Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 92% of German left-wing activists arrested live with parents, 1/3 are unemployed.

Default 92% of German left-wing activists arrested live with parents, 1/3 are unemployed.

Overwhelmingly male too.

German

English
    The vast majority of left-wing protesters arrested on suspicion of politically-fuelled offences in Berlin are young men who live with their parents, a new report found.The figures, which were published in daily newspaper Bild revealed that 873 suspects were investigated by authorities between 2003 and 2013.
    Of these 84 per cent were men, and 72 per cent were aged between 18 and 29.

More than half of the arrests were made in the Berlin districts of Friedrichshain, Kreuzberg and Mitte, mostly during demonstrations.
    A third of them were unemployed, and 92 per cent still live with their parents.
    The figures published in the Berlin newspaper said of the offences committed against a person, in four out of five cases the victims were police officers.
    In 15 per cent of these cases, the victims were right wing activists.
    The new figures were released by the Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution (BfV).
    Between 2009 and 2013, the Bild report claims, left-wing assassins attempted to commit 11 murders.
    [/url]
    Now,Germany isn't exactly one of those places where finding a job if you speak the local language is hard; hard to blame it on the system. What we see is a correlation between economically worthless, parents basement dwellers and given their lack of prospects, probably incels that are actively destablizing society.

These people mostly had a free ride in life: state education, peaceful environment, good job market, everything they can wish for.... and it wasn't enough. What can society do to solve the problem?
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; June 23, 2019 at 04:26 AM.

Default Re: 92% of German left-wing activists arrested are unemployed, 1/3 live with parents

Lived with my parents for years while the job was only an hour away. Do you have any idea how much money you save on rent being a basement dweller? People need to stop attaching a stigma to this.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Default Re: 92% of German left-wing activists arrested are unemployed, 1/3 live with parents

Yes but overall in the same category the number is 68-70% Germans living with parents and at 30 something like 40%

You unemployment is generally high and fluctuates as has 16% percent for the general population

https://tradingeconomics.com/germany...mployment-rate

Also I can't quite figure out if being in university is unemployed in the German stats.

In any case I suspect you would find the same numbers 18-29 year old right wing activists.

And Gaidan is right. as an undergrad I could usually manage to scrape enough money to rent a shared house with mates right near campus but if not parents basement was always a fall back and all of my last year to have some savings for Grad school.
    Last edited by conon394; June 22, 2019 at 09:21 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

That still doesn't explain the male statistic. Being a male feminist isn't working too well for them, isn't they? Good to know. They deserve what they voted for.

Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    That still doesn't explain the male statistic. Being a male feminist isn't working too well for them, isn't they? Good to know. They deserve what they voted for.
    That makes a nonsense point unless you have general population data say for the 30+ crowed still at parent basement and their political views.
    Last edited by conon394; June 22, 2019 at 11:28 AM.

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Alastor's Avatar Vicarius

Arguably even if finding a job is easy, finding a decent job is not. And to sit here and pretend that this so-called "entitled" generation doesn't have it bad and can't be blaming the system while it is a generally accepted fact that this current generation will be the first since the WW2 to be poorer than their parents, while we all still complain about rising inequalities and uncertainty, to do that is hypocrisy.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

In Italy 66,4 % of young men between 18-34 still live in their parents house.

http://www.rainews.it/dl/rainews/art...tml?refresh_ce

Obviously it is an europeanwide socio-economical problem and has nothing to do with leftism/femnazi nonsense.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    Arguably even if finding a job is easy, finding a decent job is not. And to sit here and pretend that this so-called "entitled" generation doesn't have it bad and can't be blaming the system while it is a generally accepted fact that this current generation will be the first since the WW2 to be poorer than their parents, while we all still complain about rising inequalities and uncertainty, to do that is hypocrisy.
    Good point when the jobs my wife and moved for vanished and we ended up a essentially with glorified a post doc for her and online it programming piece work for me there was real problem that the jobs I could find full time did not pay for the daycare cost needed for three kids. A job sure, job that made economic sense not so much. Can't speak to how that plays out in Germany but if rent and housing cost are high where there jobs I can see people being driven multi generational living.
    Last edited by conon394; June 22, 2019 at 11:58 AM.

Every fifth pensioner is poor in Germany, you can see them daily collecting deposit bottles. 3,38 millions fulltime workers earn less than 2000 EUR brutto, which is a serious problem in big cities like Berlin, Hamburg, Frankfurt, Munich.

Life gets tougher here, so higher wages and retirement payments are important, not such "evil leftists/femnazi" bs.

Dante Von Hespburg's Avatar Sloth's Inferno
    Moderator Emeritus

The trend of young men living at home with parents is true in Britain too, and here it definently is an economic issue-

Data shows one in four people aged 20-34 still living at home, with young men considerably more likely to be doing so than young women

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8043891.html

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...nts-uk-housing

Indeed i still am (Boring personal experience story ahead, but i think its rather representative), i have the attic as a study/bedroom, i have a fiance (we're not marrying until we can afford to move out) who works as an executive in the private sector, I'm doing my MA. It sounds ridiculous i know, but we literally cannot afford to start a life together yet (Both near or for me, in London). I'm at the point where i'm giving my own seminars to undergrads and any others interested in both my topic, as well as having been invited to do talks on related subjects, i've got a strong academic CV (finally) and hopefully a line-up for my book (Antarctic Geopolitics and how this shapes our current world), i've become very good at pitching for private grants for research...but, of course most jobs i get while being academically great, pay little to nothing, internships are insane, you'll be lucky to find one that if it does pay, it won't cover the commuting costs to London (let alone living). So i work also part-time (infamous 0 hours contract at a box office), it's a life currently that is quite frankly weird. I go from making a research pitch successfully winning quite large-scale funding (of which i'll see nothing personally) to earning barely minimum wage. The prospects for employment of my BA, MA and hopefully PHD are great, but it's all a mess in terms of slow build. The 'back-up' option is the Civil Service fast-track, which is hugely competitive, and again starting salaries are frankly not enough to live on, even if you are put in the better paid roles faster.

I count myself as very fortunate compared to my friends who i went to school with (Again, most deprived area in the UK, and one of its worst secondary schools), who all have 'full time' jobs that do not pay enough to live, literally their are guys with families stuck at their parents, and they are managers at Next or various warehouses. A fair few have had to resort to several jobs, and more actually are being forced to start their own businesses out of desperation, using ETSY or Ebay and making things but without the investment, skills and time to be able to turn that into a real success. In fact just thinking about it, there is only 1 person out of that year group who has been able to move out from their parents, and that was because they moved into a 4 person flat-share. We're all in the 20-34 (i'm 28 now yikes ). So i can well believe that angry young people in Europe in the same circumstances will resort to protest and indeed law breaking.
    Last edited by Dante Von Hespburg; June 22, 2019 at 12:07 PM.
    House of Caesars: Under the Patronage of Char Aznable

Proud Patron of the roguishly suave Gatsby

Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Sylva View Post
    Every fifth pensioner is poor in Germany, you can see them daily collecting deposit bottles. 3,38 millions fulltime workers earn less than 2000 EUR brutto, which is a serious problem in big cities like Berlin, Hamburg, Frankfurt, Munich.

Life gets tougher here, so higher wages and retirement payments are important, not such "evil leftists/femnazi" bs.
    Well that would seem to be a reason to end up with even 30 year olds living home. Rent/Mortgage sharing and assistance for elderly parents with physically demanding household jobs.

go from making a research pitch successfully winning quite large-scale funding (of which i'll see nothing personally)
    My wife was research track in academia in the US assistant and associate professor and you know the bloviating she ran into from people who thought she was living high the hog just because she secured large grants Million or 6 digits drove her nuts. She have a caned soliloquy something like this: Well first the university taxes away 20-30%, than I share it out with my collaborators, plan to pay the research associate a pitiful wage, buy my lab supplies and what do you know at best I can update my analytical software or my hardware or reserves some for travel because I don't control my pay the university does I don't personally get any.

People that vote in neoliberals receive neoliberal treatment and get screwed over economically. The only problem is that they don't even learn and still ask for more. Clearly, antifa types attract the less intelligent of the society.

Clearly, antifa types attract the less intelligent of the society.
    About 80 percent of supporters of right-wing extremist parties are men, many of them are unemployed. This is shown by a study by the universities of Gießen and Leipzig.

Voters of right-wing extremist parties are often male, poor, poorly educated and unemployed.

https://www.welt.de/politik/deutschl...rbeitslos.html

That just proves that German government kinda sucks at well, functioning as government - hence why there are people who are unemployed or poor. Outsourcing of jobs and mass-immigration does that.
    Also even the article states that education among right-wing supporters is above average.
    Also the point about antifa being composed by less intelligent memebers of society is because they support factions and parties that are ultimately of their alleged beliefs.

