Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Triumph of the South-Victor, Aragost, FA 1140

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Triumph of the South-Victor, Aragost, FA 1140

Quote Originally Posted by Jokern View Post
    Aerion slowly rose and stepped forth before the High King. He immediately knelt again before the throne. He grit his teeth before meeting Eldacar's gaze. The man looked much older and frailer than his age would suggest. How grief tears at the soul, the Lord of Anfalas thought.

"Your Majesty... thank you, Anfalas fares well. The people can enjoy safety and prosperity thanks to your eternal vigilance and benevolence. Her Majesty the Queen was greatly beloved, and we greatly miss her kindness. If... if I may be so bold, your Majesty is always welcome to visit Lond Galen, should your royal obligations allow it."

Perhaps he was being too gracious, for it was an open secret that most of the workings of the kingdom fell upon the strained shoulders of the Lord Steward. Yet etiquette demanded subservience, and Aerion had no intention to humiliate his lord. The offer was sincere, too. The kin of Eldacar would always find a home in Lond Galen.
    "The offer is much appreciated, my good lord"

The king said, with a small nod that reflected his satisfaction with the lord of Anfalas. The king remembered he liked this man when he was younger.

"I shall certainly consider it."
    It'd be rude to outright refuse, for the king had not the wish to leave his wife and son behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Xion View Post
    At the announcement of the king's entry, Ciryatur would turn from the discussion he was having with the lord of Gilros to glance at the king, this being the first time the lord has seen his monarch. When he swore fealty several years ago following his father's death in a storm, it was to the steward acting on behalf of the king. The king looked to be a strong contrast to the tales and stories he had read or been told by his father as a child. "Long live his majesty!" Ciryatur would then bow and turn to look slightly to the left.

"I wonder how much longer until the feast begins..: Nissiel quietly says, before leaning back against the pillar she was standing in front of. The Black Numenorean had come to the festival to see Minas Tirith, and to have a few of her servants sell some exotic items from the south to the assembled Gondorians. She had watched the parade from a garden on the sixth layer of the city, with her guards catching some occasional stares from the crowd due to their armor being similar to that of what the enemies of Aragost likely wore.

"Hail the Ar-Adûnakhôr." she would say as she bows, along with her two guards.
    "My lord, My lady"

The king nodded to both people present. The king did not recognize both people for they were considered to be young still. Thus the king did not call them forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Malfoy View Post
    The Lord of Lamedon, rejoined by his brother, Caramir, turn to see Eldacar emerge from his isolation. It seemed the Steward had done a job well, albeit without some threatening and harsh words. It was hard these days to spur the King into doing anything, even making himself come to Council meetings or make decisions for the future of Elessar's legacy and the Dunedain people. Such a lax rule had resulted in the stress of the Steward and the problems of the realm growing. Nonetheless, Cunamir and his brother bow to their liege with all the respect that a vassal could give the High King.

Long Life to You, Your Majesty.

Long Life to You, Your Majesty.

The brothers say in unison to King Eldacar.
    "My lords"

The king said, while playing with his fingers. He remembered he appointed the older brother long ago as the commander of armies of Gondor. Though that was a long time ago.

"How fares Lamedon these days?, i remember Calembel still when i visted the town with my wife..." The king remembered it was a lively and cosy plave there, in decades past.

Kaidu, separated from his sister, who had decided not to join in this moment of celebration, was present in the audience hall when the High King came forth. The Easterling had only met the High King once before when he was named Captain of Harlond. He glances around, noticing the glares and gazes of other Dunedain. Just like his father had said, the Dunedain would always view his people as inferior and barbaric. No matter how many times his ancestors had served the Reunited Kingdom in the past. Whatever the case, Kaidu did not let that get to him as he bowed quietly to the High King.
    The king merely nodded to two Easterlings present. He didn't want to be associated with people who once adhered to the great enemy overmuch. Though he appointed them as captains of Harlond to keep his lesser subjects happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Goldwater View Post
    "So it has, my king." Hirluin replied gently. He approached Eldacar as the latter sat on his throne per the request, kneeling again upon stopping.
    "How do you fare now, my lord?"

