Thread: CTDs after battles

Default CTDs after battles

My game is crashing at the end of battle about 50% of the time, win or lose. Can anyone help me resolve this? I played the first few turns of a Makedonia campaign to get a system log, which is attached in 7z form.

Thanks.

Attachment 358684
    . .

Default Re: CTDs after battles

I'm also attaching the "error" log (same campaign and battle, played again), in case the "trace" version is unnecessary

Attachment 358685
    . .

Campidoctor

The common suggestion that comes up for this is waiting at least 30 seconds after a battle before closing the scroll and getting back to campaign map. This is due to some memory issue with loading the campaign script or something, but I can say I've had zero crashes when I wait a while, even after hours-long battles, compared to quite a few crashes if I quickly close the scroll, even after tiny skirmishes.

Yep, waiting 10-15 seconds after the summary screen appears before clicking to move on eliminates a lot of those memory-related crashes. It's a trick from RTW that still applies here - at the end of a battle the game has to pack up the battle engine and unpack the campaign engine once again. That takes time, and the more allowance you give the game, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    The common suggestion that comes up for this is waiting at least 30 seconds after a battle before closing the scroll and getting back to campaign map. This is due to some memory issue with loading the campaign script or something, but I can say I've had zero crashes when I wait a while, even after hours-long battles, compared to quite a few crashes if I quickly close the scroll, even after tiny skirmishes.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Yep, waiting 10-15 seconds after the summary screen appears before clicking to move on eliminates a lot of those memory-related crashes. It's a trick from RTW that still applies here - at the end of a battle the game has to pack up the battle engine and unpack the campaign engine once again. That takes time, and the more allowance you give the game, the better.

how did i never know this..? oh well. that did the trick.. thank you both!
    . .

Fernandesz's Avatar Foederatus

I never know this too Reinstalling EB II now..i gave up because CTD in mostly of battles. Thanks for the info
    BORA BAHHEAAAA !!!

Campidoctor

Hm, maybe this should have its own highlighted bullet point in the installation instructions or somewhere visible (if it's not already). What a shame if it's been discouraging people from playing the mod considering such a simple fix!