Thread: Archers reworked

Default Archers reworked

I have attempted to balance this as well as I can, in isolation.

I currently do not have the time to do extended playthroughs, and as such I would really appreciate any feedback from those who do and are willing to try this mod.

I do have time to make changes as needed,
    however I do not guarantee that any suggestions made will make it into the final release.

That does not mean I'm not listening.

By the way, this is my first "rebalance/rework" mod I have made, so bear with me ^^

Changes(general overview)

Units used to be able to do an exorbitant amount of additional damage when firing in a high arc,
    I don't like this feature(especially since you can't SAY your units should fire like that, they just do or don't at will)
    it makes balancing irrelevant/impossible, so that is now no longer the case.

- Different tiers of archers offer different stats(increased range, additional damage).

- Militia units are less accurate than their better counterparts.
    That means they're also perfect for firing into a giant blob of enemies:
    If you can't aim... make it so you can't miss ^^

- All archers/crossbow units have a minimum distance they need to keep, so they can no longer fire point blank.

- Archers are best used vs low armour units, though an elite archer will still pack a punch vs an armoured unit.

- Crossbow units are best used vs armoured units.

- The heavy crossbow unit is no longer heavy as in they have great armour, they're more like a glass cannon now with much shorter range(and better damage) than regular crossbows.
    out of all the archers, they're also the best in melee, but like I said: glass cannon, they have little mass,wear a tunic and don't have melee evasion.

- Flaming shot now is more effective VS horses(like the olden days) while regular shot is more effective VS infantry units.

- Upkeep for the affected units was changed to better reflect their potential.

- Archers/crossbows in general are weaker in melee.

Units affected

Main factions:
    archer captain
    archer militia
    archers
    black mountain hunters
    crossbowmen
    fury of beihai
    heavy crossbowmen
    mercenary archers
    mercenary archers_captain
    thunder of jian an
    yi archers
    yi marksmen
    azure dragons

Yellow turban rebellion:
    archery masters
    men of the forest
    peasant archers
    watchmen of the peace
    archers
    archers captain
    bringers of righteousness

Permissions
    DO NOT upload this mod to any site without my permission.
    NO commercial purposes whatsoever!
    DO NOT upload a derivative work based on this mod to any site without my permission.

Always, ask for my permission for...
    Mod compilations
    Mod Merging, if another mod is released with this mod integrated in it
    Mod Mirroring

You are free to change values in this mod ONLY for the following purposes:
    - Providing informed feedback/suggestions.
    - Personal use.

Installation
    Place the pack file into your Total War THREE KINGDOMS/data folder

Place the user.script.txt file in yourUsername/AppData/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/ThreeKingdoms/scripts

Alternatively, if you already have other mods installed, simply append the line:

mod zmod_archers.pack;

to your existing user.script.txt file.

@Leonardo: I know what you're thinking, but I'd rather keep it in this topic for now, I'll place the final release on TWC Download instead.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ABullishBear; June 16, 2019 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention something #1

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Archers reworked

Quote Originally Posted by ABullishBear View Post
    @Leonardo: I know what you're thinking, but I'd rather keep it in this topic for now, I'll place the final release on TWC Download instead.
    Sounds good to me.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.