Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: How true is the Bible?

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Default Re: How true is the Bible?

The thing is perhaps lost in that all the Egyptians were doing was added by the fact that it hardened the Hebrew men physically for the escape to come. It would explain why the Hebrews were able to carry off a great deal of plunder when they did go.
    Or perhaps just as boastful as the rest...
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

conon394,

As boastful of what? What's the rest? Can't you see how it is all coming together in our present time?

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    ...Can't you see how it is all coming together in our present time?
    Matthew 24:6 old chap. Also First Thessalonians 5:2.

Many have proclaimed the Day of the Lord and all have been wrong. Jesus' promise to return has not yet been fulfilled.

I hope you are gathered to the bosom of the Lord when your time comes, and that sinners get what they deserve.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Cyclops,

I am not trying to put any date on Jesus' return for that would be silly as some have found out with their attempts but what I am saying is that the signs towards that are beginning to grow. Climate change is an example just as the threat of more war is but the greatest of all is the attack on Christianity by the same people who are predicting that we have only so many years to live due to climate change. Fortunately I won't be here when it all comes to a head but my offspring will no matter how many years down the road that may or may not be. The one thing for sure is that this existence is going downhill at quite a pace now and it's very interesting to see how that is viewed by the world believers and unbelievers alike.

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

@"basics" (as if):

You will die and you will be annihilated. You will not meet your loved ones in heaven. You will be dead and forgotten. As will everyone you have ever known and loved. In time everyone will.

I can deal with it. Am i such a ing badass?

Quote Originally Posted by swabian View Post
    @"basics" (as if):

You will die and you will be annihilated. You will not meet your loved ones in heaven. You will be dead and forgotten. As will everyone you have ever known and loved. In time everyone will.

I can deal with it. Am i such a ing badass?
    swabian,

In case you didn't know, all history right down to the nitty gritty is about remembering all those that passed before so to say I'll be forgotten is quite wrong. Why even my dogs will miss me when I'm gone because at certain times they know when I have to walk them or feed them just as I'm having to do right now so I'll cut short this little post and do my duty.

Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

As boastful of what? What's the rest? Can't you see how it is all coming together in our present time?
    Not particularity people have looked at the present with a jaundiced eye and demanded a return to some golden age. As for boastful I meant made up things like the fall of Jericho or vast theft out Egypt by a ridiculously large migration.

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

conon394,

When the Lord Jesus Christ comes back it will be for two objectives. Not one person on the planet will fail to see Him and at that point He will separate all them that are His from them that are not. The heavens and the earth will be burnt up as a scroll and be replaced with new heavens and earth in which only the righteous will inhabit in peace. Across from that is hell where the unrighteous will be incarcerated, never able to find peace because they rejected Him. Oh they all had to bow the knee and confess that He is Lord but justice was done before that happened and so while knowing Him as Lord that'll be the one repetative thought that never ends in that place. So for many it will be a golden age yet for many more an endless torment.

Did the things written in the Bible have an objective? Yes they did because they demonstrate the work of God over all mankind even if it tells the story of an insignificant people such as the Israelites. The prophecies themselves show that immeasurably by the coming in time of the God/man Jesus Christ. Even today God still blesses that nation, why? Because out of each generation He has a people marked out to be His and so just as it is written Jew and Gentile believers are known as the Israel of God.

Imagine tormenting someone endlessly. That's just such a vile concept.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

When the Lord Jesus Christ comes back it will be for two objectives. Not one person on the planet will fail to see Him and at that point He will separate all them that are His from them that are not. The heavens and the earth will be burnt up as a scroll and be replaced with new heavens and earth in which only the righteous will inhabit in peace. Across from that is hell where the unrighteous will be incarcerated, never able to find peace because they rejected Him. Oh they all had to bow the knee and confess that He is Lord but justice was done before that happened and so while knowing Him as Lord that'll be the one repetative thought that never ends in that place. So for many it will be a golden age yet for many more an endless torment.
    But you know he could have done that off immediately or say before the flood or at any time. His slow approach post death seems rather made up or just annoying. Why not appear to everyone at that moment instead of leaving millions without access to the message?

He has a people marked out to be His and so just as it is written Jew and Gentile believers are known as the Israel of God.
    You got a problem there since if you are a Jew still you have rejected Jesus or at least his claims so... Aren't thay sharing the same sorry fate you propose for my agnostic butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromovnik View Post
    Imagine tormenting someone endlessly. That's just such a vile concept.
    Gromovnik,

The thing is that as long as you are on this planet the way of the Gospel is an out from that vile justice.

Gromovnik,

The thing is that as long as you are on this planet the way of the Gospel is an out from that vile justice.
    Being tormented is justice?
    Last edited by PointOfViewGun; January 31, 2020 at 07:55 AM.
    The Armenian Issue

conon394,

Of course He could have done away with all mankind at any time but He chose not to because the story is about Him not man, Jesus the Creator the central character. From the events in Genesis at the fall and even the fall after the flood we are given plenty of warnings by the prophets that the "seed" promised in the garden would come into the world to contend with Satan for the souls of men. He came as a man born of a virgin just as prophesied
    and so even then He could have finished mankind without going on the cross but then that would have not been according to God's plan. From the flood all mankind knew of the message but in most cases distorted it into various forms of religion whilst others completely ignored it yet there is not a man born that does not know deep in their hearts that there is a God. So, the story will play out until certain events transpire and the Lord Jesus returns.

As for the Jews that reject or rejected Him they will go the same way as any Gentile who has rejected Him.

Of course He could have done away with all mankind at any time but He chose not to because the story is about Him not man, Jesus the Creator the central character. From the events in Genesis at the fall and even the fall after the flood we are given plenty of warnings by the prophets that the "seed" promised in the garden would come into the world to contend with Satan for the souls of men. He came as a man born of a virgin just as prophesied
    SO you accept duality?

and so even then He could have finished mankind without going on the cross but then that would have not been according to God's plan
    What plan exactly? Not in the OT not until some babbling jew zealot and a neo-platonic work afterward.

From the flood all mankind knew of the message but in most cases distorted it into various forms of religion whilst others completely ignored it yet there is not a man born that does not know deep in their hearts that there is a God. So, the story will play out until certain events transpire and the Lord Jesus returns.
    What flood? The non possible one.

As for the Jews that reject or rejected Him they will go the same way as any Gentile who has rejected Him.
    Not how they see it.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

"there is not a man born that does not know deep in their hearts that there is a God"

I can't take this sentence seriously. You really think that everyone who doesn't believe in god is just some stubborn hold out too dense to realize god was inside them all along?

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Iduuno maybe. I mean I could roll with Athena - who can't like the Female patron of the First Democracy and if you piss her off its pretty personal no mass violence and blood attainder. But Lugh seems chill, but than again maybe just my dead ancestors (maybe if my Polish was better I would get the message). But I agree the angry/inept Jewish god or the educated classical construct out of a Jewish messiah cult, not feeling it.

Sorry I haven't been around for over a week as I was rushed into hospital in extremme pain due to a virus that hit me last Thursday. I was taken in then released and then rushed back in to the hospital and have only arrived back home about an hour ago. My release document states tha I have to have two colonostopies asap so where we go from there only time will tell. Apart from me praying for some relief I have to admit that rather than trusting in God as I should have my thoughts were all about me and I feel so ashamed right now. The good thing is that others were praying for me which overcame my selfishness.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

No, mate, the good thing is that you were treated by trained and qualified medical professionals. I'm glad everything worked out okay and you're feeling better but it's downright disrespectful to assign the blame for your recovery on god and not your medical staff.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    No, mate, the good thing is that you were treated by trained and qualified medical professionals. I'm glad everything worked out okay and you're feeling better but it's downright disrespectful to assign the blame for your recovery on god and not your medical staff.
    Well to put you in the picture on my first arrival the doc in charge decided i could cope better at home and so they discharged me but not before I crapped myself from waiste down all over my good clothes and over the floor of the toilet. A nurse helped me clean up as best as I could giving me pants, pads and a pair of staff trousers and all this in sight of the guy who was sending me home. That nurse made it plain to me that I should be going nowhere. At home the pain got worse plus blood was now flowing out of me so I got hold oF my GP who took things into her own hands and referred my to the Surgical section and so once again I was ambulanced back to hospital. So more rounds of blood tests, an MRI and excellent care saw my condition improve although they want to do inspections on both small and large intestine as they want to find out what caused it all. There's a weakness there that they think caused a viral attack so I've got that to look forward to. I'm not beefing about my care as there would be no point as even doctors can make wrong decisions. So, it's not over.

The problem with this is that it is not going to happen. Jesus is not going to come back. Let the old fairy tales rest, and accept the world as it actually is.

Whoever the historical Jesus was, a pious Jew, a cult-leader, a rebel-leader (or any combination of these), he certainly wasn't what Christian theology makes him out to be.