View Poll Results: Which TWO AARs are your favourites?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of Wolves and Blobtits

0 0%
  • Derc Plays Through World History

4 50.00%
  • Written in Sand

5 62.50%
  • New Town

2 25.00%
  • Toutatis Favours the Brave

4 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: MAARC LXXXIII - the vote!

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default MAARC LXXXIII - the vote!

Creative Workshop Competitions - Check out our sister competitions here on TWC! << Picture of the Week | Tale of the Week | Writers' Study General Competitions | Graphics Workshop Monthly Competition >>

Image by cedric37.

The Writers' Study Presents:
    MAARC LXXXIII

Voting

You have TWO votes. You must use both votes; you need to cast them both at the same time.

If you use the wrong number of votes, please send a private message to the competition organiser before voting ends,
    indicating which submissions you wanted to vote for.

If you use the wrong number of votes and do not contact the organiser before voting ends, then none of your votes will count.

Advertising

Advertising of the competition is allowed. Inviting people to vote for their favourite AAR is okay.

Asking for votes for a particular submission is not allowed and will result in disqualification.

Breaking the rules will result in measures at the discretion of the Writers' Study Staff.

Submissions

Submission 1 Of Wolves and Blobtits

Submission 2 Derc Plays Through World History

'Derc Plays Through History', the AAR with a focus on pictures instead of words, visits one of the most interesting eras in history. The year is 41 BCE. Ceasar is dead and Rome plunges into civil war. In the midst between all these would-be emperors sits Pompey, longing for revenge, trying to restore the Republic ... and do so much more.

It was a time when personalities such as Octavian, Marc Antony and Cleopatra roamed the earth. None of them knew that everything would be overshadowed by another event just a few decades later - the advent of Christ.

Submission 3 Written in Sand

Alexander's armies broke the might of the East, but the greed of Greek hearts could not be contained, and with Alexander's death his empire was consumed by rivalry and ambition. As the western invaders worry one another in their long-standing feuds a new power is rising, a power born of the sands and hot expanse of the desert. Out of Rekem (Petra) the Nabati are rallying. They will unite the tribes of Arabia and lead them in a final stand against the arrogant Greeks who dare to call themselves "master". They will show them the price of tyranny.

Submission 4 New Town

At Aracillum in northern Iberia, Admago’s new army, the Defenders of Iberia, were tested in battle for the first time. Admago sent his small force of Libyan spearman and swordsmen across an open plain, in full view of the Lusitani guards watching from the town ...

Submission 5 Toutatis Favours the Brave

"The story of the Nervii continues. Boduognatus and his warriors have survived their first challenge, but their future is still not set in stone. Prophecy says four men are destined to decide the fate of all Gaul, and it is said that Boduognatus is one of them. But prophecy is a fickle mistress.... Facing political challenges at home, and with both new enemies and perhaps allies amassing in the south, will the bravest of Belgae fall before another tribe? Or could the danger be closer to home?"

Best of luck to all the entrants!

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: MAARC LXXXIII - the vote!

A fine array of AAR's we have here! Good luck chaps!

Indeed a good showing, with some new stuff and the return of old reliables! Glad to be part of this MAARC (sometimes it really is a blessing to not win; it lets me participate in so many more competitions!).
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness

I'm glad to be part of this too, good luck!

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    sometimes it really is a blessing to not win; it lets me participate in so many more competitions!
    tru dat.
    I feared for a moment that my joke about Swaeft winning if he participates kicked off the competition (didn't really mind waiting), then I started wondering why he wasn't competing, then I realised he's out because he won last time.

The choice was really hard for me. There were 4 good AARs to choose from, then I eliminated myself from that list because I didn't want to vote for myself, but it still left 4 good AARs to choose from. :/
    But I did my best.

Veni, vidi, voted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'm glad that I needed to go and read some of the stuff that I haven't read before - quality work here guys! Best of luck, it's never easy to vote but much less to write, and for that you all are winners in my heart. Now go forth and win here, too!

I feared for a moment that my joke about Swaeft winning if he participates kicked off the competition (didn't really mind waiting), then I started wondering why he wasn't competing, then I realised he's out because he won last time.

I must have missed that one...now I have to scurry off and find it!

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Campidoctor

Hm... Nothing interesting this time.

Joking. This was a really tough decision. Tremendous work, gents.

Kilo, you rascal, stealing my description. Pfff. Good thing Caillagh didn't went on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derc View Post
    Kilo, you rascal, stealing my description. Pfff. Good thing Caillagh didn't went on with it.
    I prefer to be called a "rapscallion", but rascal will do as well! I'm glad someone noticed the joke. I actually really liked your description, and I felt like it could be used for basically any era as a teaser, so I figured I'd nick it and run
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Citizen

Really, Kilo?! You'd steal from him of all people? I'm a bit offended by that!
    A good description has Jesus in it. A great one grabs people's attention and makes their imagination run wild by not being there.

From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Voted (better late than never! )

Good luck everyone.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Citizen

Congrats to Kilo, Derc & Welsh Dragon. Thanks to everyone who voted for m... oh wait!

Campidoctor

Never vote when TWC has it's daily performance issues. My vote didn't get registered. Hrmph.
    Wouldn't have made a difference in the results but oh well, you barbarians do not unterstand what culture is. 0 votes for Cookie? Seriously? This AAR is pure gold. ;(

Nevertheless. Congratulations Kilo. Finally! Well deserved.

All other AAR's are great too.

Edit: Wait a minute. Is this what I think it is?
    Last edited by Derc; July 10, 2019 at 11:52 AM.

Congrats to Kilo, Derc & Welsh Dragon. Thanks to everyone who voted for m... oh wait!
    Oh, Cook, that really is rough! I am loving your AAR, and only didn't vote for yours by chance (at some point I can only narrow things down so much, and I rolled the dice to decide on two of the three I was most likely to vote for). Keep the updates coming though, and you'll get a win for the blobtits!

Quote Originally Posted by Derc View Post
    Never vote when TWC has it's daily performance issues. My vote didn't get registered. Hrmph.
    Wouldn't have made a difference in the results but oh well, you barbarians do not unterstand what culture is. 0 votes for Cookie? Seriously? This AAR is pure gold. ;(

Nevertheless. Congratulations Kilo. Finally! Well deserved.

All other AAR's are great too.

Edit: Wait a minute. Is this what I think it is?
    Derc, your vote might actually have made a difference, as one of the votes for me won't count, because the voter only cast one ballot. I assume that means we have a three way tie then, and will be revoting for first, second, and third places. These things really have been exciting for months now. I feel like that might partly be due to the reduced number of voters though.

Anyway, let the runoff election begin!
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Congratulations on the win Kilo, and the joint second Derc. And thank you everyone who voted, whether for me or one of the other entries.

Thank you Cookiegod. And sorry you didn't get any votes this time. I found it very hard to pick, and like Kilo11 ultimately it game down to a tiebreaker. I hope you don't get discouraged by this, and will continue to tell your story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    Derc, your vote might actually have made a difference, as one of the votes for me won't count, because the voter only cast one ballot. I assume that means we have a three way tie then, and will be revoting for first, second, and third places. These things really have been exciting for months now. I feel like that might partly be due to the reduced number of voters though.

Anyway, let the runoff election begin!
    If there is a runoff I would like to remove myself from consideration. I don't think you should lose your win on a technicality Kilo. As far as I'm concerned you deserve the win.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte

It isn't a technicality, Welsh Dragon.

We don't know who would have received ZhongBoy's second vote - it might have been you!

So, upon further consideration I'm going to take part in the runoff after all. As Caillagh says, this does represent more than a technicality. The rules are clear on each person voting twice for a reason, and it's not up to me to decide how those should be implemented. A rule system is best and fairest when it is applied consistantly, and me withdrawing my entry goes against that, which is why I have changed my decision.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.