View Poll Results: WHO IS THE GREATEST STATESMAN?!?!?!?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chairman Mao

2 20.00%
  • Kim Jong(any)

1 10.00%
  • Henry Kissinger

0 0%
  • Dong Zhou

0 0%
  • Cao Cao

3 30.00%
  • Liu Bang

0 0%
  • Literally Hitler

4 40.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WHO IS THE GREATEST STATESMAN?

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Re: WHO IS THE GREATEST STATESMAN?

Literally Hitler won the vote, not Hitler.
    Literally Hitler is anybody you disagree with in the slightest on any issue whatsoever, Hitler was just some dude with a 'stache who toured Europe with the boys.

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

You're sounding a lot like literally Hitler to me, Caligula.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Wow Akar I can't believe it, YOU'RE literally Hitler right now. I'm going to report you to the Politburo for reeducation.

There seems to be an omission from your poll.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Positively Churchillian. (No, seriously though, I'm actually getting worried now.)
    Last edited by skh1; July 06, 2019 at 02:32 PM.

"You know… the thing" - President Joseph R. Biden, Jr., vaguely alluding to the Declaration of Independence

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Nah, Trump is just following the Reagan school of Republican presidenting. Except instead of sitting around eating jelly beans by the handful and fondling himself he's threatening nuclear war and becoming steadily illiterate.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

What do you mean Churchillian?

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Patrician

I mean that he didn't win the war. The voting war isn't as important as the actual war.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Churchill was basically shoved out of politics after the war because he supported invading the Soviet Union right after the war ended to end communism right away while the allies still had the advantage of the atom bomb. Needless to say this was not a popular stance with the bombed and depleted European nations and his career in politics basically died after the war. I assume that's what he's implying here, but I can unequivocally state that I would much much much rather have Churchill in charge right now than that Donald.

Churchillian in the sense of being supremely eloquent, elevating prose to poetry, employing the English language as the architects of medieval cathedrals employed stone and wood to create edifices that will stand for all eternity (with the possible exception of Notre Dame, alas), inspiring and uniting his people through the sheer incandescent brilliance of his words (I rather admire Churchill. Can you tell?). Ascribing Churchillianism to our President Trump was meant to be sardonic (as I'm sure you can tell).
    Last edited by skh1; July 06, 2019 at 06:07 PM. Reason: added alas because, well, alas.

"You know… the thing" - President Joseph R. Biden, Jr., vaguely alluding to the Declaration of Independence

Patrician

I think the main motivation for kicking Churchill was really that specifically Britain was bombed to and people were eating rations until about 1947.

I just didn't get what Churchillian meant. But it was in the context of giving a speech.
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; July 07, 2019 at 03:50 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123