Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For King or Country 2.1 - Kingdoms and Steam compatible

Default Re: For King or Country 2.0 - Kingdoms and Steam compatible

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Kinda weird - if it had to do with the bodyguard's model then it should happen with any named character (regular general) as army leader. I haven't got the mod installed right now: can you do a battle with a regular general (not a captain) to see if it crashes, too?
    Please let me know which factions were involved.

The 'big boss' battle banner is only used by the leader, not the heir, so that's out as well.
    If it doesn't crash then I'll have a to have a look if leaders\heirs get custom models via script, I seem to remember at least Harkonnen (Norway) had one. The log is of no use for a battle crash...
    Hey Gigantus,

In fact I've done an entire campaign playthrough for the royalists, and the CTD only occurs when it is a faction leader/heir involved (on either side, royalists or parliament). I also tested this with the parliament campaign and get the same issue. No problems with any other of the named characters, or armies with no generals. In fact, I didn't encounter any other problems at all besides that one. Would be cool to find a fix, but even if not it was honestly a really fun throwback playing it through, even if I couldn't use King Charles or Prince Rupert. Thanks again!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

There are no battle model assignments in descr_strat, nothing in the script either. Which means leader and heir (Charles and Rupert) will use the same battle model as the regular generals. They have the same bodyguard unit as other generals in their faction so that can't be the cause either.

You could try removing\renaming the two royal_banner files in the data\banners\texture directory, one for each faction** - that's the only custom files I can think of that might cause an issue here. The game will revert to the default textures so it should not cause any additional issue.

Denmark - royalists
    England - roundheads
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 12, 2020 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    There are no battle model assignments in descr_strat, nothing in the script either. Which means leader and heir (Charles and Rupert) will use the same battle model as the regular generals. They have the same bodyguard unit as other generals in their faction so that can't be the cause either.

You could try removing\renaming the two royal_banner files in the data\banners\texture directory, one for each faction** - that's the only custom files I can think of that might cause an issue here. The game will revert to the default textures so it should not cause any additional issue.

Denmark - royalists
    England - roundheads

Hi Gigantus,

So I tried both renaming the two files in question as well as removing them from the folder completely, and unfortunately neither worked. I understand this is an ancient project so I just wanted to say thanks for having taken the time to respond with the suggestion! I'll still happily enjoy your work even without King Charles.

Happy holidays!

Blog Entries

I might get back to that puzzle one day, it's kinda intriguing.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Gigantus you the man

Blog Entries

Default Re: For King or Country 2.1 - Kingdoms and Steam compatible

Update

2.1 - 13 August 2021
    - resolved battle banners not showing (thanks 8907654738)

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Cool thanks, ever diligent

v2.1 (banner fix) - It works but crashes every end turn. I saved every single turn every single crash just to fight one battle. I managed to fight the battle. But overall it is too unstable to play unfortunately.

v2.0 - Works fine on campaign map, ending turns no issues. But crashes when trying to fight any battles.

If it was stable it would have been a nice mod.

(Also, I think it should have added some more Scotland and Ireland representation. Scotland especially was important during the Civil war on the side of the Parliamentarians, and Ireland rebellions important as a cause for the Civil war, precursor with King Charles I and then conflict with Cromwell in the aftermath - feel free to correct me, I'm just remembering history from hazy memory without looking up and checking if I am right)
    Last edited by ArcadeGames; May 02, 2023 at 11:36 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123