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Also even the article states that education among right-wing supporters is above average.
    No? Quoting from the linked article:

Der Bildungsstand von Wählern rechtsextremer Parteien ist überdurchschnittlich niedrig. Nur jeder zehnte Wähler von NPD, Republikanern und DVU habe Abitur, hieß es. Das Statistische Bundesamt in Wiesbaden gibt für das Jahr 2010 für die Bundesrepublik einen Abiturientenquote von 26 Prozent an.

Die Wähler der Grünen hatten überdurchschnittlich häufig die Hochschulreife erworben, der Anteil lag bei fast 35 Prozent. Bei den FDP-Anhängern betrug die Quote der Abiturienten rund 24 Prozent, bei Wählern von SPD und CDU/CSU jeweils etwa 14 Prozent.
    Translation (if my German doesn't fail me here): the German average rate of people reaching Abitur (that is, entry to university from high school becoming possible) was 26% in 2010. Of extreme right-wing voters, only +- 10% had reached that level, of supporters of the Greens (left-wing) almost 35%, for the those of the FDP (centre-right, liberal) 24%, for SDP (left) and CDU (right) both around 14%. Of course, the question remains how useful an article from 2011 really is here.

EDIT: Found the study in question: http://home.uni-leipzig.de/presse/pdf/pm2011-343_ergebnisse.pdf. Turns out even between the big ones SDP scores slightly better than CDU. For the study in Bild, see here: https://www.berlin.de/sen/inneres/ve..._2009-2013.pdf
    Last edited by Cohors_Evocata; June 22, 2019 at 02:18 PM.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Lived with my parents for years while the job was only an hour away. Do you have any idea how much money you save on rent being a basement dweller? People need to stop attaching a stigma to this.
    Independence and self-reliance are priceless.

Surely you can always find excuses to rely on others for some reason...
    Last edited by AqD; June 22, 2019 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cohors_Evocata View Post
    No? Quoting from the linked article:

Translation (if my German doesn't fail me here): the German average rate of people reaching Abitur (that is, entry to university from high school becoming possible) was 26% in 2010. Of extreme right-wing voters, only +- 10% had reached that level, of supporters of the Greens (left-wing) almost 35%, for the those of the FDP (centre-right, liberal) 24%, for SDP (left) and CDU (right) both around 14%. Of course, the question remains how useful an article from 2011 really is here.
    This.

Google translator is translating very bad here: It should have translated "lower than average" or "unproportional low" instead of "above average", because it miss "niedrig" completely.

Its a little bit old, sure, but violent criminals in general are above average jobless and have a low school education.

Its nonsense, that right-wing extremists shall be the intellectual creme de la creme and leftwing extremists the idiots.

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Sylva View Post
    This.

Google translator is translating very bad here: It should have translated "lower than average" or "unproportional low" instead of "above average", because it miss "niedrig" completely.

Its a little bit old, sure, but violent criminals in general are above average jobless and have a low school education.

Its nonsense, that right-wing extremists shall be the intellectual creme de la creme and leftwing extremists the idiots.
    Yeah, I also just noticed OP's articles are from 2016/2017, so not particularly hot topic actuality either.

EDIT: Also more relevantly:

Quote Originally Posted by Study OP is referring to, p. 40-41
    Familienstand und Altersstruktur der Tatverdächtigen schlagen sich auch in ihrer Wohnsituation nieder. 92 % der Tatverdächtigen lebten bei ihren Eltern, 4 % in einem Wohnheim und je 2 % allein bzw. zusammen mit Freunden.

Aufgrund der geringen Fallzahl, die hier zur Verfügung stand (insgesamt lagen nur zu 65 Tatver-dächtigen valide Aussagen über ihre Wohnsituation vor), sind diese Angaben jedoch in keiner Weise repräsentativ und auch nicht mit den Ergebnissen der Vorgängerstudie vergleichbar. Vielmehr dürf-ten die Verschiebungen - beispielsweise gaben in der Vorgängerstudie noch 57 % der Tatverdäch-tigen an, allein zu wohnen - zuallererst auf ein noch deutlich zurückhaltenderes Aussageverhalten der (vor allem nicht mehr im elterlichen Haushalt lebenden) Tatverdächtigen zurückzuführen sein.
    In other words, only 65 of the around 900 people surveyed actually answered the question, which means that the ones doing the study themselves don't consider the high % representative. BILD really ought to have mentioned that, no?

EDIT 2: And:

Quote Originally Posted by p.41

Vor dem Hintergrund der geringen Anzahl der zur Wohnsituation, des Schulabschlusses und der Erwerbstätigkeit der Tatverdächtigen vorliegenden Fallzahlen lassen sich die vorstehenden Er-kenntnisse hierzu nicht verallgemeinern. Da nur zu weniger als einem Fünftel aller Tatverdächti-gen überhaupt entsprechende Daten vorlagen, können seriöse Aussagen über das Bildungsniveau oder den beruflichen Status linker Gewalttäter im Rahmen dieser Studie nicht getroffen werden.
    Study itself says no general conclusions can be drawn on education, living situation or employment rates among the violent leftists studied, the people responding to the questions were not numerous enough.

Link to study is here: https://www.berlin.de/sen/inneres/ve..._2009-2013.pdf
    Last edited by Cohors_Evocata; June 22, 2019 at 02:30 PM.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

Bild is german yellow press of worst kind and it has a history of leftist bashing:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The shot that launched a battle of generations

On June 2nd 1967, student Benno Ohnesorg was shot dead by a policeman during a protest in West Berlin. His death fuelled the outrage of the left-wing student movement and ended up contributing to the radicalization of the notorious Red Army Faction.

Benno Ohnesorg, a 26 year-old classics and German student living in West Berlin, attended his first-ever demonstration in June 1967. Protesters gathered outside the Deutsche Oper because the Shah of Iran was in town and going to watch a performance of the Magic Flute. They were demonstrating against Iran's authoritarian regime, terrible human rights record, and the German government welcoming such a dictator to the capital.
    The protest turned into violent chaos when the police and Iranian agents started attacking peaceful protestors. In the melee, plain clothed police sergeant Karl-Heinz Kurras shot Ohnesorg, who was unarmed, in the back of the head. As he was rushed to hospital, he died in the ambulance.

He was a pacifist, wrote poetry and his wife was pregnant at the time of his death.
    For the student movement, the murder of a peaceful, unarmed protestor was the perfect example of the kind of authoritarian state against which they were demonstrating.
    Kurras was cleared of any wrong-doing after a number of controversial trials, and it was revealed in 2009 that he was a secret agent for the Stasi.
    Rudi Dutschke, the unofficial leader of the student movement, demanded a denazification of the Berlin police, and criticized the demonization of the protesters in the conservative media.

Springer Press

The Axel Springer empire, including Bild, Die Welt and Berliner Zeitung, controlled 31% of the national daily newspaper market, along with 89% of regional and 85% of Sunday newspaper sales.

The coverage of the protest initially totally missed out the death of Ohnesorg, and when Bild finally acknowledged the murder days later, it described him as a "victim of the riots".

Springer newspapers depicted the students as instigators, hooligans and rioters using violent rhetoric. An article in Berliner Zeitung about the protest concluded with the worryingly ambiguous final statement "Whoever creates terror has to accept force".

As Dutschke became the face of the movement in 1967-8, he bore the brunt of negative coverage in the right-wing media.

It was the Springer press who first dubbed him ‘Red Rudi'.

By the start of 1968 this section of the media was against the movement and Dutschke in particular to such an extent, that it started subtly inciting readers to take direct action against it.
    An article from Bild entitled ‘Stop the terror of the young reds now!' identifies Dutschke as the main figure and goes on to suggest that the public doesn't need to simply leave the ‘dirty-work' to the police.

It is therefore no surprise that an individual took up this invitation.

Josef Bachmann, a right wing Bild reader, accosted Dutschke on 11th April 1968, calling him a "dirty communist pig" and shooting him three times in broad daylight.

Dutschke survived the attack, but had to relearn how to speak, read and write, and he died from health problems related to his injuries 12 years later. Having lost its reasonable leader, the student movement was crippled.

Just like the shooting of Ohnesorg, the assassination attempt on Dutschke further radicalized the movement, and a few former demonstrators went on to found the terrorist group Red Army Faction in 1970.

https://www.thelocal.de/20150604/ben...baader-meinhof

As German i never never never rely on the "BLÖD" newspaper.
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; June 22, 2019 at 02:40 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast