Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 340

Thread: Portland: Journalist injured during riot between Antifa and Proud Boys.

  1. #201

    Default Re: Portland has fallen: the post-apocalyptic result of unchecked leftism.

    Quote Originally Posted by The spartan View Post
    Who is the "us"?
    If we consider the Generation Identity movement as nothing more than freaks, then.......................



    Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    I have been assured by eye witness testimony through deranged family members that Portland is doing great. .
    You are seriously calling your own kinfolk 'deranged'?
    Last edited by alhoon; July 14, 2019 at 10:03 PM. Reason: off topic personal reference removed
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

    "Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

  2. #202

    Default Re: Portland has fallen: the post-apocalyptic result of unchecked leftism.

    Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    If we consider the Generation Identity movement as nothing more than freaks, then.......................
    I actually find it interesting: the "us" pretty much highlights the reactionary nature of the movement. Basil considers Nationalists an international community solely because of it's opposition to globalization. Otherwise, internationally-minded nationalists would make not a lick of sense.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

  3. #203

    Default Re: Portland has fallen: the post-apocalyptic result of unchecked leftism.

    Do you realize that the ''international community'' is composed of.. nations? Just to point out how cretinous your argument is.
    I mean, what the do you think the United Nations means?

  4. #204

    Default Re: Portland has fallen: the post-apocalyptic result of unchecked leftism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Do you realize that the ''international community'' is composed of.. nations? Just to point out how cretinous your argument is.
    I mean, what the do you think the United Nations means?
    Nationalism=/=Nations. A nation may belong to the United Nations, but a Nationalist government would not be part of (in any significant way) an international community like the United Nations. This is why, you know, the Nationalistic governments of the 30s withdrew from the League of Nations; Nationalists aren't going to take recommendations from an international community. Italian Nationalists literally experienced this first hand in the Second World War (as did many of the Axis powers): they had had Nationalistically-minded focus that cooperated with other Nationalistic allies in the area. And then the war started to get real bad for Italy and a person who was concerned with the well being of Italy wanted to surrender to the Allies, only, it wasn't in the interest of Germany for Italy to surrender, so they took over your government to ensure the Italian institutions served German interests.

    Almost by definition Nationalist governments are not going to cooperate over issues they see differently. How do you actually hold an international community together that way? Common enemies seem to be the only solution ever used to bind them together.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

  5. #205

    Default Re: Portland has fallen: the post-apocalyptic result of unchecked leftism.

    The US currently has a nationalist govt. So do Russia and India and Israel. China does as well. Most of Eastern Europe too. Italy too. They are all UN members. The Visegrad group is a great example of like-minded nationalist governments cooperating in the name of shared interests.
    Your argument is a pile of nonsense. You went on to choose the most extreme examples of out possibly hundreds of cases and say ''nationalism bad''. Which is actually very ironic if we decide to compare for instance to socialist countries. Here the ratio of baddies to total countries is 1:1.

    If you are for a world of nation-states, you are a nationalist. If you want a world government, supranational rule of technocratic elites, you are a globalist.

  6. #206
    Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,141

    Default Re: Portland has fallen: the post-apocalyptic result of unchecked leftism.

    There’s a lot to unpack here. Putting the hysterics of the OP aside for a second, there are three arguments that need to be made on the beating of Mr. Ngo.

    Firstly, we must see what happened and why. The source provided, the Federalist, recounts the story of the beating during a protest in Portland. The obvious question one would have is: why such a thing happened? A google and a twitter search later, it seems Mr. Ngo was allegedly infiltrating rallies and protests of leftist causes with the intention of doxing protesters. The result of his actions were a series of beatings and death threats handed by various neo-nazi groups to Mr. Ngo’s “victims”. Mr. Ngo was not welcomed by protesters on basis of those practices and is the most logical reason why his beating took place. Here’s just one of my findings.

    But this is a wrong line of argumentation and what the OP and the conservative debaters here expect you to make. A better argument would be to question whether the beating of a man at a protest, or the rest of bits and pieces presented on this thread so far is indicative of a social epidemic of post apocalyptic magnitudes. If the answer to this question is negative, then the OP and those supporting his thesis are just blowing separate incidents out of proportion and there’s nothing more to it.

