Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tribes of Indians

Port's Avatar Civis

Icon10 Tribes of Indians

Hello!
    Returned to work!

A lot of units! The pictures are the few that are

I present to you the first developments. Grandiose plans of course, we already know the possibilities of the game. What we can do is done. Work is underway.

So far, the Indians. very soon will be ready, in the Trope of war. It remains to bind the regions of the Indians, and their characteristics correct.

Help is needed. We need a translator from Russian to English. Looking for creators of units. We need testers and video bloggers for video. sorry for the bad translation.

Models of some units are taken from this project. Thanks to the authors for the excellent work!
    Special thanks to author is kunfuserge and cc vecino398
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...d-mod_units_us

PS The main campaign will probably be the Canary Islands and the Republic of Corsica!
    Last edited by Port; June 24, 2019 at 11:50 AM.

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Tribes of Indians

Very Nice!

hip63

Port's Avatar Civis

Hey. We need a translator from Russian. Then everyone will play. And this is just the beginning. You can breathe life into the game

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Very good, best of luck

Will there be Inuit units?

Port's Avatar Civis

faction list: Hodenosauni Union, Cherokee Tribe Alliance, Council of Three Lights, Siwanese, Apache, Algonquin. In the main campaign: Muskogee, Saoki-tapi-ksi. Inuit will be if someone does for them at least one unit. The Algonquins are Crees, and the Inuit can be made from them. There will be new technologies. New buildings.

Port's Avatar Civis

Hello. Here is a map with an exemplary hiring of Indians in the army. This map is EXAMPLE. Not the final version. Basic ideas: units are divided into horse and foot, there will be two technological branches for their recruitment and development, units are available to all tribes, subject to the capture of the region, the hiring of units - by region. The tribes of the great plains and the Iroquois - the most diverse units from the start. So far everything is at the stage before testing.

not all Indians on the map

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Very nice, superb

Port's Avatar Civis

Thanks for the feedback! Here are some maps where you can see in which regions the units will be hired. The armies will be as different as possible, and you have to think. There will be strong factions, and weak, that will fall under the onslaught of white people.
    units hired without any technology. with the Cree Indians will be refinement. they are hired in the north

units hired after learning technology - firearms. mostly iroquois

units recruited after learning technologies - horse riding and firearms (second map)

indian provinces (sorry for my english). All of these cards are relevant to the main campaign.

Port's Avatar Civis

Friends, If you want to play this mod soon - discard the files of your localization. English for example. I do at least some kind of translation.

I wanna play, but i don't need localization. I am russian. I played your mods while you were still on the www.imtw.ru.

Port's Avatar Civis

So, the technology of the Indians! there will be few of them. just like India and the East (they will also have their own technologies). Europeans will also have their own, few technologies. In three tabs. But that's another story.

Port's Avatar Civis

A few improvements, I hope for the future of our large project.

Instead of Buddhism, there will be other religions (without an icon). Instead nonconformism will be - the ideas of Enlightenment. Instead of ivory will be - African slaves.

This is part of 18th century history.
    Last edited by Port; August 11, 2019 at 11:35 AM.

Can you make a make a unit pack for vanilla? These units look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Port View Post
    A few improvements, I hope for the future of our large project.

Instead of Buddhism, there will be other religions (without an icon). Instead nonconformism will be - the ideas of Enlightenment. Instead of ivory will be - African slaves.

This is part of 18th century history.
    I'm no politically correct commie snowflake, but tbh... the slave thing bothers be a bit. I totally get why CA chose to go with "Ivory", instead of putting humans as a commodity.

I guess the player can always choose to stick with spices...
    Train your Generals at Schools -&- Ancillaries and Traits Overhaul (E:TW)

TWC Thread

Port's Avatar Civis

The problem is that at that time it was commonplace. This is part of the history, the sad and tragic history of Africa. The economies of many European countries and colonies were built on this trade! We are creating a historical addition based on the realities of the time. We don’t need to be afraid of this.

In the years 1661-1774 alone, about a million living slaves were imported from Africa to the United States, and over nine million died along the way. Such numbers simply cannot be ignored! Plus, the cost for one was 2,000 dollars! It was a cruel time for the indigenous peoples of America and the people of Africa
    Last edited by Port; August 23, 2019 at 11:27 PM.

@Port You're totally right and I agree that changing this small thing gives the game more historical authenticity. On the same note, it's better to acknowledge it like you did than to pussyfoot around it like CA.

I was speaking on a purely emotional perspective. Maybe I am a politically correct commie snowflake after all... Where I live, the place where they flogged slaves is a grim touristic attraction and in my old neighborhood some buildings still have "slave quarters" (now serving as storage areas and whatnot).

Funny enough, by the 2D art on the files, slavery was supposed to be in Vanilla but was scratched. Barbary Pirates made their dough from slavery as well.

Btw, the mod is looking great!
    Train your Generals at Schools -&- Ancillaries and Traits Overhaul (E:TW)

TWC Thread

Port's Avatar Civis

Thank you very much! History is necessary in such games. He tried to link the slave trade as a "resource" with buildings by plantations, building them. But for some reason the game does not give (by the way I found traces of the resource - coal). The game at the initial stages of development was much more interesting than now!
    I will tie the construction of plantations to technology.

Port's Avatar Civis

To the vanilla game - to the campaign, or without a mod?

Port's Avatar Civis

The main project, technologies are practically all new for Europeans. Now I'm working on a small branch for the East.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast