Thread: [submod] Rise of Three Kingdoms : Romance mod (compatible w/ v.3.5)

FoggyFogFiggy's Avatar Modding Staff

Default [submod] Rise of Three Kingdoms : Romance mod (compatible w/ v.3.5)

If you are interested in diving again into M2TW, which has aged very well IMO and still manages to compete with the most recent Total War games, and if you are looking for a better Three Kingdoms game than the one recently released, you are at the right place! This submod tries to renew the experience of this mod by presenting many adjustments and changes that reflect my personal game preferences. Here's is a list of what this submod bring to the table :

WHAT DOES THIS MOD DO?

UNITS
    - Increase size of all units. Most infantry have 250 men and all cav have 80 men. You can decrease this in the game options. To compensate, recruitement pool for peasants and conscripts has been doubled.
    - All general units and unique units have had their health decrease to 1. They are still elites among elites, but they are more precious now. The characters leading those units still have their extra health point though!

BUILDINGS
    - All settlement can build refugees camps and districts to replenish armies from all regions of China.
    - Watchtowers have been converted to villages, they now cost 500 wuzhu.
    - Taverns now also gives +1 and +2 free upkeep.
    - For Huge Cities, recruitment slot increase to 4.

ECONOMY
    - Trade resources income have been doubled (merchant make a bit more money).

CHARACTERS
    - Many starting cav units have been replaced by infantry to prevent a bug with general units.
    - ALL ancillaries are transferable.
    - More ancillaries added.
    - Many portraits have been replaced or reverted to what they were before.
    - Many new characters (from start, as Unaligned and emergent one) : Liu Zan, Zu Mao, Zheng Jiang, Cao Pi, Zhang Chang and many more.
    - Many characters now will joins your faction after theirs is destroyed, like Ma Chao will join Zhang Lu if the latter destroys Xi Liang (or if Xiliang is destroyed by another faction, but not sure if I can make this work), and Zhang Nan among others will joins Cao Cao after Yuan Clan is destroyed, and many more.

CAMPAIGN
    - As Xianbei, more you will conquer settlements, and more talented kinsmen will join your war against China (around 30 characters).
    - As the Kingdom of Goguryeo, the more you will expand into China, the more you will attract talented people to join you in your great conquest (around 50 characters).

MISCELLANEOUS
    - Fixed many bugs and mispellings, missing images, etc.

It should be noted that this submod departs from the more historically grounded mod that is RoTK by adding many fictional characters from Romance of the Three Kingdoms and created ones by me (for Xianbei and Goguryeo).

WHAT'S NEXT?
    I'm also working to create custom missions for Goguryeo, Xianbei, Yuan Shu, Liang, Xiliang and Lu Bu, I will also make the rebellion of He Yi and co more intimidating and the Shanyue a bigger problem for Sun Wu.

DOWNLOAD/INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

Download link 1 : Coming soon.

Place zip/rar file into mods folder and unzip/unrar (7Zip and Winrar are freeware), allow overwriting when prompted.
    Last edited by FoggyFogFiggy; July 14, 2019 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Updated

Gigantus's Avatar The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Rise of Three Kingdoms : Ultimate Edition (sub-mod)

Great stuff!

May I suggest to change the thread title to [submod] Rise of Three Kingdoms : Ultimate Edition, it will then easier to notice it as a sub mod thread. You can change the title by going into advanced edit mode of the opening post.

For greater posterity I would suggest to zip your upload and then upload it here at TWC. Install instruction would be:

Place zip file into mods\rotk folder and unzip (7Zip is freeware), allow overwriting when prompted.

Default Re: [submod] Rise of Three Kingdoms : Ultimate Edition

Thanks for the tips Gig'!

Gigantus's Avatar The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: [submod] Rise of Three Kingdoms : Ultimate Edition

I see you linked directly to the download button instead of the download page - unusual, but effective .

Default Re: [submod] Rise of Three Kingdoms : Romance mod (compatible w/ v.3.5)

Updated the first post, still no download link though because I'm still working on it.