    Secondly, the OP seems to characterize antifa as leftists, thereby implying that all antifa are leftists and ergo, all leftists are antifa. The possibility that within the group he collectively calls “The Left” are various factions with vastly different ideologies and tools to implement their goals seems to fly way over the OP’s head.

    Lastly, we must address the issue of violence. Here it comes! As a society, we have all agreed that the right to violence can only be exercised by the state and its instruments, namely the police and the army – it is for this reason that when these instruments commit violence we call it an ‘application of force’, with varying degrees of severity [non-lethal to lethal], requiring the appropriate justification so that the legitimacy of the state using violence can be preserved. This is all to the good.

    Taking this axiom as a base we can begin to discuss violence as an action perpetrated by non-state agents, such as the fascists and the antifa.

    Plainly seen, the two groups have such vast differences of approach that even putting them on the same scale is ridiculous. On the one hand you have fascism, an ideology that idolizes a happy, prosperous past that was lost due to degeneracy and weakness; for this reason, the fascist steps forward to stem out the things that according to his way of thinking have caused, or threaten to cause, the downfall of his country. Taking it a step further, the nazis operate under the assumption that the degeneracy and the weakness is somehow present in the blood, and so by removing the undesirables the future can be secured. Antifa on the other hand can commit violent attacks against the fascists and the Nazis with the justification that these attacks are made in the defence of others.

    The main difference lies in the fact that, where you to be cornered by a Nazi, or a fascist for that matter, the cause of your imminent beating/murder is who you are: the color of your skin, your jewish-looking mug, your curly hair, your brown eyes and on and on and on. You can’t do anything about it because nothing will convince them not to attack – the reason is beyond your control, is part of who and what you are as a person [which they don’t see you as].

    The important fact here is that antifa exist as a reaction to the violence perpetrated by the nazis, fascists and others of the same ideology tree. Their whole reason for being is to oppose them; the anti- meaning against and fa- meaning fascism. They have no further observable political agenda, demands, or organization. The same cannot be said of the Nazis and the fascists though; once the homeland is cleansed to their satisfaction, these people will look outwards to cleanse others. In every county an ideology of this tree was present the same process of internal cleansing turning to external conquest and then cleansing is observable.

    So, how do we end the violence? Quite simply, see the effect and the cause for it and deal with it. Speaking for a country that had its rise of neo-nazis and antifa fighting it out on the streets, I can report that the activities of the letter all but ceased when Golden Dawn members were first arrested. The minimal action from the antifa in the country still remaining is, to my understanding, due to the dragging out process of the trial and the presence of other, less numerous and less ambitious groups of right-wing extremists.

    With one sentence: The moment you recognize that you have an extreme right-wing problem in your country and deal with it in a decisive manner, the sooner you will see the vigilantes go back to their normal days.

    PS1: No, I do not support violence. I believe that the ultimate refuge of the citizen is the law. I'm middle class like that.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; July 15, 2019 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Unnecessary.
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

  7. #207

    Default Re: Portland has fallen: the post-apocalyptic result of unchecked leftism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    The US currently has a nationalist govt. So do Russia and India and Israel. China does as well. Most of Eastern Europe too. Italy too. They are all UN members. The Visegrad group is a great example of like-minded nationalist governments cooperating in the name of shared interests.
    Your argument is a pile of nonsense. You went on to choose the most extreme examples of out possibly hundreds of cases and say ''nationalism bad''. Which is actually very ironic if we decide to compare for instance to socialist countries. Here the ratio of baddies to total countries is 1:1.

    If you are for a world of nation-states, you are a nationalist. If you want a world government, supranational rule of technocratic elites, you are a globalist.
    You aren't keeping up; I never said "Nationalism bad", I said the idea of an international community of nationalists is self-contradictory, it only exists as a reaction to globalization. If you are a nationalist, you don't particularly care about the outcomes of other nations except for how they directly effect your own nation's interests.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

  8. #208

    Default Re: Portland has fallen: the post-apocalyptic result of unchecked leftism.

    Antifa has sent journalists to the emergency room, most notably Andy Ngo, a gay asian man, because he does not adhere to the orthodox democrat/progressive ideology. The left had committed itself to extremist ideology, None of the baker's dozen democrat candidates have announced this act other than Biden. The far left extremist ideologues now dominate the democratic party. If the democratic nominees had any sense they would stretegize close to the center. They haven't. Evidently the average democrat now endorses abortion up to the moment of birth, completely open borders, free healthcare to illegal immigrants, and honestly whatever idiotic progressive moment you want. They will latch on to it.

    In light of this, does anyone really think a democrat will be elected in 2020?

  9. #209

    Default Re: Portland has fallen: the post-apocalyptic result of unchecked leftism.

    Secondly, the OP seems to characterize antifa as leftists, thereby implying that all antifa are leftists and ergo, all leftists are antifa. The possibility that within the group he collectively calls “The Left” are various factions with vastly different ideologies and tools to implement their goals seems to fly way over the OP’s head.
    Are you implying Antifa is not left wing? How convenient.... just google antifa. Just because they are on the extreme, doesn't make them any less of a left wing group.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; July 15, 2019 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Continuity.

  10. #210

    Default Re: Portland has fallen: the post-apocalyptic result of unchecked leftism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kritias View Post
    The source provided, the Federalist, recounts the story of the beating during a protest in Portland. The obvious question one would have is: why such a thing happened? A google and a twitter search later, it seems Mr. Ngo was allegedly infiltrating rallies and protests of leftist causes with the intention of doxing protesters. The result of his actions were a series of beatings and death threats handed by various neo-nazi groups to Mr. Ngo’s “victims”. Mr. Ngo was not welcomed by protesters on basis of those practices and is the most logical reason why his beating took place. Here’s just one of my findings.
    By "infiltrating" do you mean Ngo attempted "to become a member of a group or organization to secretly gather information about its activities".
    Or that he rather openly went and started filming the antifa protests and reporting on his observations?


    Secondly, the OP seems to characterize antifa as leftists, thereby implying that all antifa are leftists and ergo, all leftists are antifa.
    How does saying antifa is "leftist" therefore mean "all leftists are antifa"?
    If I say communists are leftists does that mean all leftists are communists?


    The possibility that within the group he collectively calls “The Left” are various factions with vastly different ideologies and tools to implement their goals seems to fly way over the OP’s head. I shall therefore judge him on basis of his expressed sentiments of security and order as a right-wing and call him a nazi; if he takes offense on the characterization, he shall have understood the error of his ways and we shall be both the better for it.
    The OP does not contain the phrase you quote "The Left".
    Since you are saying nazis are right wing, are you calling all right-wingers nazis?
    And since you are calling Pontifex Maximus a nazi, can you lay out the positions he holds that make him a nazi?
    Or is more in line with what antifa does, when it starts calling others nazi/fascist?


    Taking it a step further, the nazis operate under the assumption that the degeneracy and the weakness is somehow present in the blood, and so by removing the undesirables the future can be secured. Antifa on the other hand can commit violent attacks against the fascists and the Nazis with the justification that these attacks are made in the defence of others.
    The main difference lies in the fact that, where you to be cornered by a Nazi, or a fascist for that matter, the cause of your imminent beating/murder is who you are: the color of your skin, your jewish-looking mug, your curly hair, your brown eyes and on and on and on. You can’t do anything about it because nothing will convince them not to attack – the reason is beyond your control, is part of who and what you are as a person [which they don’t see you as].
    Does antifa only attack actual nazis and fascists?
    Or does antifa attack people that antifa calls nazis/fascists?
    The important fact here is that antifa exist as a reaction to the violence perpetrated by the nazis, fascists and others of the same ideology tree.
    What is that "violence"? Is it anything antifa says is violence?
    What is that "ideological tree"? Is it anything antifa defines it as?
    Liberals get the bullet too...


    Their whole reason for being is to oppose them; the anti- meaning against and fa- meaning fascism. They have no further observable political agenda, demands, or organization.
    "No borders, no wall, no USA at all"
    Communist flags. Anarchist flags.
    With one sentence: The moment you recognize that you have an extreme right-wing problem in your country and deal with it in a decisive manner, the sooner you will see the vigilantes go back to their normal days.
    What "extreme right-wing problem"?
    Last edited by Infidel144; July 14, 2019 at 09:00 PM.

  11. #211
    Praefectus
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,329

    Default Re: Portland has fallen: the post-apocalyptic result of unchecked leftism.

    Wait so Ngo is a doxxer, and there were no concrete milkshakes? This entire story stinks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    What "extreme right-wing problem"?
    The US doesn't have a massive terrorism problem but the right wing terrorists do kill more than other types of US terrorists: as in this case things get blown out of all proportion.

    I mean zero deaths would be nice, what's tolerable? Its not massive though.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

  12. #212

    Default Re: Portland has fallen: the post-apocalyptic result of unchecked leftism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Wait so Ngo is a doxxer, and there were no concrete milkshakes? This entire story stinks.
    Well, from what I can get from the link, what it says is:
    "Andy and his buddies at Quillette decided to dox several journalists (some of whom were Jewish), claiming them to be “members” of AntiFa."
    What it links to is this article:
    https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a8966176.html


    This notes, including the author(s), that Quilette (though not specifically Ngo) named a number of reporters that it indicated had ties to antifa.
    I'm not quite sure how naming these people which the author(s) say are "popular reporters and authors" is doxxing...

    The article also mentions something about Ngo targeting CAIR. I'm not sure how getting into twitter fight with CAIR is doxxing.

    Have the police retracted or clarified about the 'concrete milkshakes'?

  13. #213
    Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,141

    Default Re: Portland has fallen: the post-apocalyptic result of unchecked leftism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Are you implying Antifa is not left wing? How convenient.... just google antifa. Just because they are on the extreme, doesn't make them any less of a left wing group.
    No, I am clearly stating that the OP used the word 'leftists' to describe antifa, as if the entirety of all leftist groups partake in anti-fascist action. And, suprisingly, no - not all antifa are leftists. Anti fascist action can take many forms and is generally grass root organized. And while the majority of antifa probably are on the left wing of the spectrum, there are a lot of people from the center, many conservatives with ties to those who fought fascism and even the liberal right who oppose the fascists. A lot of people demonstrate specific issues on specific areas and not all of those people are ideologically homogeneous.

    By "infiltrating" do you mean Ngo attempted "to become a member of a group or organization to secretly gather information about its activities".
    Or that he rather openly went and started filming the antifa protests and reporting on his observations?
    I said, he infiltrated with the intention of doxing protesters and other journalists. I provided a source too. If his reason was to report his observation, he wouldn't reveal identifying information on the internet, information that could [and was!] used to attack and threaten those protesters. Mr. Ngo wasn't attacked because he was a journalist. He was attacked because he had previously released identifying information of journalists and protestors calling them members of antifa and thus putting their lives in danger.

    How does saying antifa is "leftist" therefore mean "all leftists are antifa"?
    If I say communists are leftists does that mean all leftists are communists?
    Talking about the violence of the leftists as if all leftists are antifa, insinuates the equation leftist=antifa.

    The OP does not contain the phrase you quote "The Left".
    Since you are saying nazis are right wing, are you calling all right-wingers nazis?
    And since you are calling Pontifex Maximus a nazi, is that not rather similar to what antifa does, saying anyone who is not antifa is a nazi/fascist?
    The OP asks how long until the mainstream left disavows its militant arm, the antifa. That means some sort of connection between the two, not recognizing different factions. The OP also says 'leftist, majority hell scape cities' [sic]. The insinuation is clear. The phrase "the Left" was used for convenience of argument.

    No, calling the OP a Nazi is the logical equivalent of his argument. If the mainstream left does not disavow, then it must support the antifa. Ergo, the mainstream left is partly or wholly responsible for antifa violence. Which argument, when turned on its head, means that if the mainstream right does not disavow violence from extreme right wing people then it supports Nazi crimes.

