Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The U.S. will never be a white country again

Default Re: The U.S. will never be a white country again

Quote Originally Posted by Bob69Joe View Post
    AMERICANS SEE 'BETTER FOOD' AS BIGGEST BENEFIT IMMIGRATION BRINGS TO THE U.S., YOUGOV POLL FINDS
    Americans believe lots of dumb things. By far the biggest benefit is the increased talent and labor pool we get. I.e. more economic and R&D power.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Let's go with a completely hypothetical case and say US Congress had a sufficient number of Sunni Muslims to change certain aspects of the Constitution and they did do that. Then you could say ''our institutions are multicultural''.
    But you assumption is still that all non WASP immigrants are first a block and B that they have a vested interest in altering the Constitution.

And I think we are in agreement here so there's no particular reason to expand it further.
    So who stays out in the cold in your view.

Still, those European immigrants that came, for instance, the Italians, they dropped some of their cultural traits (namely language to begin with) so that they could mold into the dominant group.
    Over time, quite without any government enforcement and many did not they just stayed in their particular ethnic enclaves.

This process, which you might as well call ''integration'' allowed the preservation of social cohesion. The WASP made ethnic concessions in exchange of cultural concessions from the immigrants. It's a whole different thing to allow people to ''join in'' rather than to come in droves sufficiently high to reshape the country radically. In the second case you get an equivalent of seeing what exactly would have happened if the colonials were Spanish. More on this below anyway.
    But at least for the US the numbers now are proportionally and historically lower than say the turn of the century and people then said the exact same thing all those nasty Catholics from Italy and the Slaves and Irish would swamp the culture and degrade the country because of lesser innate intelligence.

It's a whole other thing to say ''every culture in the US must have equal representation in every single aspect of government and life''.
    Problematically to get to point you have created a construct SJW out of the most extreme viewpoints (and sometime garbling them) that able to every possible policy you don't like no matter how innocuous.

In conclusion, there's such thing as ''too diverse''. After a certain thresold you simply get social fragmentation. The diversity advocates instead simply think that things are going to be fine so long that we can provide adequate social representation to every single group and micromanage social interactions so that noone gets offended. I think it's insane.
    But at least in the US we have been walking that knife edge for really the history of the country. What kind of interesting is historical blinders people here put on here . The remember a brief period where the US enjoyed after ww2 economic ascendancy, and the Northern states acquiesced to Jim crow. And thus we had civility in politics and political consensus etc. But realistically over a longer history the US been riven with a lot ethnic and social and political division. The system has been pretty good at forcing comprise but for one really big melt down.

If the US keeps the current immigration levels, then Hispanics aren't going to drop their language quickly. Why would they, if they prevalently live among themselves and speak Spanish? Then you have trouble, because the ethnic divide starts overlapping with the linguistic divide. Which leads to another problem. Hispanics might have to abandon a number of cultural customs to fit in American society. Clearly not food, but you can't also say that there's a single Latin-American society that's as institutionally solid as the US or Canada, aka the ones deriving from Anglo-Saxon tradition. The risk being, instead of Hispanics becoming American, you get the US becoming like Latin-America. Desiderable? Not so much.
    Why would the US become like Latin america? Quebec gets by fine with two langues (and they be offended for saying they are from and Anglo Saxon tradition). It probably do the US well if everyone grew up bilingual it makes learning more lagues later in life that much more easy. You don't pick up tent stakes and leave you home because you want to re create the situation you are running from in the place you are running too. Also I might note on Hawaii the minority status of whites and preponderance of Asians has not seen some vast change in the nature of its government
    Last edited by conon394; June 22, 2019 at 06:36 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Let's go with a completely hypothetical case and say US Congress had a sufficient number of Sunni Muslims to change certain aspects of the Constitution and they did do that. Then you could say ''our institutions are multicultural''.

And I don't think society would survive that.
    Our government doesn't work the way you think it works. Have you read Article V of the US Constitution lately?
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Wow, the third one that doesn't understand what ''hypothetical'' means. Same rule as for Conon.

Wow, the third one that doesn't understand what ''hypothetical'' means. Same rule as for Conon.
    Well yes. Great. Congress passes an Amendment based on Sunni beliefs. Big whoop. 2/3 of whatever does not mean they are spread through the states in control enough for you to get enough states to ratify that now.

As well. It also does not mean that we have the Sunni population spread through the country to force state legislatures to call a Constitutional Convention.

All it means is Congress has Sunni legislators. All it means is they'll pass laws that the courts will have a field day with.

That's your hypothetical scenario. I am not impressed. Our government doesn't work the way you think it works. You haven't read the Constitution lately. Or you would've come up with a better hypothetical scenario that would've gotten past the first stage.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Well yes. Great. Congress passes an Amendment based on Sunni beliefs. Big whoop. 2/3 of whatever does not mean they are spread through the states in control enough for you to get enough states to ratify that now.

As well. It also does not mean that we have the Sunni population spread through the country to force state legislatures to call a Constitutional Convention.

All it means is Congress has Sunni legislators. All it means is they'll pass laws that the courts will have a field day with.
    It doesn't work the way you think it works. Pro-tip - if your system safety feature is unelected government officials making major political decisions, then you don't really have a safety feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    It doesn't work the way you think it works. Pro-tip - if your system safety feature is unelected government officials making major political decisions, then you don't really have a safety feature.
    Are you saying state legislatures aren't elected?

Lol is about the only answer I have to that.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Are you saying state legislatures aren't elected?

Lol is about the only answer I have to that.
    You were the one who brought up courts, not me.

To be honest the American bible belt would probabbly support allot of sharia these days. Thowing gay people off buildings would have some appeal with the far right christians.

Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by 95thrifleman View Post
    To be honest the American bible belt would probabbly support allot of sharia these days. Thowing gay people off buildings would have some appeal with the far right christians.
    I could see Evangelicals favoring some kind Lebanon like cantonment solution as long as they get there as well.

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    You were the one who brought up courts, not me.
    Read the last line more carefully. If courts can’t go to town on passed law in case brought before them than what’s the purpose of their existence.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

https://globalnews.ca/news/5397306/c...igration-poll/

According to Globalnews.ca, Canada will be 80% non-white within a century. Is Globalnews now a racist conspiracy site?
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    https://globalnews.ca/news/5397306/c...igration-poll/

According to Globalnews.ca, Canada will be 80% non-white within a century. Is Globalnews now a racist conspiracy site?
    Maybe I am blind but I don't see that in the story can post some text so I search it

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Sorry i should have said they state that in the video at 0:40

Edit: Something that rubs me up the wrong way is this, from the Canadian Liberal (capital L Liberal not Basil BS librul) government.

Engagement with the Canadian public is necessary, however any high profile debate will need to be carefully managed.”

Hussen said his department has been focused on sharing positive stories of newcomers giving back to their communities as a way to keep public attitudes from turning against new Canadians and refugees.

He added that this has become increasingly necessary to counter what he called fear-mongering and misinformation being spread about immigrants by Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer.

We used to have a political consensus on immigration, but what worries me is looking at the other side and seeing the leader of the official Opposition taking a stance that is rooted in misinformation and conspiracy theories… basically spreading myths about immigration,” Hussen said.
    1. He says engaging with the public is ‘necessary’. To me this gives away that he would rather not have to consider public opinion.

2. Sounds like propaganda but okay.

3. Considering governments like the UK and Canada are taking legal action against what they consider misinformation, i.e. censorship, accusing ‘the other side’ of spreading misinformation sounds to me like a pretext for information censorship.

4. ‘We used to all have the same opinion on immigration but now they disagree with me waaa’.
    Last edited by Aexodus; June 28, 2019 at 02:33 PM.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Bluntly: there was a political consensus when there wasn’t a perceived threat.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Who cares? As long as the cul-de-sac still grills out burgers on the 4th I couldn't care less. Despite the media's moronic efforts to pit everyone against everyone else, I'll be bringing my home made beer to the local 4th of July grill out which will be primarily attended by Indian immigrants (1st and 2nd generation). Can't wait to party with them.

The country's whiteness is irrelevant. All that matters is its culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Who cares? As long as the cul-de-sac still grills out burgers on the 4th I couldn't care less. Despite the media's moronic efforts to pit everyone against everyone else, I'll be bringing my home made beer to the local 4th of July grill out which will be primarily attended by Indian immigrants (1st and 2nd generation). Can't wait to party with them.

Good post, Its nice to see we agree occasionally.

Homemade Brew - What do you brew?

In that light you might enjoy if you don't mind a Shanty the parody of the famous Barret's Privateers - Garnet's Homemade Beer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI8P5Fhc5yU

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post

Nobody escapes tribalism:
    https://www.brightworkresearch.com/e...ndian-workers/

What a rigorous link wow not - stop. What 2 Quora links and news stories. And not surprisingly a stunning lack of actual cited data cited in a proper form beyond just a 6th grade report level and one I would fail given all the back patting. Man when I was TA reading that I would scanned it ripped in half and told econ 101 kid to go write something real and stop wasting my time trying to get the old tv I found in storage working so I could watch the NHL while grading papers.

It's a relatively new phenomenon, give it time.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast