Thread: Preview: Play ED with Croc Skins (Submod)

Default Preview: Play ED with Croc Skins (Submod)

Restitvtor Orbis - Beta Release

Restitvtor Orbis is an complete and immersive Reskin for all units of all factions (except female units) in the Empire Divided campaign. It is a sort of Submod for CroC because it uses the CroC models!

Restitvtor Orbis is only a graphical overhaul so it is recommended to use with other mods of your choice! It is compatible with all mods which dont play with the variantmeshes. AI mods, Skill mods, Startpos mods are all compatible. However it WILL CONFLICT with my Alternative Shield patterns mod for constantine. DONT use them together!

Install instruction:

1. Install Croc via TWC download or steam BUT DONT INSTALL CroC PART 1!!!!
    It deactives all units in the ED campaign. You just need the models!

2. Subscribe to Restitvtor Orbis. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1781533140

3. Put Restitvtor Oribis above (new Launcher) the CroC Parts or left (old modmanager). Otherwise you will have Schildpatterns which will not fit to their units. (Example Taifilicav wont have their Pattern from the notitia diginitatum).

Its a Beta you will encounter some bugs like: Some units maybe not reskinned, some units may miss their Shields or Weapons) Please Report the Bugs in the Thread!

Credits: First of course the Crocteam. All models are theirs!
    I used some Patterns from the Kraut and Tea Resourcepack. Thank a lot!

Last edited by Son of a Preacher; June 26, 2019 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Beta-Release

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Preview: Play ED with Croc Skins (Submod)

Nice work

I finished all factions and auxiliaries except the female units which will be untouched because Croc doesnt have female units (maybe iŽll change somme equipemt in the future)

Thnigs left to do:

Bugfixin... somwhow the cavaleryofficiers dont show always there weapon (no idea why... help welcome!)

Shieldpatterns and Skin changes in the auxiliaries. Right now there are some copycat units.

Namechanges for auxiliaries... The lowtier units are roman citiziens of the local province. The hightier auxiliaries like CA added do not always make sense. There were no gauls in the third centurie only the romanised, same goes for thracian. So i dicided that i replace them with Fankish Foederati or Ostrogoth mercenaries etc....

Here i few pics of a clash between Palmyra and Sassanids

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190624103701_1.jpg   20190624103652_1.jpg   20190624103436_1.jpg   20190624103405_1.jpg   20190624103021_1.jpg  

20190624102931_1.jpg  

Beta is out

Read the install instructions in the steam page and like

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1781533140

Morfans's Avatar Semisalis

Bravo! +Rep

Any chance of a self-contained release (no CROC reference) ?

I See no need for that. And this Combo make sure the croc-guys get the credits they earn!

Real good mod,therefore there are more units than vanilla game?

I like it, but why remove Aurelian's mask?

I couldnt find any reference to such an mask... so i removed it.... but i must say, that there are realy many people suggest to put it back in.... maybe in an future update. Right now we moved in our new home so there will be a cupple of month wothout updates. But the Niederbieber Edition of the mod is already finished. All reported bugs were fixed.