His old friend had aged significantly from when they had last met. That they had in common.

"And how fares your wife?, she was a good friend of the Queen i remember..." The king's mind was always with his wife and son, even at this very moment. He seemed to never stop talking about them.

Ornendil had previously acclaimed the High King upon his entry, alongside all of the other lords and princelings of the realm. "Long live the High King!" He had hailed with practiced formality, even if the words were empty. In truth the sight of old, grief-stricken Eldacar did not fill his heart with inspiration and wonder as he imagined that of past High Kings (his own ancestor, Aranuir included) would have, just dismay and discontent. As far as he knew, if this King was no longer interested in anything but the tombs of his family - as unfortunate as their passing was - then why did he not abdicate already?
    "Welcome, distant cousin i suppose" The king said. He did not recognize the man ofcourse for he was far younger. Though he supposed he was one of the royal scion's for he wore the livery of the Telcontar's. The king didn't seemed to like him really for he had the same looks for when he was young once..
    Veritas Temporis Filia

The steward, in the meanwhile, was trying to figure how the king had gotten so loquacious in such a brief time. He guessed talking to tombs was an awfully boring passtime. They... rarely answer back. Good for thinking. Unless your thoughts were morbose. Ecthelion was wrapped in his long black cloak, trying to make some sense of the situation, while managing to avoid rolling his eyes from time to time. He had a minor throne next to the royal one, so he took a seat and commanded his servants -everyone attending the lords in the feast wore the white liveries of the stewards-, to commence the festivity and bring the first meals, including a huge pie in the shape of the realm, with the additions of the South Victor filled with pidgeon and pheasant whereas the other parts were beef and fine venison. Everyone started to move at the steward's subtle indications and orders, for they had learned to look for the actual lord's commands, while he leaned back on the throne with a cup of warm wine and eyed everyone atentively.

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Quote Originally Posted by Oznerol View Post
    The steward, in the meanwhile, was trying to figure how the king had gotten so loquacious in such a brief time. He guessed talking to tombs was an awfully boring passtime. They... rarely answer back. Good for thinking. Unless your thoughts were morbose. Ecthelion was wrapped in his long black cloak, trying to make some sense of the situation, while managing to avoid rolling his eyes from time to time. He had a minor throne next to the royal one, so he took a seat and commanded his servants -everyone attending the lords in the feast wore the white liveries of the stewards-, to commence the festivity and bring the first meals, including a huge pie in the shape of the realm, with the additions of the South Victor filled with pidgeon and pheasant whereas the other parts were beef and fine venison. Everyone started to move at the steward's subtle indications and orders, for they had learned to look for the actual lord's commands, while he leaned back on the throne with a cup of warm wine and eyed everyone atentively.
    "I think it is quite enough now, steward."

All that talking had been most tiresome for the king. And while it was good to see old faces again the king felt the urge again of secluding himself again for the sake of his wife and son, prayers had to be done still.

"I trust you will handle the rest of day and night quite well, for i have done the part you burdened me with." Said the king in a tiredsome voice, all those conversations had tired him so much..... and prayers still had to be done for the day.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Quote Originally Posted by Mary The Quene View Post
    "How do you fare now, my lord?"

His old friend had aged significantly from when they had last met. That they had in common.

"And how fares your wife?, she was a good friend of the Queen i remember..." The king's mind was always with his wife and son, even at this very moment. He seemed to never stop talking about them.

"Welcome, distant cousin i suppose" The king said. He did not recognize the man ofcourse for he was far younger. Though he supposed he was one of the royal scion's for he wore the livery of the Telcontar's. The king didn't seemed to like him really for he had the same looks for when he was young once..
    "We both fare well, my king. The natural beauty of the green hills and the fresh air there has never been bad for the soul." Hirluin replied earnestly. The King's inability to change the subject from his deceased family troubled the Lord of Pinnath Gelin, as such deep and overwhelming grief would have disturbed any friend, but at this point - much like the rest of the kingdom - he had to have gotten used to it. "And I assure you, my wife has not forgotten yours either. The emerald necklace which the Queen gifted Víressë all those years ago still adorns her neck, every day."

-----

Ornendil didn't quite know how, or even if he should, respond to the King's curt and nonchalant greeting. Well, at least the man wasn't so senile as to have completely forgotten who he was, he supposed. So he wordlessly smiled and bowed once more as politeness demanded, before retreating into the mass of gathered nobles and royal relations.

"We both fare well, my king. The natural beauty of the green hills and the fresh air there has never been bad for the soul." Hirluin replied earnestly. The King's inability to change the subject from his deceased family troubled the Lord of Pinnath Gelin, as such deep and overwhelming grief would have disturbed any friend, but at this point - much like the rest of the kingdom - he had to have gotten used to it. "And I assure you, my wife has not forgotten yours either. The emerald necklace which the Queen gifted Víressë all those years ago still adorns her neck, every day."
    "I am glad to hear that"

Said the king in his usual fragile voice.

"I am sure she and my son smile upon you and your family from where they are now." Hirluin was a good and faithful friend, and the king had never forgotten that.

Veritas Temporis Filia

"I am glad to hear that"

Said the king in his usual fragile voice.

"I am sure she and my son smile upon you and your family from where they are now." Hirluin was a good and faithful friend, and the king had never forgotten that.
    "Yes...yes." Hirluin answered, nodding along. He was at a loss of words, and though he tried to keep a placid smile on his face, the truth was that he found this line of conversation deeply uncomfortable. The King remained unable and unwilling it seemed to talk about anything else, and he was firmly of the opinion that it was not healthy to obsess over the dead to this extent. Eager to try to steer away from this subject however he could, he asked, "Have you considered conducting a progress to Annon Wain, Your Majesty? My wife has opted to stay there to tend to my grandchildren until they have become older, but she would enjoy reminiscing with someone who understands her friendship with the late Queen better, and she can surely tell you more about Queen Eléanoriel than I could. She can even take you out to see the green hills and forests that they once enjoyed." It was a longshot, but he was sure that anything that got the King out of the House of the Dead and into an open space with fresh air would help the latter recover (if it was still possible) from his present state of crippling depression.

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

"Well I'm sorry to hear that. That's truly unfortunate." Ornendil replied, nodding along as Kaidu spoke. It was well-known that the Easterlings were proud equestrians, almost as capable and as horse-loving as the Rohirrim who had bested them from time to time throughout history. No doubt the loss of a fine steed would hit this family hard, even if it had been many years since they were first brought within the Reunited Kingdom's borders. "I wish him all the best in finding a new steed, then." Idly, he wondered where the Steward's procession was. Assuming they started from the ground level of Minas Anor, they should be at the 4th or 5th level by now, per his estimations, and so he would have to execute his great and fateful duty of opening the gates fairly soon.
    Our mother always said, you will return upon a horse or you will not at all.

Kaidu says, recalling their mother's words. She, too, was an Easterling of a clan that had also been settled by previous High Kings within the lands of Gondor. Her family had been strong traditionalists, while his father had adopted some customs in order to better deal with Dunedain clients. He knew his brother would not fail him, but it did indicate the seriousness of picking and finding a new horse. Kaidu was lucky to have found his after wandering for nearly five long days.

Once he returns, all will be well. Then we may set upon other business of finding spouses for my younger siblings.

"My lords"

The king said, while playing with his fingers. He remembered he appointed the older brother long ago as the commander of armies of Gondor. Though that was a long time ago.

"How fares Lamedon these days?, i remember Calembel still when i visted the town with my wife..." The king remembered it was a lively and cosy plave there, in decades past.
    Cunamir bows his head as Caramir, the younger brother, backs away slightly as the High King approaches.

Lamedon is still as green and peaceful as when you visited, my King. Its air is so clean and revitalizing... I went there recently for some rest and to review my lands. The place, where you and your wife stayed, has been named the Royal Room within my ancestor's villa. To honor the visit your family gave me and the people of Lamedon upon that day.

Cunamir did not linger much on the topic of the late Queen though.

It is fortunate that Lamedon is where it is... away from the troubled borders that I must keep my eyes upon as your appointed commander, Sire.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

"Yes...yes." Hirluin answered, nodding along. He was at a loss of words, and though he tried to keep a placid smile on his face, the truth was that he found this line of conversation deeply uncomfortable. The King remained unable and unwilling it seemed to talk about anything else, and he was firmly of the opinion that it was not healthy to obsess over the dead to this extent. Eager to try to steer away from this subject however he could, he asked, "Have you considered conducting a progress to Annon Wain, Your Majesty? My wife has opted to stay there to tend to my grandchildren until they have become older, but she would enjoy reminiscing with someone who understands her friendship with the late Queen better, and she can surely tell you more about Queen Eléanoriel than I could. She can even take you out to see the green hills and forests that they once enjoyed." It was a longshot, but he was sure that anything that got the King out of the House of the Dead and into an open space with fresh air would help the latter recover (if it was still possible) from his present state of crippling depression.
    "Oh, well in truth i haven't"

The king had never considered to leave the halls of for many many years now. It simply never came to his mind to leave the Rath Dinen..

"I shall consider it, your wife will always be welcome in our halls if she wants" Perhaps they could pray togheter. Surely if more people prayed before their tombs the better it would be.

Cunamir bows his head as Caramir, the younger brother, backs away slightly as the High King approaches.

Lamedon is still as green and peaceful as when you visited, my King. Its air is so clean and revitalizing... I went there recently for some rest and to review my lands. The place, where you and your wife stayed, has been named the Royal Room within my ancestor's villa. To honor the visit your family gave me and the people of Lamedon upon that day.

Cunamir did not linger much on the topic of the late Queen though.

It is fortunate that Lamedon is where it is... away from the troubled borders that I must keep my eyes upon as your appointed commander, Sire.
    "That's very nice to hear...." The king remembered their visit Calembel still very well, these were better day that he looked back upon quite alot.

"I am sure you're doing your duties very well too ofcourse." The king didn't care about matters like the borders anymore, they distracted the mind of the king from his son and wife.

Veritas Temporis Filia

Our mother always said, you will return upon a horse or you will not at all.

Kaidu says, recalling their mother's words. She, too, was an Easterling of a clan that had also been settled by previous High Kings within the lands of Gondor. Her family had been strong traditionalists, while his father had adopted some customs in order to better deal with Dunedain clients. He knew his brother would not fail him, but it did indicate the seriousness of picking and finding a new horse. Kaidu was lucky to have found his after wandering for nearly five long days.

Once he returns, all will be well. Then we may set upon other business of finding spouses for my younger siblings.
    "Ah, is that right?" Ornendil glanced at Oyna. It occurred to him that the Easterling woman had never spoken once even as he conversed with her brother about everything from traditions to horses. In the few minutes that he had seen her and gotten to process her appearance, the Dunedan princeling thought she was attractive in an exotic sort of way, but alas besides not knowing a single other thing about her - not even that she was unwed, until Kaidu had said as much seconds earlier - marriages between the Men of the West and those of the East were rarely done and even more rarely accepted even if discreet dalliances weren't. "Well, good Kaidu, I wish you all the luck in finding a worthy husband for your sister and a fair wife for your brother. Barring the occasional unfortunate hostility on the border, the realm has been at peace for many years, so I'm sure there's plenty of fish in the sea...or horses in the field, whichever analogy you would prefer." Ornendil smiled widely once more.
    "Oh, well in truth i haven't"

The king had never considered to leave the halls of for many many years now. It simply never came to his mind to leave the Rath Dinen..

"I shall consider it, your wife will always be welcome in our halls if she wants" Perhaps they could pray togheter. Surely if more people prayed before their tombs the better it would be.
    "Very good, my king, I am glad to hear it. Furthermore, naturally I shall let my wife know of your words once I return to Pinnath Gelin." Hirluin replied, pleased to hear that the King was now at least considering leaving Rath Dinen for a breath of fresh air. That it would be in his own neck of the woods was just the frosting on the cake, so to speak. "Well, if there is nothing else, Your Majesty..." Then he would surely retreat back into the growing crowd of prominent nobles, to allow someone else their turn with Eldacar.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123