Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Add'l Faction Campaigns (Sub-mod)

Default Re: Add'l Faction Campaigns (Sub-mod)

Quote Originally Posted by FoggyFogFiggy View Post
    It would help if you could post your log.
    Usually the crashes have to do with officer rewards, so I really don't need the log. I'll just have to be more careful of testing in future.

AztecHan;

Unfortunately, such crashes tend to be permanent for that game. I'll look at it and get it fixed, but it likely will require a new game restart.

If you have a save before defeating Wan, you could probably make peace with them and just ignore the rest of the campaign and that way avoid the crash.

EDIT: The error is that I forgot to update Han in the descr_names.txt. It had none of the new officers I gave Han in there. I fixed it and updated the file. That play through might be okay, though I'm not sure. I'll test all the new Han officers later and update the file with a second emergency patch.
    Last edited by theharkonnen; July 08, 2019 at 08:42 AM.

Sub-mod updated to 1.2.

I thoroughly checked Han, Jingnan, and Hanzhong campaigns. All are now fully working to end.

I will be reviewing the older campaigns to ensure integrity.

So will you eventually make campaign for all factions? This makes the best medieval 2 mod even better. XiLiang reward generals for defeating Gansu dont have traits.

I'm probably going to stop after I do the three Wu factions. This will bring the total campaigns available to 17!

Though I was planning to stop after doing Yuan Shu but then decided Han and some of the others were interesting enough to add factions to.

This is why I gave Gongsun Zan all of Liaodong officers and Xiliang all of Gansu's officers. I don't plan on doing those two. Nanyang and Henan aren't very interesting and the foreign tribes are all too restrictive (Though I did give their officers as rewards).

I may do Jiaozhou, Liang, and one more just to bring the total to 20. It might be Liaodong. However, I'll probably take a small break after fixing all the bugs in the old campaigns and reexamining the officer rewards for those. I do want to add a couple of sub-mod specific officers for Zhang Yan but I'm waiting until the release of the main mod 4.0 to do so.

I found out I had traits listed twice for the Gansu officer rewards and that's why it failed (again). This is one reason I am going to go over the old ones in detail.
    Last edited by theharkonnen; July 10, 2019 at 09:09 AM.

After reviewing everything, I have found that Lu Bu (Yanzhou) and Liu Zhang (Ba-Shu) required no changes. They are safe to play as right now.

I had to make some changes to Xiliang, Youzhou, Jingzhou so far.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Great work! Keep it up, happy to see continued interest in improving the mod.

Suggestion: the size of the upload is fairly small, why don't you upload it here at TWC? Then all you have to do is update it there in the download page whenever a new version is out, the link in this thread stays the same. Plus the download will be safe.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 10, 2019 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Great work! Keep it up, happy to see continued interest in improving the mod.

Suggestion: the size of the upload is fairly small, why don't you upload it here at TWC? Then all you have to do is update it there in the download page whenever a new version is out, the link in this thread stays the same. Plus the download will be safe.
    Thanks! I figure for such a great mod, this sub-mod was a must!

Thanks for the advice! I'll upload the next updates here.

Mediafire has a 15 day limit to non-registered members anyway.
    Last edited by theharkonnen; July 11, 2019 at 08:58 AM.

I've uploaded version 1.3 here at TWC, as per Gigantus' suggestion.

All known game crashing bugs have been ironed out and campaigns should run much smoother now.

Also added campaigns to Liang and Yue.

Please see the first post in this thread for download.
    Last edited by theharkonnen; July 12, 2019 at 11:20 AM.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Very nice job!
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Nice work my dude. A fun addition to an already amazing mod.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Will there be an update for 4.0?
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

There will be, but I am busy with other projects right now.

I am hoping to get something out in the next week or two.

EDIT: Transferring the 3.5 to 4.0 proved easier than expected. I will update to 4.0 version today or tomorrow.
    Last edited by theharkonnen; August 01, 2019 at 11:52 AM.

Updated to 1.4, now functional for 4.0.

See first post of thread for changes.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Oh great, thanks!
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Is there a way to uninstall this mod since it crashes for me as Youzhou as soon as I complete the first task or would I have to reinstall the mod?

You could select "no" when prompted to take the campaign on the fist turn. That disables it.

There is no way to remove it right now. But in the next update, I can add the original scripts in a separate folder. I didn't think anyone would want to uninstall it since one could just say "no" to a campaign.

Which mission crashed by the way? Was it after or before you got Zhang He, etc?

I more wanted to avoid the “no” option since I’ve noticed in the past as Cao Cao even if you select no the missions the script will still take effect and I was hoping to avoid this possibly being the case even if I select no but honestly it was on a previous version I recall this and didn’t have a problem with it while it didn’t ctd which it never did

on this case I’ve tried it twice taking both settlements (Xindu & Nanpi) by late 194 and as soon as you end the turn after it crashed and I also tried doing it after being on the defensive and building up for a few years and even by 197 the game crashes as soon as I take the settlement’s and press end turn. I was hoping I could mod the characters traits to have a bit more command and acumen considering these generals are lower rated because historically they lost but if you would want to succeed then they’d have to gain at least a bit more stats the medieval 2 engine doesn’t allow them to gain gradually through experience in game for whatever reason that may be

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

As a note, there already are resources in place where characters can improve their traits through both “training” and “actions”. For example, fighting and winning battles will gradually improve your Leadership, Attack, and Defense traits - this depends on if the character has remaining potential, the current trait level (lower trait levels grow faster), the type of battle (attacking or defending), the odds (more experience for greater odds against you), and the type of battle result (victory/defeat, heroic/average/crushing/etc.). Other traits, like Acumen, can be improved (to a point) by having the character in a settlement with an Academy-type building (depends on current Acumen level and level of Academy building).
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

For me they usually grow in other regards. acumen can only grow up to a five or six in an academy if I’m not mistaken and with command I’ve never had them grow since usually their potential is spent on other contingent feats and character traits I believe they’re called and even loyalty takes up potential. I tried to find some kind of way to mod their statistics but it seems you need some sort of engine that is no longer available online or top notch modding skills which I do not have either which is a shame. I’ve not tried putting my generals consistently in battles against their odds since I usually am very careful about how I make moves pretending there’s actually thousands of lives under my command

I guess the rebels that spawn every so often will be the best target for this practice

I tested Youzhou and I did not suffer any crash. Are you playing an older version?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast