Thread: Tortuga: a small collection of submods

Icon1 Tortuga: a small collection of submods

This is a collection of a couple of submods for Imperial Splendour 2.21b made by me and some by other users. The goal was to allow a slow paced gameplay and preserve the status quo of territorial possessions, as much as possible, also providing a slightly more challenging campaign.

This collection was set up by me for personal use. Usually I'd play with 1,5x building times, less income in general and 6 turn per year, among other minor modifications which were excluded here, but may be added in the future. It's also important to clarify that most testing was done while using an adapted version of Bran's campaign AI, which obviously differs from IS 2.21b CAI.

Tortuga Diplomacy

Most diplomacy mods cause a general peace on late game due to the absence of cap on the War values. Unlike in later titles, the War factor vanishes after peace is made, leaving no negative effect in aftermath. The Peace value was also tuned down - leaving it high will cause former enemies to trade and eventually become friends.

With this mod warring factions will sue for peace, while you will still be able to experience conflicts by mid/late campaign.

DOWNLOAD

Tortuga Civil Unrest

This mod aims to make the management of public order slightly challenging for the player and make revolutions and revolts more frequent. Effectively it diminishes the government bonus to public order, while increasing penalties for foreign occupations. If one raids or sabotages towns before capturing a Region, the resistance to foreign occupation can go as far as 20!

Still, to really flesh out revolts, a restructure of all public order system of the game is needed. So, don't wet your panties, this simple submod doesn't do any miracles.

DOWNLOAD

Tortuga: Slower than a slug

This is a modified Startpos for 6 turns per year. Throw it into the IS folder.

DOWNLOAD

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Below is a list of recommended mods. All of them compatible with Imperial Splendour 2.21b:

Stronger Garrisons by Alwyn

It replaces some of the Firelock Armed Citizens with Invalid Garrison Regiments. The latter supposed to be a collection of drill instructors, invalid veterans and wounded soldiers. Their stats are similar to line infantry. For eastern factions, you get Swordsmen.

Recommended version is: stronger_garrisons_mod_100_v10.7z]

LINK

Period Portraits by Onkel Tuka

IS 2.21b keeps the creepy vanilla portraits, if you don't want your generals looking like a date rapist, download this mod. It features over 4.000 real period portraits. Some still end up looking like sex offenders though... May be the powdered wig.

LINK

More reasonable diplomacy mini-mod v1.0 by Alwyn

If Tortuga is not working for you, you can try the new version of Alwyn's mod for diplomacy.

LINK

PS: I'm not a native speaker of English, sorry if there's any questionable grammar in this post.
    Last edited by iporto9393; June 25, 2019 at 03:21 PM.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Tortuga: a small collection of submods

Thanks for making these submods available and for the mod recommendations!

Sometimes mods become unavailable because the download links stop working or the sites hosting them close down. I wonder if you'd like to make your submods available on TWC Downloads, in addition to the links you already provided?

Hi, diplomacy mod been tested for ottoman or Russian turn reload bug ??

Quote Originally Posted by adrians38 View Post
    Hi, diplomacy mod been tested for ottoman or Russian turn reload bug ??
    None of the mods would influentiate the Ottoman bug. If anything, the Public Order may even diminish it.

I only play IS 2.21b, in this version no problem was encountered regarding the Ottomans.
    Train your Generals at Schools -&- Ancillaries and Traits Overhaul (E:TW)

TWC Thread

Do the diplomacy mods also work on VH campaign difficulty or does the AI still go crazy? You wrote somewhere that you have a version of Bran Mac custom made for this mod, could you post it also?
    Last edited by Steelwarrior; August 18, 2019 at 03:15 AM.

I'm using a new version for Diplomacy in my new campaign, it will be posted here tomorrow or the day after.

Diplomacy Tortuga makes no change on AI, only diplomacy values. If the AI goes crazy on VH for you, probably it'll go crazy with the mod as well. The main change is to allow peace, without killing late game conflicts like similar mods.

I cannot post Bran's AI because I have no permission and would need to review the files, which takes some time.

TWC Thread

Great collection!
    Everything works like a charm but I'm having trouble making your 6 turn per year mod working.
    I'm not using the launcher and I have tried both to put the file directly in the IS folder and to copy and paste the startpos file in the "Imperial Splendour" folder in the campaign folder.
    The '3 turn per year' mod that PikeStance has posted in the forum works normally so I'm really baffled.

Cheers

Hey, @Christo81. The 6TPY is a Startpos modification, you should replace with the "Startpos" located on data/campaigns/IS. And, by god, remember to save your current Startpos as backup! Good luck with your new campaign!

TWC Thread

Quote Originally Posted by iporto9393 View Post
    Hey, @Christo81. The 6TPY is a Startpos modification, you should replace with the "Startpos" located on data/campaigns/IS. And, by god, remember to save your current Startpos as backup! Good luck with your new campaign!
    I've tried that and I still have the vanilla 2TPY. Is there any chance that another submod affects your startpos?

The submods only affect .db files, starpos is another file completely. Just to confirm...

Empire folder -> data -> IS folder -> campaigns -> Imperial Splendour ->throw starpos from the mod -> replace

You did this and didn't work?

TWC Thread

Civil unrest is possible to use that with rise of republic

how will I make the 6 turns startpos and portrait work together?

I tried the 6 turns per year and it is not working
    Last edited by Leonardo; December 12, 2019 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Posts merged.

Anyone who can help me out make this work. Pike's 3 turns per year is not working for me as well. Hope to get some response from any one.

Diplomacy mod doesn't work. Crashes game on startup. Removing it from mod list fixes it
    Last edited by AndariusHaliusScipio; April 28, 2021 at 07:39 PM.