    I am pointing out the ridiculousness of simplification. Which should be obvious by my statement here "if he takes offense on the characterization, he shall have understood the error of his ways and we shall be both the better for it." Since you take offence for him, then I guess my argument struck true.

    Does antifa only attack nazis and fascists? Or does antifa attacking people that antifa calls nazis/fascists?
    Yes, and yes. Are you asking whether the antifa vigilantes can mischaracterize someone as a fascist/nazi? Then, yes. It has happened. But if you strut around with fascist iconography you run a 99% higher risk of being cornered by the antifa than if you didn't. So, relax your middle-class sensitivities.

    What is that "violence"? Is it anything antifa says is violence?
    What is that "ideological tree"? Is it anything antifa defines it as?
    Liberals get the bullet too...
    It's true that liberals have taken one for the team, on a few occasions. Ideological tree is the sum of ideologies springing from Nazism/Fascism and its predecessors. You see, authoritarians have wisened up to the fact that they need to brand better and casually change their hides. But if you have an elementary understanding of political philosophy, its rather obvious. But don't fret! From what I've seen, you don't get attacked for minding your own business.

    "No borders, no wall, no USA at all"
    Communist flags. Anarchist flags.
    Are you referring to the anarchist movement? The Communist-anarchist movement? If you profile the antifa as dudes dressed in black with masks to protect their identities alone, then you're bound to mistake them. Antifa people are simply against the fascists. Their slogans and banners are against the fascists. If you run into anarchists and think they are antifa, its not the antifa's problem. Or, you could just refer to them trolling the fascists. Things like that tend to happen, just to get the veins in your local fascist's face popping.

    What extreme-right problem?
    Maybe this? Or this? Could it be this? Oh, my! This? No? This? Doesn't ring a bell? Could this help joggle your memory?
    Last edited by Kritias; July 14, 2019 at 09:57 PM.
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

  14. #214

    Default Re: Portland has fallen: the post-apocalyptic result of unchecked leftism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kritias View Post
    I said, he infiltrated with the intention of doxing protesters and other journalists. I provided a source too.
    I did not ask about what you claim his intention was. I asked what you meant by "infiltrating".
    This is non responsive.

    If his reason was to report his observation, he wouldn't reveal identifying information on the internet, information that could [and was!] used to attack and threaten those protesters. Mr. Ngo wasn't attacked because he was a journalist. He was attacked because he had previously released identifying information of journalists and protestors calling them members of antifa and thus putting their lives in danger.
    As I noted to Cyclops what the article you linked to claims is:
    ""Andy and his buddies at Quillette decided to dox several journalists (some of whom were Jewish), claiming them to be “members” of AntiFa."What it links to is this article:
    https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a8966176.html

    I'm not sure how naming "popular reporters and authors" (done by another author at Quilette, though reportedly used by Ngo) is doxxing. Was Quilette giving out home addresses?



    Talking about the violence of the leftists as if all leftists are antifa, insinuates the equation leftist=antifa.

    The OP asks how long until the mainstream left disavows its militant arm, the antifa. That means some sort of connection between the two, not recognizing different factions. The OP also says 'leftist, majority hell scape cities' [sic]. The insinuation is clear. The phrase "the Left" was used for convenience of argument.
    I.e. He did not say that all leftists are antifa. You are pretending he said that, when you could ask if that is what he was saying...

    No, calling the OP a Nazi is the logical equivalent of his argument. If the mainstream left does not disavow, then it must support the antifa. Ergo, the mainstream left is partly or wholly responsible for antifa violence. Which argument, when turned on its head, means that if the mainstream right does not disavow violence from extreme right wing people then it supports Nazi crimes.

    I am pointing out the ridiculousness of simplification. Which should be obvious by my statement here "if he takes offense on the characterization, he shall have understood the error of his ways and we shall be both the better for it." Since you take offence for him, then I guess my argument struck true.
    How did I take offence for him? Did I say anything about being offended? Or are you inventing a position for me?


    Yes, and yes. Are you asking whether the antifa vigilantes can mischaracterize someone as a fascist/nazi? Then, yes. It has happened. But if you strut around with fascist iconography you run a 99% higher risk of being cornered by the antifa than if you didn't. So, relax your middle-class sensitivities.
    So Bernie supporting Democrats are nazis, a BLM leader is a nazi. Main-stream reporters are nazis, police are nazis, random passers by are nazis. Wheel chair bound WWII veterans are nazis, soldiers on leave are nazis, coffee shops are nazis, universities are nazis, people driving down the street are nazis, the WTO are nazis....

    Or, is it that to the un-cowards of the un-nazi, un-pathetic antifa don't "mischaracterize" but rather "characterize" others as nazis (when they are not with antifa) and then engage in their masked gang defensive actions from behind with weapons like the un-nazi un-cowards they are?

    What "middle-class sensitivities"?

    Does antifa get to define what "fascist iconography" is?


    It's true that liberals have taken one for the team, on a few occasions.
    The team? Would that "team" include antifa?

    Ideological tree is the sum of ideologies springing from Nazism/Fascism and its predecessors. You see, authoritarians have wisened up to the fact that they need to brand better and casually change their hides. But if you have an elementary understanding of political philosophy, its rather obvious. But don't fret! From what I've seen, you don't get attacked for minding your own business.
    Non-responsive.
    What ideological tree? What are these ideologies? Name them.
    Also: What is that "violence" that antifa responds to? Is it anything antifa says is "violence"?



    Are you referring to the anarchist movement? The Communist-anarchist movement? If you profile the antifa as dudes dressed in black with masks to protect their identities alone, then you're bound to mistake them. Antifa people are simply against the fascists. Their slogans and banners are against the fascists. If you run into anarchists and think they are antifa, its not the antifa's problem. Or, you could just refer to them trolling the fascists. Things like that tend to happen, just to get the veins in your local fascist's face popping.
    I'm referring to antifa which regularly goes to protests with commie flags and anarchist flags. Are you saying that they are not antifa?
    https://www.google.com/search?q=anti...w=1536&bih=752



    Maybe this? Or this? Could it be this? Oh, my! This? No? This? Doesn't ring a bell? Could this help joggle your memory?
    Several of those refer to the same event (Charlottesville) others seem to be some idiots rallying with what a dozen or two people and vastly outnumbered by counter protesters, who call the cops nazis and attack them. While antifa has been around well before those events.
    Last edited by Infidel144; July 14, 2019 at 11:18 PM.

  15. #215

    Default Re: Portland has fallen: the post-apocalyptic result of unchecked leftism.

    I’m not sure Infidel actually read the independent piece all the way through.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

  16. #216

    Default Re: Portland has fallen: the post-apocalyptic result of unchecked leftism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    I’m not sure Infidel actually read the independent piece all the way through.
    Well, I think I did, though it keeps screwing up for me with pop-ups and ads (so does the original link). What did I miss?

    ====
    In other news arrests, charges, indictments:
    "A probable cause affidavit says Halupowski was one of many protestors involved in a fight at Pioneer Courthouse Square. In the affidavit, a Portland police officer states that several people in black clothes and masks were chasing a man, and then kicked, punched and hit him with batons after he fell to the ground. The officer said he saw Halupowski run up behind Adam Kelly, a man who had tried to stop the group from beating the other man, and struck him on top of the head with an expandable baton. The report also states that when another Portland police officer attempted to arrest Halupowski, he punched her in the arm and then ran away before being arrested.

    Two others were charged with harassment and disorderly conduct at the June 29 protests, and both have court dates set for Aug. 9. James Stocks, 20, faces four counts of harassment, and is suspected of throwing a milkshake at a group of people. Maria Dehart, 22, was charged with one count of harassment and one of second-degree disorderly conduct, for allegedly throwing a water bottle at a man who was recording the protest."

    https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/201...9-protest.html
    Last edited by Infidel144; July 15, 2019 at 12:08 AM.

  17. #217
    Praefectus
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,329

    Default Re: Portland has fallen: the post-apocalyptic result of unchecked leftism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Well, from what I can get from the link, what it says is:
    "Andy and his buddies at Quillette decided to dox several journalists (some of whom were Jewish), claiming them to be “members” of AntiFa."
    What it links to is this article:
    https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a8966176.html


    This notes, including the author(s), that Quilette (though not specifically Ngo) named a number of reporters that it indicated had ties to antifa.
    I'm not quite sure how naming these people which the author(s) say are "popular reporters and authors" is doxxing...

    The article also mentions something about Ngo targeting CAIR. I'm not sure how getting into twitter fight with CAIR is doxxing.
    He tweeted the name of a known antifa saboteur when video emerged of her being knocked out with a club (these retractable clubs are a menace). I guess this one depends on your definition of doxxing but it looks like he at least has a case (he flet her identity was relevant to reporting becaus eof past activity, normally you don't dox victims of assault).

    Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Have the police retracted or clarified about the 'concrete milkshakes'?
    Didn't the cops request confirmation about a rumour? Snopes says its fake.

    This one is nasty, the agitprop mill is whirring from a few different directions.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

  18. #218

    Default Re: Portland has fallen: the post-apocalyptic result of unchecked leftism.

    Quote Originally Posted by The spartan View Post
    You aren't keeping up; I never said "Nationalism bad", I said the idea of an international community of nationalists is self-contradictory, it only exists as a reaction to globalization. If you are a nationalist, you don't particularly care about the outcomes of other nations except for how they directly effect your own nation's interests.
    1. Nationalism isn't the opposite of internationalism nor does it imply isolationism. "The idea of an international community of nationalists" is not, therefore, "self-contradictory".
    2. Altruism is ignored by virtually every sovereign polity on earth. Foreign policies are almost always determined by self-interest whether the policy maker is nationalist or not.
    Last edited by ep1c_fail; July 15, 2019 at 01:41 AM.

  19. #219

    Default Re: Portland has fallen: the post-apocalyptic result of unchecked leftism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Didn't the cops request confirmation about a rumour? Snopes says its fake.

    This one is nasty, the agitprop mill is whirring from a few different directions.
    "Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler's office has confirmed that only one person—a police lieutenant—reported that a milkshake thrown during a Saturday protest in downtown Portland might have contained quick-dry cement. Despite the Portland Police Bureau (PPB) publishing a mid-protest tweet Saturday stating this concerning claim as fact, there is no physical proof to substantiate this unnamed lieutenant's allegation."
    and:
    "Although the city has no additional evidence to support this claim, King says that PPB's decision to fire off this tweet without confirming its validity was responsible, and an "operational necessity.""
    https://www.portlandmercury.com/blog...ilkshake-rumor
    Hmm...
    If I am not mistaken, Kritias source claims it was a "nazi" who said it. Portland says it was a cop. Kritias source also seems to be trying to pass it off as if the assertion was that these "concrete milkshakes" were actual pieces of concrete.
    Last edited by Infidel144; July 15, 2019 at 02:40 AM.

  20. #220

    Default Re: Portland has fallen: the post-apocalyptic result of unchecked leftism.

    Quote Originally Posted by ep1c_fail View Post
    1. Nationalism isn't the opposite of internationalism nor does it imply isolationism. "The idea of an international community of nationalists" is not, therefore, "self-contradictory".
    2. Altruism is ignored by virtually every sovereign polity on earth. Foreign policies are almost always determined by self-interest whether the policy maker is nationalist or not.
    I don't know if you are using a specific use of "opposite", but a nationalist and internationalist are going to find a lot they don't agree one. Especially given how "internationalism" is often interchangeable with with "globalism" or "cosmopolitanism", both things Basil makes a point of saying nationalists are against. And I wasn't going into altruism, I am talking about the motivating factors for political action. Unless there is some new brand of Nationalism I have yet to hear of, nationalists don't particularly care about the state of other nationalists in the world. Why would they? The interests of their own nation come first in all political acts.

    Basil was referring to "us" as an international nationalist community against globalism. That sounds weirdly reactionary to me. Other than "opposing globalism", what international interests would nationalists from different nations share?
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •