Thread: What PC Rig for 3K

Default What PC Rig for 3K

I am interested to know the specs of your rigs that have this game flowing like a hot knife through butter?

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: What PC Rig for 3K

Only using Ryzen 5 2600 and RX 580. Probably gonna replace the GPU soon since the temp is getting pretty high now.

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Only using Ryzen 5 2600 and RX 580. Probably gonna replace the GPU soon since the temp is getting pretty high now.
    Thank you! Appreciate your comment!

Until recently TW games were best served with an overclocked Intel CPU e.g. 7700K@5Ghz (only 4 cores + HT needed due to bad multi-threading support in TW games) since it offered the best single core performance which the TW games have liked the most traditionally. 6, 8, 10 or more core CPUs sometimes even caused lower performance simply because they had more cores due to bad multi-threading in TW games.

TW3K seems to have improved in the multithreading department and 6 cores actually provide a performance benefit over 4 cores.
    https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-perform...ance-analysis/

Performance of new AMD 3rd gen Ryzen 9 CPUs in TW games could be interesting. They added a lot of 3rd level cache (up to 72 MB for top 2 models) which TW games should like a lot (due to the amount of units to control, TW games really like memory latency + speed).
    Looking forward to hopefully some TW benchmarks with the new Ryzen 9 3900X (12 cores, 72MB cache) which will be released on the 7th of July.

Quote Originally Posted by A Barbarian View Post
    Until recently TW games were best served with an overclocked Intel CPU e.g. 7700K@5Ghz (only 4 cores + HT needed due to bad multi-threading support in TW games) since it offered the best single core performance which the TW games have liked the most traditionally. 6, 8, 10 or more core CPUs sometimes even caused lower performance simply because they had more cores due to bad multi-threading in TW games.

TW3K seems to have improved in the multithreading department and 6 cores actually provide a performance benefit over 4 cores.
    https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-perform...ance-analysis/

Performance of new AMD 3rd gen Ryzen 9 CPUs in TW games could be interesting. They added a lot of 3rd level cache (up to 72 MB for top 2 models) which TW games should like a lot (due to the amount of units to control, TW games really like memory latency + speed).
    Looking forward to hopefully some TW benchmarks with the new Ryzen 9 3900X (12 cores, 72MB cache) which will be released on the 7th of July.
    Thank you Barbarian. A really interesting response and great link!
    Last edited by Leonardo; July 15, 2019 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Posts merged.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

If I'm not mistaken, the PC use by CA during streaming is 8700k and RTX 2070. Havent used nvidia for a while now but AMD price is right now in my country. No longer the poor man's GPU. Some says the main nvidia/amd distributor is the same here so the orice for nvidia is pretty in line with rrp after converting to usd while AMD seems to be a bit higher.

Am looking to replace my RX 580 with probably RTX 2060 or at the very least GTX 1660ti is the prices goes down a bit.

Actually I can get stable 30fps playing on ultra with extreme unit settings. To get to 60fps I need to use med/high settings though currently I'm playing on recommended high giving 50fps (with fxaa instead of taa) though playing with extreme unit sizes drops the fps to 40ish.

3 stacks battle is still ok but not 4 stacks battle. That usually drops the fps below 20ish.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

I've been gaming at 4K resolution on an OLED panel so I don't get especially good frames, 30s and 40s FPS with extreme units and almost all settings maxed. i5-7600 @4.5 ghz + 16 GB GSkill RAM 2933 + GTX 1080 Ti is also overclocked.

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Am looking to replace my RX 580 with probably RTX 2060 or at the very least GTX 1660ti is the prices goes down a bit.
    Take a look at the RTX Supers that are coming out right now. And of course, AMD's Vega is almost out too.
    Last edited by Huberto; July 04, 2019 at 07:15 PM.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    I've been gaming at 4K resolution on an OLED panel so I don't get especially good frames, 30s and 40s FPS with extreme units and almost all settings maxed. i5-7600 @4.5 ghz + 16 GB GSkill RAM 2933 + GTX 1080 Ti is also overclocked.

Take a look at the RTX Supers that are coming out right now. And of course, AMD's Vega is almost out too.
    I'm hoping that the supers and new navi will bring the older stuff a bit cheaper. 😁

Exchange currency is bad now so anythng above RX580 cost more than RM1k right now. Cheapest 2060 is around 1.5k and the new 2060 super is exoected to sell around 1.8k-2k. Pretty expensive considering it's almost half of what I earn in a month. 😩

Intel 8600k @5ghz
    16gb ram
    1080ti

Get 40-60 at 4k medium settings. Wouldnt recommend anything less than a 2080ti for 4k