Thread: [submod] Rise of Three Kingdoms : Ultimate Romance v.1.1 (compatible w/ v.4)

Default [submod] Rise of Three Kingdoms : Ultimate Romance v.1.1 (compatible w/ v.4)

FEATURES

UNITS
    - Increase size of all units. Most infantry have between 200 and 300 men and all cav have 80 to 100 men.
    - Recruitment pool for peasants conscripts and militia have been doubled.
    - All general units (characters) and unique units have had their health decrease to 1.
    - Stats were changed for some units.
    - Recruitment of generals disabled.
    - Recruitment of Nanman Elephant possible with higher tier port.
    - New units : War Chariot, Mangonel, County Spearmen are now Urban Spearmen (Halberds) and introduction of County Spearmen (Spear & Shield), new bodyguards for Dian Wei and Zhang Lu
    - Increase number of siege engine : Ballista = 6, Catapult = 4, Mangonel = 4 and Trebuchet = 4.
    BUILDING
    - All settlement can build community buildings (camps) and districts to replenish armies from all regions of China.
    - Second tier Tavern now gives +1 free upkeep.
    - For Huge Cities, recruitment slot increase to 4.
    ECONOMY
    - Resources income have been considerably increased.
    - Merchant have been totally replaced by Inspectors. They play the same role, but in a more immersive way. You can now have a total of 10.
    CHARACTERS
    - Many starting cav units have been replaced by infantry to prevent a bug with general units.
    - ALL ancillaries are transferable.
    - All portraits have been replaced with more decent artworks (less arcade-ish).
    - Many new characters (as starting character, as Unaligned and as emergent one) : Liu Zan, Zu Mao, Zheng Jiang, Zhang Chang and sooo many more.
    - Name variety for all faction agents, previously all of them had the same family name as the ruler of the faction.
    - No family tree since it is not needed at all. Every significant coming of age will be through scripts if you play the scenario of your faction.
    - New ancillaries and more to come (will be savegame compatible I believe).
    GAMEPLAY
    - Mission for all factions save Xianbei who are sandbox (conquer, exterminate and repeat).
    - Nanman and Xianbei can't recruit assassin or inspector. As for Shanyue you don't start with an Inspector but can get one with the appropriate building.
    - Bandits are now everywhere (hiding in forest).
    - Traits & Skills reworked for many characters.
    MISCELLANEOUS
    - A LOT of typo correction, bugfixes and such.
    - Resources model on the stratmap are now villages.
    - UI small tweaks
    Last edited by R.P. Gryphus; May 04, 2020 at 07:00 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Rise of Three Kingdoms : Ultimate Edition (sub-mod)

Great stuff!

May I suggest to change the thread title to [submod] Rise of Three Kingdoms : Ultimate Edition, it will then easier to notice it as a sub mod thread. You can change the title by going into advanced edit mode of the opening post.

For greater posterity I would suggest to zip your upload and then upload it here at TWC. Install instruction would be:

Place zip file into mods\rotk folder and unzip (7Zip is freeware), allow overwriting when prompted.

Default Re: [submod] Rise of Three Kingdoms : Ultimate Edition

Thanks for the tips Gig'!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: [submod] Rise of Three Kingdoms : Ultimate Edition

I see you linked directly to the download button instead of the download page - unusual, but effective .

Default Re: [submod] Rise of Three Kingdoms : Romance mod (compatible w/ v.3.5)

Updated the first post, still no download link though because I'm still working on it.

can you add more unit specials in Barracks ? example "White Plume" or Tiger punch?

If they are already in the game, sure, but if not, I don't have the skills to create model for new units.

Quote Originally Posted by FoggyFogFiggy View Post
    If they are already in the game, sure, but if not, I don't have the skills to create model for new units.
    Thanks!

CAN I HAVE LINKS TO DOWNLOAD ?

Soon. Still working on Goguryeo campaign. After them, I'll do Xianbei. I'll work on the Shanyue too, to make them more of a challenge by adding 5-6 characters. Then I'll upload a link and finish the rest with patches.