Thread: Thoughts on Blood and Gore DLC? Too much blood?

Default Thoughts on Blood and Gore DLC? Too much blood?

Hey everyone so I'm sure this isn't entirely necessary, but I'm curious as to others' opinion on the Blood and Gore DLC. I posted a video where I shift around a custom battle showing all the carnage and there is so much blood that literally men are covered to where they are entirely red! So what do you think? You like it you don't like it, don't really care? Let's discuss!
    Last edited by zachman1201; June 27, 2019 at 10:50 AM.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: Thoughts on Blood and Gore DLC? Too much blood?

Ugh... waaaaaaay overboard...
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Seems kind of silly, I noticed that even in warhammer. They should go back to the M2TW version, of being there but not overdone.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Havent bought it yet, but isnt there a slider this time about how much blood and gore you want?

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Havent bought it yet, but isnt there a slider this time about how much blood and gore you want?
    There is. There are also separate sliders for blood stains and blood particles. The default is 25%, which sets it at around Shogun 2 levels. This video seems to be much, much higher, at least greater than 50%, perhaps even greater than 75%.

If you take stains down to 0%, the blood disappears from units entirely, just leaving the particle effects.

I personally find the greatest tragedy the fact that there's no instances of people spitting blood in frustration. That's a time-honored 3K tradition they forgot to include.
    My Three Kingdoms Military History Blog / Military Map Project - https://zirroxas.tumblr.com/
    Ask me a question!

I had to give up on blood and gore. I don't like the way, when you zoom in to watch the end of the battle, all uniforms are dull red. Some of the uniforms and helmets are so amazing to watch, the blood coating just detracts from all of that. Not worth it.