Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Orcs of Gundabad Reskin(WIP)

Default Re: Orcs of Gundabad Reskin(WIP)

Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post
    I think dwarf heads and skull is Superfluous
    Wrong, it's aesthetically correct that some Gundabad orcs had dwarfs heads & skulls as trophies, bc long time ago Gundabad was the first dwarven kingdom where Durin, father & the firstborn from all dwarven clans, woke up with his partner, so, for the dwarves Gundabad it's no just other settlement, it's the most sacred place for them & the easiest way to provoke the Dwarves. Also, there are specifically Gundabad warbands what are professional headhunters, a kind of orcish bounty hunter.

I don't know if Taurion planned some kind of effect for the headtaker units, if not, maybe those orcs could be unbreakable and/or cause fear to dwarves by the trophies.

PS: Btw, happy new year to all.

This project is still alive I recently made one of four base variants for the Blackshield's unupgraded model.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Gundabad is one of my favourite factions and I'm honestly loving the new designs.
    Keep up the good work

Glad to sea you try to finish it <3

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Lovely work I see here, keep it up Taurion!

Just saw your video on this and aa moding project Taurion, a little late since it was published 2 months ago and have to say i am really hyped since those factions you mentioned really need a touch, plus Angmar any plans for them because they look so reused and blank?, and i have to ask any news on the project since then and very nice job on those Gundabad units they look so high quality and new. Wish you luck man.

is your isendgard reskins compatible with the new version of doc?

I'm not sure, but I will be implemented for my centralized mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurion of Lindon View Post
    I'm not sure, but I will be implemented for my centralized mod.
    Ohh then i wait for the centralized mod then, thanks for the answer.

I kinda wait until you make isendgard as complete as the other two faction gundabad and the black numenor ^^

Hi, what's up, Taurion? Are you still working in the reskin? I would love to have it in the Dac's 4.6V (current version posted in moddb)

I'm not really active here and my new models and submod is on Moddb.

Can you post a link?

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Why you post my work as your own Taurion of Lindon? I made some of those helmets and i made them for Leo and not for anyone to use as their own. You should give credit if you are using others work, and if you would be releasing it i think to ask permission would not hurt either.

I ask you to take down the pics containing my work and not using them anymore in your mod or whatever you are doing with it.
    Last edited by Vladyvid; May 12, 2021 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    Can you post a link?
    I think it's this->Gundabad Reskin
    Last edited by Garnash; May 14, 2021 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    Why you post my work as your own Taurion of Lindon? I made some of those helmets and i made them for Leo and not for anyone to use as their own. You should give credit if you are using others work, and if you would be releasing it i think to ask permission would not hurt either.

I ask you to take down the pics containing my work and not using them anymore in your mod or whatever you are doing with it.
    Your helmets have long been replaced with my own, and what makes you think people can't make a helmet that looks the same as another. I think you should also specify which helmet to say "some" doesn't tell me much.
    Last edited by Taurion of Lindon; May 16, 2021 at 11:21 AM.

I should make note that all the images on this thread are outdated.

@Vladyvid
    Really here's a side by side of one of the helmets; I believe you are talking about my version on the left, yours on the right.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by z3n; June 27, 2021 at 04:17 PM. Reason: continuity

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    Ive seen my models and textures so dont give me that talk about reworking cause thats a lame dodge. When im home later im gonna report all the posts where i see my work, cause i see talking to you makes no sense.
    Taurion is a capable modder/texture artist which he has repeatedly shown in his work across several major submods. He has zero need or reason to take anything from you as he's demonstrably capable of making it for himself.

I'll be reporting you as well for trying to take creditnfor work that doesn't belong to you.

Removed offensive language, please refrain from using it again,
    Veteraan

Last edited by z3n; June 23, 2021 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Use of offensive language and commenting on moderation

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

No need to get heated.

Every modder, no matter how capable and talented, has used or edited another modder's work at some point and it's proper etiquette to ask for permission and give credit when applicable.

On this particular issue I take Taurion's word that he has made new assets and is not using Vladyvid's.

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

This helmet here was mine, i can see the same crooked teeth texture, same shape, only made the texture rusty. Maybe the model was changed later, but in this screen it was using my work and i have no doubt about it. I can do a vertex by vertex comparison for this here and prove this is my work used here - why deny that?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast