Thread: DB Edits not working for me

Default DB Edits not working for me

I'm having real trouble trying to get simple database edits (with PFM) to work on this game.

I was planning on making a complete rebalance of all the units to give some greater variety to their roles and so started out tweaking a few values in land_units_tables, main_units_tables and melee_weapons_tables for a single unit and checking to see if it worked.

Unfortunately, none of the changes have taken effect in-game, either in custom battles or campaign.

Are there some additional steps that need to be taken with this game to get this kind of DB edit to take effect?

Default Re: DB Edits not working for me

U need tot put it in a mod file or edit the original file (remove write protection via pfm in options "CA packs are read only" ,make bake up before and put the original file in a new sub dir in the data for ex BU like i did.
    If u dont know how to make a mod file just pick a pack file here in forums , replace the data u want.
    Last edited by ElSypatiko; June 29, 2019 at 05:08 AM. Reason: fout

Quote Originally Posted by ElSypatiko View Post
    U need tot put it in a mod file or edit the original file (remove write protection via pfm in options "CA packs are read only" ,make bake up before and put the original file in a new sub dir in the data for ex BU like i did.
    If u dont know how to make a mod file just pick a pack file here in forums , replace the data u want.
    Forgive my ignorance but all I did was open the database pack file in PFM, select the tables I wanted like land_units_tables, edit the lines I was interested it and deleted the rest, renamed all by my mod name then saved it as a new pack file in the 3K folder.

With Warhammer, that was enough to get it working in my own game but it doesn't seem to take effect with this game.

I've now fixed this and got it working. No idea what I changed but it's fine now.

Thanks for the assistance in any case!

your r welkom - graag gedaan (dutch)