Thread: Rider Position on over-sized mount

Laetus

Default Rider Position on over-sized mount

Greetings,
    I've been making some steady modifications to my base game with the PFM; changing small things to see their effects and familiarize myself with what is possible. I've changed the size of the Hawk Rider mounts to make them larger and also reduced the number of them in the unit. This produced a desirable effect. However, the rider now sits below the over-sized hawk, mirroring his mount's various movements but very much hovering in mid-air. Is there a parameter in the various files within 'db' that would allow me to move his model a tad north and reseat him on his mount? I've changed the sizes of other units, particularly other cavalry units and have not had this happen to them.

As I can't see any parameter to change that would affect this, I hope I can get some help from a more experienced file jockey.

Thanks in advance.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Re: Rider Position on over-sized mount

The issue is probably due to the unit's animations, so I doubt you'd really be able to fix it.

Laetus

If that is the issue then that is unfortunate. I did peruse other related topics before posting and they all had to do with an attempt to use a mount not native to the rider's faction. In this case, the rider is intended to sit on the hawk, just a smaller version of it. I thought perhaps, there was a scalar value or some such that I could adjust. That along with the fact that I've seen other mods that introduced larger mounts and I thought it was just something I'd missed. Thanks for the reply sir.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

To be fair I don't know for certain. You could try scaling the rider's battle entity size but I can't think of anything that would let you change the x, y, z co-ordinates of where the rider is positioned in relation to the mount besides the animations.
    I haven't modded Warhammer for ages though.

Laetus

So, first off, thank you much for replying
    After doing some more digging, it looks like the means to edit this is indeed in the animation files. I'll need to find a program that can open these files for adjustment, if that's possible. This issue looks to be constrained to the Hawk Riders in particular as they do not scale from their model positions as the other mounts do. When the hawk is increased in size, it moves backward and up as it gets bigger, thus leaving the rider below the talons. The 'height' parameter in 'battle_entities' and the different scale parameters in 'variants' could not address this.