Thread: Restitutor Orbis - NEW RELEASE

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Restitutor Orbis - NEW RELEASE

Steam Link

The Eras of Rome team is back with our next mod called Restitutor Orbis. This is based off of our original Pax Romana mod originally made for the Imperator Augustus campaign, now made for Empire Divided. The mod moves the Roman Empire into its time of crisis. The year is 260 A.D. and the Empire is split, divided by the Gallic Empire of Postumus in the west, the Macrian rebellion under Macrianus and his sons and the semi-autonomous city of Palmyra led by Odaenathus in the East. The frontiers are beset by German, Steppe, and Persian enemies. Rome, having been humiliated in the East by the capture of Valerian by the Persians, must have her vengeance. However, Gallienus is left in a precarious position. You must reverse the fortunes of the waning Empire and return her to her former glory! Roma Victrix!

Requires parts 1 and 2, and building mod to play. The music pack is optional.

No new unlocked factions.

MOD FEATURES:
    -4 turns per year
    -Complete sets of new equipment (helmets, shields, etc.) modeled after 3rd century equipment, as well as relevant models from other fantastic mods
    -Vanilla units for Germanic tribes, Eastern factions, and Romans reskinned. 24 Roman legions to choose from (12 pre-Diocletian, 12 post Diocletian reforms); late Roman cavalry units and late Roman auxilia units to unlock as well.
    -Roman tech tree reworked to unlock units via tech of Empire Divided campaign.
    -Proper historical figures added (Gallienus, Postumus, Diocletian, etc.)
    -New music from epic movies to hopefully immerse the player more fully, including Gladiator and the Eagle (In Eras of Rome music pack).
    -New menu and loading screen backgrounds, as well as new quotes during loading.
    -Roman army will be able to upgrade from the pre-Diocletian army (legions, auxilia, etc.) to the post-Diocletian army (comitatenses, ripenses, etc.) via tech.
    -changed starting legions to proper ones (II Parthica, V Macedonica, I Minervia, etc) as well as their date of formation.

I've done my best to recreate the 3rd century accurately. I've had to use a combination of new equipment from various sources so the quality is mismatched at times, along with some vanilla. If anyone sees any glaring inaccuracies with units, please do let me know. I want to create the most historically accurate mod as possible.

Not compatible with any mods that mod startpos or script.

Credits:
    Dresden and Ahiga for many models from CRoC as well as their advice and help
    Magnar for his advice and help
    Heinrich von Preuben for his building mod
    Thunderbolt and The_Germans for new shield patterns
    Asterion, Hloeric, and dontfearme22 for helmets
    Noif for his faction banners
    Alaric and Avetis for armor
    Noniac and Celticus from Roman Model Extravaganza for armor

Much credit to the Invasio Barbarorum team for their mods for Rome Total War, who have provided me with much inspiration!

Screenshots:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Emperor Caesar; August 15, 2019 at 07:36 PM.

Autaritus's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Restitutor Orbis - NEW RELEASE

Excellent! Thanks for the great job. I'm gonna try it inmediately.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

In this dark age you bring us GREAT NEWS! God bless you Emp! May Pallas Athena protect you forever! +REP!

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    In this dark age you bring us GREAT NEWS! God bless you Emp! May Pallas Athena protect you forever! +REP!
    This are very very good news, a good overhaul for empire divided is a must!

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Yeah, keep it going!

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

The only thing I don't approve of is the hideous background picture and mod title in red. Aside from that, I totally approve of this!
    Last edited by Razor; August 13, 2019 at 01:21 PM.

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    The only thing I don't approve of is the hideous background picture and mod title in red. Aside from that, I totally approve of this!
    Haha it's about the taste not the presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post

Your approval on anything 3rd Century is always needed haha
    Last edited by Emperor Caesar; August 13, 2019 at 07:26 PM.

Great mod!love from China.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I have given due credit on steam and I am certain that I praised Pax Romana.
    But after all this time I have not given credit here!
    So

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

I finally bought Rome II and Empire Divided to try this mod. It's great mod, only the units are all the same (one model per unit) and the same problem I have with Attila TW and Attila TW mods. The game tells me that the graphics have been reduced - I probably have an older PC for these games?

Otherwise, it's a fun campaign. Postumus and Buri are quite agressive, but in 266 AD I finally stabilized Gallienus´s core regions. I hope for some expansion now