did, I didn't.
    There was the usual blaze of assumptions from the usual people, maybe one or two fair minded people said 'lets wait and see".

.Wanna make a bet on those three already arrested? If they are Proud Boys, I will log out of TWC and never return, If they are Antifa, you log out for good.
    Not a fair bet, we're here to chat amiably. On a sports site I frequent they make "sig bets", loser has to carry a sig of the winners choice for [set period]. Shame is acquired, and banter continues.

It goes without saying that this assault should be condemned but pretending like this is anything but a minor crime perpetrated by a bunch of thugs who are hardly representative of the wider liberal population is pretty cringeworthy. I suppose some conseratives, much like their left wing counterparts, enjoy feeling outraged and victimised and I guess this is just the latest incident to facilitate it, because on the face of it, this really isn't a big deal, even if Ted Cruz is calling for the impeachment of the city's Democrats.
    Indeed, its grist for the Nervous Nellys to mill over and over. Pretty tame apocalypse if there's only three horsepersons, and Portland falls to quick drying cement.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Civitate

There's plenty of anti-facist groups with known members. Shouldn't be hard.

White supremacists - not as smart as Antifa people, they do leave paper trails with their names on it. They do show up without masks.
    Can't help that can we?

Its been a while since Charlottesville, but in the hours and days afterward I don't recall seeing his picture and having a scant bit of info on James Fields and thinking, I just can't tell what he's all about. Maybe you did, I didn't.
    There's a picture of him with some white supremacist group. Thats how he got found out.

Wanna make a bet on those three already arrested? If they are Proud Boys, I will log out of TWC and never return, If they are Antifa, you log out for good.
    Hey i'll admit if i'm wrong. How about i make a bet. If they arrest a Proud Boy or one of the other alt righters you log out for good. If no Proud Boys ir alt righters are arrested i won't come back to TWC ever. Deal?

Hey i'll admit if i'm wrong. How about i make a bet. If they arrest a Proud Boy or one of the other alt righters you log out for good. If no Proud Boys ir alt righters are arrested i won't come back to TWC ever. Deal?
    We need a time limit - one week from the June 29th

-Ella Hill

Civitate

We need a time limit - one week from the June 29th
    Whats wrong? Afriad a Proud boy is going to get arrested?

Whats wrong? Afriad a Proud boy is going to get arrested?
    If there is no time limit, I can never hold you to the bet. What are you afraid of? you are the one touting police statements that the fighting was mutual. Given that the don't typically wear masks they should be easy enough to identify.
    Last edited by Big War Bird; July 02, 2019 at 09:04 PM.

-Ella Hill

Let's take a look how the liberal media are covering it once again:

It's like a key requirement to write for the NYT is being a dishonest, lying piece of garbage.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; July 03, 2019 at 07:41 AM.

Alright, here are the additional wanted suspects...

Motorcycle Helmet Guy wanted for assault:

Black Hat Guy wanted for assault:

Magenta Hat Guy wanted for assault:

Shirtless Guy wanted for assault:

Allegedly Female wanted for assault:

Robbery Suspect:

Source: Portland Police Bureau 1 & 2

It seems odd to publish a story with a headline like this: Police seek help finding 3 suspects from Portland protests, but then not post any pictures of the suspects or even link to the police website where one can see the pics, which is typical of the coverage from what I can see.

The Associated Press apparently thought this pic was more relevant than one directly related to the headline:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post

Shirtless Guy wanted for assault:

Can't make up my mind if he's seen things you people wouldn't believe, or he met her in a pub in Grafton Street.

edit; stout guy getting pepper-sprayed is wearing an Akubra Cattleman? I have that hat. Not that waistline though, not anymore.
    Last edited by Cyclops; July 03, 2019 at 12:17 AM.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Yeah, that's the one.
    Did you know Trump had said "...and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally" in that press conferece?
    Funny that I can't find any evidence of Any Proud boys being aggressive, even when reading the likes of HuffPo. But hey like the black man that looked a white man straight in the eyes in, I'm sure Andy Ngo deserved it.
    I have read of Proud Boys er... starting wub, though this tends to be with the un-pathetic, un-coward, un-nazi Antifa (New York as I recall, a couple months ago). They don't seem to have the same habit of the un-pathetic, un-cowards of un-nazi antifa who only engage in masked gang defense with weapons from behind against journalists, wheelchair bound WW2 veterans, old ladies, Bernie supporters, soldiers on leave, random passers by, police, etc (in addition to breaking windows, smashing cars, starting fires and other good natured activities). I mean, 'liberals get the bullet too'.
    No you'd be in the wrong too. Self defense only works when you have no choice or means of escape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithradates View Post
    I dont think that you have a duty to retreat in Oregon.
    https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2016/08/experts_weigh_in_on_oregons_ca.html
    If you're in your house.
    No.
    "Thanks to the 2007 State of Oregon v. Sandoval ruling by the state Supreme Court, Oregon doesn’t require a “duty to retreat,” either. Eighteen states do have a duty to retreat—that is, they require an attempt to escape an encounter before the use of deadly force."
    https://www.superlawyers.com/oregon/...7899cc391.html
    Oregon v Sandoval:
    https://caselaw.findlaw.com/or-supre...t/1221783.html

Some previous defensive reactions by the un-pathetic, un-coward, un-nazi antifa towards murderous neo-nazi reporters from The Atlantic, KTVU, Reuters, CBS noted here:
    https://jessesingal.substack.com/p/i...-a-debate-over
    A witness:
    https://thefederalist.com/2019/07/02...ened-pictures/
    Last edited by Infidel144; July 03, 2019 at 06:58 AM.

Civitate

You cited law regarding the use of deadly force. Thats not the same as a regular fight. You also have to prove you feared for your life when use deadly force.

@BWB Couple months should be fine. Your ti.e limit that started days ago before this argument is too short. But i understand why you made it so short. Too afraid to lose the bet?