Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Some suggestions/ideas and questions

Default Re: Some suggestions/ideas and questions

Well as far as I see it, it totally does. I didn't have a problem yet.

EDIT : I meant that doing it manually with the BinEditor make it worked.

Hi guys!

Can anyone give me a hint on how to create an adviser portrait? I mean, the portrait need to be round so it don't overlaps, but when I open the original ones in gimp or another software like that, they are square (but their thumbnail is round, go figure). I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

You'd need to check if there's an alpha layer. An alpha layer uses greyscale colors (black, white and anything in between). The black parts of that layer will filter out the square tips of the portrait and will become invisible in-game, which gets you the round shape.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

It's created the way I describe it in the portraits tutorial if you compare original pic with in game appearance.

There is however no dual use of that adviser portrait and the frame gets imposed over it (notice her necklace isn't visible in game) so simply go ahead and create a simple picture with background.

Tip: you can set the creation of a new canvas in GIMP, and in PS I assume, to start with an alpha channel (total transparency as indicated by the checkered display in GIMP)
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 20, 2019 at 10:12 PM.

Ok thanks for the tips, I'll try to work it out!

Quick question : what are the effects of Chain Strike/Iron Wall exactly? I've checked in EDCT, but not sure what it actually does other than being text and having triggers so characters can get this feat when coming of age of being adopted. Thanks!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234