Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some suggestions/ideas and questions

Default Re: Some suggestions/ideas and questions

This is very interesting.

So this is why my late-game dies. I quickly build up my cities, hoping they make more money so I can afford more expensive buildings, and the combined negatives of doing so leads to an economic trade collapse. I had once thought it was due to number of territories, but it just appears that way because of the stacking.

In my latest Wu campaign, my economy collapsed about 80 turns in. I was taking Jingzhou and because the Jingzhou had evolved their cities, the trade income went way down. Danyang, Wu and other cities were pumping out about 3,000-4,000 wuzhi each, then collapsed to just above 1,000 wuzhi. My smaller cities which were generating around 1,200 collapsed to 500 to 600 wuzhi. Then I gave up as my armies were eating all my money up and to be honest, this is no fun.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

I’ve made major changes to the economy for the upcoming 4.0 version where the player’s economy will stand on its own. Essentially I want finances to be tight in the early game but, after you develop your economic infrastructure, you will be rewarded for your effort - all without artificial bonuses or handicaps.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I’ve made major changes to the economy for the upcoming 4.0 version where the player’s economy will stand on its own. Essentially I want finances to be tight in the early game but, after you develop your economic infrastructure, you will be rewarded for your effort - all without artificial bonuses or handicaps.
    Sounds great!

It also explains why mid-game/late-game, the unaligned faction is the richest faction of the game, with my faction being the second richest faction and having around 13,000 wuzhu. All AI loose all income as well and maybe that could explain why a couple of them just got destroyed while still having many settlements and family members? Anyway the changes sound great!

Seether:

Could you possibly add Ma Dai and Huang Quan as officer rewards to the Liu Clan campaign?

Sure. I guess I didn’t realize they weren’t rewards already.

Cool, thanks!

You probably didn't notice because Liu gets so many officers already

While checking the Han campaign, I noticed that the Han faction only starts with 1500 cash.

Is this normal or did I screw something up?

You surely screw something. I tested and I start with 15 000 wuzhu.

Quote Originally Posted by FoggyFogFiggy View Post
    You surely screw something. I tested and I start with 15 000 wuzhu.
    Did you go to turn 2? I start with 15,000, then it drops to around 1500.

EDIT: Never mind. Its because I did not move anyone on turn 1, the armies drained the starting cash that much.

Oh that make sense x)

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Little tidbit regarding the reduced merchant income - merchants are only affected by the bonus (negative as well as positive) if they trade in their own faction's regions. For the time being my 'summary' advice' at the bottom should help until Seether has come up with a solution in the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus
    Looks like my thoughts are confirmed - the income dropped from 50 to 38 after the region's ownership change, which is what I would expect from 4 cities as at that stage the bonus far outweighs the penalty.

Spoiler for 50

Spoiler for 38

It does support the findings that merchants loose their income if they are stationed in their faction's regions - the income should stay fixed in other regions. It would also suggest why they initially go for resources in their own regions and confirms why we didn't have this issue in 1648, the map size was maximum as well, multiplying resource values exponentially.

Spoiler for 1648 resource maps

Summary - identify 'long range' resources with high income and start using it once your merchant's income falls in your own regions.

Quick question : Is it possible to create a script that will trigger regarding the level of tax of a settlement? Let's say I want a character to emerge after a specific settlement taxes is set to low for 12 turns, what line do I need to write as condition? Thanks!

Not sure. You would have to check out the Kingdoms Docudemons.

The download doesn't exist anymore.

Check the Mod Workshop, there should be a working download of the Docudemons in there somewhere.

Ok thanks, I'll go have a look later. Another question : is there not a way to modify "Command, Chivalry/Dread, Loyalty and Piety" text in the game? I've look with the search engine of Notepad all the files in the text folder, but I didn't find the lines related to the in-game text (only the description of their levels).

It is shared.txt, although getting the strings.bin file to regenerate properly is a bit tricky.

Yeah because instead of Honor, I get chivalry. :/ Even though in the file it is Honor that is written. And also I don't even have a bin file for this one.

EDIT : I've installed the Bin editor from Gig' and manage to generate them manually by importing the TXT file and saving them as STRING.BIN. And it worked.
    Last edited by R.P. Gryphus; July 13, 2019 at 07:16 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

M2TW Ultimate Docudemons 4.0

The BinEditor will not be able to generate proper shared, tooltips, strat and battle STRING.BIN files (afaik). The disk game will generate those from TXT, Steam however doesn't.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast