Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VikingHorde for Opifex

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Default Re: VikingHorde for Opifex

Will bump this to keep it active. VikingHorde deserves some support here and I know we have some out there....somewhere.....

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

I would like to comment to what VZ said in post #16 and in post #5, #8.

Opifex - To qualify for the Opifex award, the nominee must have made exceptional contributions to the Total War sections of the forum, either by modding or other contributions related to the those sections.
    This more or less disqualify VikingHorde from being nomiated for the Opifex award, but the Opifex award is a large award which automatically grant citizenship IIRC. Should the nominee accept citizenship.

Also, the posts I linked to suggests that VikingHorde might be a candidate for citizenship based on his modding work and that is a valid point which I would support.

But I cannot support a nominee for the Opifex award who has been inactive, without having a damn good reason for being inactive, for more than a year regardless what modding work the nominee has.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Just coming out in support of VikingHorde - the man created the first true big time modification for any Total War game (STW modding back then wasn't that easy), and he deserves any type of award in fact for the fact that he opened the gates. The XL Mod for MTW is a masterpiece and introduced a lot of people to modding.

He opened the modding gates for all of us - his contribution is just more than the mod in fact, because obviously being released in 2002 won't give you ample time for incredible in depth modding.

Absolute full support.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

I am convinced that he is deserving of the award; however, the purpose of the awards is to promote activity. He isn't active and have not been active for about 3 years.
    I think our time can be better spent recognizing deserving active members.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Having obtained the required support, I would like to request that this proposal be moved to vote.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    I am convinced that he is deserving of the award; however, the purpose of the awards is to promote activity. He isn't active and have not been active for about 3 years.
    And I do agree with you, but in some cases we have to make an exception. This also goes out to Blind King of Bohemia, the creator of the BKB Super Mod, which in my opinion is the first big total overhaul. (XL Mod was trying to keep it relatively close to vanilla)

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    By this logic nobody should be able to get Divus or or any staff award. Awards are a reward for past activity. It doesn't matter if you're still active or not.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    By this logic nobody should be able to get Divus or or any staff award. Awards are a reward for past activity. It doesn't matter if you're still active or not.
    Divus is the worse possible example you could have chosen. Here is the proposal. Unlike other large awards in which originally there was only one (Opifex) it was never meant to be an award that promoted activity, but to recognized those who have retired from activity (though you are not require to go to pasture).

I am not sure what staff awards have to do with this, but they are given out when achieved, so by definition, they are while the member is still active.

Furthermore the Opifex was at one time a "rank." Like citizenship, it awarded activity, but in the case of a large award, continued activity.

@BL while I understand your point, considering the lack of activity on the forum, perhaps we should be awarding those that are here now in the hopes they also do not go "MIA."

We have to keep in mind that we are talking about a significant period of time long ago - XL Mod was released in 2003 initially, that was16 years ago. VikingHorde and the rest of the MTW modders are not as active today as they once were because they moved on with their lives.

16 years ago is a long time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12