Thread: RigidModel(v2) Editor 0.2.1a BETA

Civis
    Artifex

Default RigidModel(v2) Editor 0.2.1a BETA

RigidModel(v2) Editor v0.2.1a BETA

These ares screenshot from my soon to be released tool:

RigidModel(v2) Editor

It edits .rigid_model_v2 files.

The screenshots are of the rendering window, where you can rotate/move/zoom and change the light.

In the edit window, you can change textures and internal folders, and then at once see the model rendered with the chosen textures in the rendering window.

You can then save the .rigid_model_v2 file with the new textures / folders and use it in your mod.

Full Rendering works for
    Rome2, Atilla, Thrones, WH1/WH2

Partial (grayscale) rendering for
    (soon to be full rendering)

Vanilla gladius in rendering window:

Empire Divided Pompey Helmet in rendering window:

Vanilla gladius with shine in rendering window:

I hope you will enjoy tool when it is finished

phazer
    Last edited by phazer; August 15, 2019 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Version number wrong

Civis
    Artifex

Default Re: [release] RigidModel(v2) Editor 0.7.3

Is there anyone who would to beta test the tool? It loads all .rigid_model_v2 files (Rome2/Atilla/Thrones/WH/2/3K), I exports .DAE (maya/3ds/blender file) and it can then render the model on in a window (or fullscreen), where you can rotate, move, zoom etc, and change the light direction.
    All this for people who want to change the textures / folder inside the .rigid_model files to make mods, and with the DAE export you can open the files in 3d studio and all other major 3d app.

The program looks like this (needs a facelift). If you want to Beta test the program, then just send me a PM, and then I can send you the current beta version, most things work already.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Whats the difference between this tool and the RMV2 Converter? Do they do completely different things?

Civis
    Artifex

Mr. Jox's RMV2 Converter version 1.0 could convert .rigid_model_v2 to .DAE, but it did not have any editing features. In my tool you can edit the internal data of the .rigid_model_v2 file and save it back to a .rigid_model_v2 file, and that file you can use in your mod. A guy used an older version of my tool to use the same shield model 70 times but with different textures, in a mod.

My tool can edit the .rigid_model_v2 files, and it can render the models with the textures you select (the "Open DDS" button). All those edit boxes are for change stuff inside the RMV2 file, mainly texture file name and internal folder, before you had to do that with a hex editor, where you had to search for some 60 texture name string in a file of non-sense characters
    Also RMV2 converter v1.0 did not have rendering, only the new unfinished version have that.

Another thing is, that I have decoded much more of the .rigid_model_v2 file format, so my tool can decode close to all the different rigid_model files.
    You could say, that my tool combines the features of my rigid_model_v2 EDITOR with all the features of Jox's RMV2 converter

Can you see the difference now?

Civis
    Artifex

Do they do completely different things?
    No, my tool can do the same as RMV2 converter does, only with support for more and newer files. But that is just a "side feature", the "core" is the .rigid_model_v2 file EDITOR

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Ah cool, thanks

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: RigidModel(v2) Editor 0.7.3

Thread moved from the R2TW General Discussion forum.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Dude, you're a cool tool. I am from China and I hope you can make this tool better. Make it easier for more modifiers to make more modules. How can I contact you?

Civis
    Artifex

Thanks, here is a BETA version, if you don't already have it:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4469

You can start by writing me a Private Message on this site.

I am working hard at the moment to get skeletons from 3K and older (back to Rome2) to work, so hopefully it will soon be included
    Last edited by phazer; July 26, 2019 at 01:54 PM.

Civis
    Artifex

Hi.
    Thanks for trying the tool. But it IS a beta. A preview.
    It is version 0.2.1.BETA meaning it is far from finished. I am happy that at least it works 2/3 of the time
    If you can describe your problems then I will fix it in a newer version. I have been busy adding skeletons to the model, and that is almost finished enough to release soon. Thanks for your patience.:-):-)

I intend to make it a relatively prof looking/working program, this version is JUST a preview, so people can try it

PS: @EVERYONE: If you want to test the newest editions of the tool, then I can send you newer versions as soon as they get finished, and in return you can report any problems to me. If you would like the then PM me

And that includes any new features you would like, let hear what you want and I will see what I can do....

Greets
    phazer

Civis
    Artifex

Hello, I am sorry that there is a bug (it IS a BETA afterall) where the UVs are flipped, it has been fixed, and if you really need it, I can send you a developer version where the UV problem is fixed, but all the other features in that version, such as skeletons, animations, auto extraction of needed files, and auto find of compatible animations, they will not work yet. The exporting of static models WILL though, with the correct UVs.
    Sorry about this, The UVs were optimized for the LOCAL rendering in the program.
    That is why there are BETAs, I guess

The actual release version with the new features will come soon, although the features will come in steps, first skeletons, and then animations (Maybe the two together), and later the other stuff.

EDIT: this has nothing do with the 3K Assembly Kit import problem, and I am not in any way affiliated with CA, so I can't help with that, sorry
    Last edited by phazer; August 15, 2019 at 11:51 AM.

Civis
    Artifex

[deleted]
    Last edited by phazer; August 15, 2019 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Because I cannot delete

Default Re: RigidModel(v2) Editor 0.2.1a BETA

Hey man! Great prog! Could you please make export of rigid model to DAE format as editable poly (not mesh) with model's rig (weights) saving?

Civis
    Artifex

I have actually made the code for exporting models to Collada (.DAE) WITH skeletons, including weight rigging and so on But the rest of the program is not really in a release-ready state, yet.

phazer

Haedar's Avatar Miles

Where I can download this tool?

Civis
    Artifex

Where I can download this tool?
    Here, in this thread, 1st post a ways down, there are download links for win7-8.1 and win10
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...W-BETTER-VIDEO

Some of the newest stuff (like custom animations, animation playback + PBR rendering in the preview window and FBX support) are in a newer version that is not released yet and will come out in some weeks.

But the current versions (0.55 - 0.60) can still export models+skeletons+animations, edit textures paths, render, etc.

phazer

Haedar's Avatar Miles

Thank you very much sir, it's a time saving tool, thank you again.

Civis
    Artifex

You are most welcome

phazer